Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 105306 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2021, 11:10:54 am »

Huh, they removed CBMs from zombies from Cata-dda, without having alternatives way of getting them, with the promise of having them added at a "later date".

Too bad, CBMs were one of the good rewards for engaging these seriously dangerous zombies(shockers could "stun-lock" you ending your game real quick).

Yeah. Devs REALLY wanna make cataclysm a boring zombie survival game.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2021, 12:42:51 pm »

Huh, they removed CBMs from zombies from Cata-dda, without having alternatives way of getting them, with the promise of having them added at a "later date".

Too bad, CBMs were one of the good rewards for engaging these seriously dangerous zombies(shockers could "stun-lock" you ending your game real quick).

Bright Nights meanwhile laughs at this "ayy lmaos invented bionics" nonsense. Not only do zapper zombies now have bionics too (reversing the decision to never give them CBMs because ayy lmaos), but there's now an industrial center location with an augmentation clinic in it. Basically answering the question, where do technician zombies get all those bionics?

DDA's answer to that question is "they don't anymore, they can yeet your weapons through blob magic, now you have no reason to ever bother fighting them, go hunt my special snowflake aliens if you want to become a cyborg"

BN's answer is "right here, come and have a go if you think you're 'ard enough, it might actually be worth it"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2021, 01:59:43 pm »

Yeah. Devs REALLY wanna make cataclysm a boring zombie survival game.

Nobody has ever made one of those before....

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2021, 03:02:55 am »

I also heard that they're gonna give the self aware trait the axe as well.

Also I saw in one of the hobbies PRs has made the super skinny and super fat traits into hobbies, I don't think I've met anyone who makes a hobby out of being a massive fat bastard.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2021, 12:03:09 pm »

I also heard that they're gonna give the self aware trait the axe as well.

Also I saw in one of the hobbies PRs has made the super skinny and super fat traits into hobbies, I don't think I've met anyone who makes a hobby out of being a massive fat bastard.

"I'm into fitness. Fitn'ess cheeseburger in my mouth."

Meanwhile, yote some ideas at Noct recently, for a Cata++ idea that came about after binging on Cruelty Squad: https://github.com/Noctifer-de-Mortem/nocts_cata_mod/pull/293
1. Added harvest overrides for the mi-go slaver, guard, myrmidon, and scout. All of them have bio-tech of some sort that can potentially be salvaged from their corpse via dissection.
2. Surgical claws can be obtained by dissecting mi-go surgeons and potentially myrmidons, both described with bladed implements. Salvaging it yields an exotic unarmed weapon on par with the biological knife's utility as a standard melee weapon. It can also potentially be an upgrade to the user's cutting qualities.
3. The biological lens can be obtained from slavers, guards, and myrmidons, all of which normally use the beam spell. If salvaged, it can be crafted into a weapon that's that fires low-damage beams with a stunning focus, running off UPS.
4. The resin projector is basically the mi-go scout's weapon, and is thus obtained from them. Salvaging it gives you a weapon that fires bullets molded from alien resin, making it primarily a decent competitor to pneumatic and bolt-thrower weapons. Ammo requires raiding mi-go locations to make but is simple and efficient once materials are obtained.
5. Guards and myrmidons can potentially yield a carapace husk instead of their beam weapon, implied to be part of the armor both are described as wearing. With a fairly advanced recipe it can be converted into a version usable by humans, effectively turning it into mutant-friendly biopunk power armor. When active it provides various protections and improvements in addition to making it less encumbering, flavored as the suit effectively coming to life along with providing an enclosed environmental seal. While it boosts stamina regen and carry capacity (on top of a minor strength boost), its downsides include fatigue and healthiness penalties, plus it increases the damage you take from electric shocks. Solar-powered.
6. Added recipes for the above and a crafting requirement for shaping alien resin chunks. It uses solvents such as lye or alcohol, based off how shellac is rendered soluble. Most of the recipes added involve this requirement, except for a recipe for molding resin bullets using a resin pod (which is slow but makes a large number of bullets due to the size of resin pods).
7. Set it so that the converted beam weapon can be used as an alternative to the flesh pistol when making the other flesh ranged weapons, and the converted blade weapon can be adapted as an alternative to the flesh knife when making the flesh sword.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2021, 11:06:01 pm »

*facepalms* At this point it's just sad.  Literally the only thing DDA has going for it at this point is brand recognition.  People who play these types of games all know about it because of other offerings such as Project Zomboid, so Kevin and gang aren't getting the blow back they should be getting for these horrible decisions.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2021, 11:15:23 pm »

That's why I say play Bright Nights. Because it actually sets out to be a GAME. :D
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2021, 03:41:43 am »

I hope more and more people that only know CDDA will start to notice CBN and then can enjoy Cataclysm again.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2021, 11:15:53 am »

Here's hoping, yeah. The way that the devs are actively trying to undermine people who talk about or promote BN in spaces they control suggests BN's already taking off to a degree that they dislike.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2021, 11:13:25 pm »

Wish they'd put that much effort into the base building side of things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2021, 02:11:25 am »

Here's hoping, yeah. The way that the devs are actively trying to undermine people who talk about or promote BN in spaces they control suggests BN's already taking off to a degree that they dislike.
And yet I've seen several PRs where they take stuff from BN.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2021, 09:44:10 am »

Wish they'd put that much effort into the base building side of things.

Yeah. An unfortunate side effect of open source game dev. The cool stuff you like that’s probably very complex under the hood was developed and then it stopped because the dev got bored or doesn’t have the skill to implement it, meaning it just stagnates.

npc basebuilding focus when

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2021, 08:11:59 pm »

Stamina?  How was it changed?  I'm looking at a mod that increases stamina regen...  is it still required for Bright Nights?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 20, 2021, 10:09:17 pm »

Stamina?  How was it changed?  I'm looking at a mod that increases stamina regen...  is it still required for Bright Nights?

BN has more or less reduced the problems caused by the winded condition but stamina regen rate is still at the value inherited from BN, so it's worth using the mod anyway.

Also, pic unrelated:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 21, 2021, 04:05:25 am »

That reminds me immediately of a specific Police Academy scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pobCoKFEfXk
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73