Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63753 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 1 will get people talking
« Reply #405 on: November 27, 2020, 06:36:48 pm »

Webadict, proclaimer of peace:
1. Refuses to sell their extremely lethal and expensive plasma bomb.
2. Won't buy a cheap shield to protect themselves or is lying about what they have for safety.
Again, you say I should sell my bomb, but you won't sell your nondescript Large Tech. Have I told you to sell yours? Weird, it's just a weird double standard. Seems like you're imposing a burden on me that you're unwilling to take on yourself. I've even claimed what I have.

Honestly, it really sounds like you want me to sell everything so that I have nothing so that you can kill me. Can I prove that? No. But, what you've just said is literally impossible unless I'm in a secret team with Jim Groovester. Do you think Jim Groovester is lying? Well, that can't be possible, because you said:
give the money to Jim if you do it first and Jim confirms it.
Which means you trust Jim. So, I can't be lying unless Jim is lying, or I somehow have more than 100 KOR. So, do I have more than 100 KOR? That's weird, because I claimed to only have 100 KOR in my first post of the day. I, of course, could've gleaned this from earlier on Day 1 when someone explained how much money we had left, but that would have been odd, since you were the only one confused by that, so that might just you being confused. So, then what exactly am I suspected of? Having a bomb I literally claimed to already have?

As for point 2, I didn't buy a Shield because I didn't see the need for one. How is being an advocate for peace mean that I should be buying a Shield? That... literally undermines the point and indirectly says that I don't believe peace will work. If I didn't believe that peace would work, wouldn't I buy a shield?

I keep the bomb because it's mutually assured destruction. If you or anyone else attacks me, I will be detonating my bomb. That's all. It's simply a bargaining chip.

Would you be willing to trust Caz to hand over money if they got a bounty?
Caz, in spite of proclaiming peace, also only sent 50 KOR. That's better than some, but it's still not the best.

Like, the only person I trust with handing over money is Jim Groovester and myself because we're literally the only two that gave over all 100 KOR.

Technically speaking, I would have given 100 but I bought an item before Jim said anything.
Forgivable. I'd probably trust Shakerag, too.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 27, 2020, 06:53:04 pm »

Guys don't fight over who gives me money first or who sells their tech first.

I notice there are a lot of silent people in this discussion about large tech items though.

Anyone else willing to spot some cash? Can Intel people sell their Intel?

We can still discuss during Hunt Phase and trade I believe so we'll have more time.

Negative on selling Intel.

We can discuss during the Hunt phase but I don't think we can buy things from the bot during the Hunt phase. If we want to make the hacking tool before the Hunt phase we're going to have to scrounge up the cash pretty damn quick.

(And I'll be running around for the next little bit so I may not be around for the phase transition anyway.)

I see. Can I write a will then? If money is transferred electronically, it shouldn't be too hard to send it to a designated heir.

You'd have to contact a lawyer for a will. I suppose you could easily give someone else access to your account.

Given what else is going on in this game this actually might be perfectly possible.

I have 100 KOR from contributions from viewers like you IcyTea31 and from selling my scanner.

It doesn't have to be me who buys the Replicator so I can hand it over to somebody else if they collect a large sum of cash.

I'm not planning on targeting anybody during the Hunt phase even though juicebox is a very juicy, enticing target.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 27, 2020, 07:05:55 pm »

I won't kill anybody if nobody else kills. I can wait.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 27, 2020, 08:08:42 pm »

The Monitor in the Mess Hall has changed.

The Shop also recesses back into the wall and closes up. It won't be open again until the next Truce Phase. You may no longer buy or sell tech.

A voice booms out over the comms: "Good Hunting! And try to make this a bit more exciting, will you? We'd hate to disappoint the viewers out there."

The Hunt Phase has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Sunday.

Night Actions my now be taken.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 28, 2020, 04:24:09 am »

Would you be willing to trust Caz to hand over money if they got a bounty?
Caz, in spite of proclaiming peace, also only sent 50 KOR. That's better than some, but it's still not the best.

Like, the only person I trust with handing over money is Jim Groovester and myself because we're literally the only two that gave over all 100 KOR.

try forming your plans before i buy shiny things. also it's rich that you're the one running around saying people aren't trustworthy when you were going to bomb everyone last night. honestly i probably would have bought a shield even if jim needed the money first for such a reason. there's still 10 of us so why do half of us need to give up all of our credits while the others are free to buy medium techs?

also, either the 2nd stun bomb was roseheart or we do have some sneaky player.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 28, 2020, 10:59:21 am »

also it's rich that you're the one running around saying people aren't trustworthy when you were going to bomb everyone last night. honestly i probably would have bought a shield even if jim needed the money first for such a reason. there's still 10 of us so why do half of us need to give up all of our credits while the others are free to buy medium techs?

Are you actually serious? I'm sorry, were you not paying attention Yesterday? Do we live in an alternate universe where things that happened in the past don't happen for you? Or maybe parts of forum threads become both inaccessible and entirely forgotten after 48 hours? I'm entirely baffled that you think that makes me untrustworthy, because to me (and Merriam-Webster), it sounds like I am.

Trustworthy means that you can usually rely on that person to be trusted or honest, yes? (The answer is yes, naturally. It's called Google.) And if I spent all of Yesterday:
- Saying "Hey guys, let's kill everyone."
- Defending why I believe we should kill everyone.
- Taking an item that helps kill everyone.
- Using that item to help kill everyone.

Then... You'd think that my words match my actions, yes? Because they do. Because I was being honest. Because we had no leads to go on, and it would've allowed us to win by our wincons. You see? All that defense exists on Day 1. Did you read it? I read it. A lot of other people read it. They all said: "Hey, let's kill everyone."

try forming your plans before i buy shiny things.
If you simply said, "I bought mine before I realized there could be other things I'd need it for," I would've believed you. I literally believed Shakerag's post earlier, so it's really weird that you think I wouldn't have. But, you also said that you still would've bought it anyway. Plus, your reasoning is flawed because I am the one advocating here and I bought no items AND gave up my money. It's even worse given you were the guy advocating for peace, but then went out and bought a shield. How can peace work in that situation if you yourself don't believe in it?

Honestly, the reason I am disappointed in the people that bought an item first is because you know it's a Bastard game, and yet you somehow decided to buy the items first without knowing everything. It's just... I dunno. You have so much time to discuss beforehand. There's no reason to pull the trigger before you know everything. I dunno, I just thought that was part of how Exterminators worked. My bad for thinking, I guess.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 1 is in progress
« Reply #411 on: November 28, 2020, 11:07:33 am »

how is having shields a bad thing again?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 28, 2020, 11:12:08 am »

It's not and Webadict is mad he can't night kill you for free.

You can't kill people better with a shield, it's purely defensive. Only very expensive tech could by-pass a shield.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What do you think the 2 in the bullseye means? Second night technically?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 28, 2020, 12:08:14 pm »

It's not and Webadict is mad he can't night kill you for free.

You can't kill people better with a shield, it's purely defensive. Only very expensive tech could by-pass a shield.
You are very misguided if you believe that.

If you all keep playing by the rules of the original game, you're going to get yourselves and anyone that listens to you killed. Shields aren't going to protect you forever. It's weird given that I figure you'd be the one with the most knowledge on Battle Royale, Toony. It should be clear: The rules are no longer static. They are subject to change. They are subject to bending. They are subject to not being enforced. They are occasionally outright lies. If you keep thinking you're protected, you are going to end up betrayed by that feeling eventually. That's what always happens.

If it's as you say, Toony, then the only thing that will stop people from killing is knowing they won't be killed in return. But what happens if (and likely when) everyone finds out that shields no longer do that? Will we devolve into anarchy? Survival of the strongest? Or will we push for a way to survive regardless. I guess I partially am hypocritical in this. I don't need to kill anyone because I can already kill everyone. The really unfortunate part is that you haven't realized yet because you think that the game rules don't allow me to do so. Or maybe I'm unsure because the game rules aren't static? Who knows? All that can be said is that I haven't killed everyone, and I don't plan on it unless I have to.

The point is simple: You are better off hiding behind a sword instead. Or maybe like one of those shields with barbs on it. And if you don't have one, then you should be getting one. And if you can't get one or don't want to get one, then you're better off working with Jim. He has a plan. And I think it'll work. And if it doesn't, then it didn't cost me anything but 100 KOR. But, it's better than the alternative of "nothing" that you proposed.

I think the only takeaway you're going to get from this is that you might think I'm scum because I'm about to guess what's about to come. I'm not. I'm just putting the pieces I've found together as I go, and seeing where that path will take us. I am not always right, but in this case, I believe that my first guess on Day 1 was wrong. I still don't believe there is a Traitor or a DE, but I definitely believe that the situation is going to change until we're essentially forced to start killing each other. And I think that killing each other might win us the game, or it might not. And now that there is a goal to aim for, killing other people is pointless.

Basically, the saying goes:
If you can't beat them, join them.
If you can't join them, bribe them. <--- We are here.
And if you can't bribe them, blackmail them.

Right now, it's possible that no one takes up the offer to kill. It's also possible someone does. It will not be me, though. While I believe that Caz has been a contentious agent of chaos, I don't really care what they think because I'm going to try to find a way to revive TricMagic. And if you want to try to kill me, just be prepared for your own death.

It's not. What is a bad thing is buying a shield after asking for peace. Because it assumes that you don't believe that peace will inevitably come.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 28, 2020, 12:16:36 pm »

I don't need to kill anyone because I can already kill everyone. The really unfortunate part is that you haven't realized yet because you think that the game rules don't allow me to do so. Or maybe I'm unsure because the game rules aren't static? Who knows? All that can be said is that I haven't killed everyone, and I don't plan on it unless I have to.

What are you even talking about btw? Plasma bomb kills one person and chains anyone who interacted with them. You also either use it or you don't, if someone night kills you it's not like you can choose to only use it then.

It's not. What is a bad thing is buying a shield after asking for peace. Because it assumes that you don't believe that peace will inevitably come.

so... just stand in front of the maintenance droid and hope they won't shoot while we dismantle them for parts?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 28, 2020, 12:38:29 pm »

I don't need to kill anyone because I can already kill everyone. The really unfortunate part is that you haven't realized yet because you think that the game rules don't allow me to do so. Or maybe I'm unsure because the game rules aren't static? Who knows? All that can be said is that I haven't killed everyone, and I don't plan on it unless I have to.

What are you even talking about btw? Plasma bomb kills one person and chains anyone who interacted with them. You also either use it or you don't, if someone night kills you it's not like you can choose to only use it then.
Oh? Do you really think that? I suppose I might understand your position if I also forgot everything that happened within the last 48 hours. Let's go over some facts that you haven't realized:

1. Jim is calling for a repair ship. That was not possible in the original rules.
2. You and several others have bought an additional item. That was not possible in the original rules.
3. We can harvest maintenance droids. That was not possible in the original rules.

I don't know if you know this or not, but the AdrinoCorpTM Fusion Power Cells are really just bigger Plasma Bombs wrapped inside of a polar-induction forcefield to prevent catastrophe. They come with a critical factory defect that could potentially cause "unfortunate accidents," but you'd really only know that if you spent some time reading the safety manual or just asking about it from a couple of people in the know. But, obviously purely hypothetically, let's say you harvested maintenance droids for makeshift surgical equipment so that you could attach a dead-man switch to your own heart that would cause your own Plasma Bomb to detonate right next to this critical defect and destroy the entire ship you were standing on. Do you think that would be in the original rules?

so... just stand in front of the maintenance droid and hope they won't shoot while we dismantle them for parts?
The burns you get are pretty minor. They won't matter much if you're planning on dying anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 28, 2020, 12:42:49 pm »

So the benevolent Webadict strapped a suicide bomb to his chest and is waving his arms in front of the power reactor, got it.

Way to take the entire game hostage hero.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 28, 2020, 12:43:52 pm »

Oh? Do you really think that? I suppose I might understand your position if I also forgot everything that happened within the last 48 hours. Let's go over some facts that you haven't realized:

1. Jim is calling for a repair ship. That was not possible in the original rules.
2. You and several others have bought an additional item. That was not possible in the original rules.
3. We can harvest maintenance droids. That was not possible in the original rules.

I don't know if you know this or not, but the AdrinoCorpTM Fusion Power Cells are really just bigger Plasma Bombs wrapped inside of a polar-induction forcefield to prevent catastrophe. They come with a critical factory defect that could potentially cause "unfortunate accidents," but you'd really only know that if you spent some time reading the safety manual or just asking about it from a couple of people in the know. But, obviously purely hypothetically, let's say you harvested maintenance droids for makeshift surgical equipment so that you could attach a dead-man switch to your own heart that would cause your own Plasma Bomb to detonate right next to this critical defect and destroy the entire ship you were standing on. Do you think that would be in the original rules?

What a load of crap.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2020, 12:50:06 pm »

So the benevolent Webadict strapped a suicide bomb to his chest and is waving his arms in front of the power reactor, got it.

Way to take the entire game hostage hero.
Not a problem! I figured it'd only be helpful to have a powerful bargaining chip, and a Plan B in case it doesn't work. All I'm saying is that I needed a way to get everyone to start listening and stop arguing with me about things that are stupid to argue about. If I wanted to kill Caz or everyone else, I'd just do it. Now, you could say that I'm something of a benevolent dictator, but that's not entirely true. Think of me more as a police force. I just have one rule: Don't kill anyone.

What a load of crap.
I see that you are currently in Denial. Possibly Anger for not thinking about what to do with your time last Phase.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2020, 02:02:32 pm »

Why are we fighting? We don't need to be fighting.

It's clear that our win conditions proceed from the flavor and not the other way around. The more we push the boundaries of what Meph allows the more likely we are to find different win conditions.

I agree with webadict that our current win conditions are deceptive and playing to them is silly but I also don't feel strongly enough about it to fight with others about it.

try forming your plans before i buy shiny things.

I'll do better in the next truce phase.

FYI I'm probably going to be begging for money again.

The burns you get are pretty minor. They won't matter much if you're planning on dying anyway.

You guys could try helping each other dismantle a maintenance droid. Together!

What a load of crap.

Considering the amount of stuff I've been getting away with via interaction with Meph I wouldn't rule that out as too implausible.

How many of these fusion power cells are there? I was wondering if it would be doable to steal from the robo merchant but Meph said it would take at least a power bomb to get through and maybe even then it wouldn't work.

Maybe if we grabbed these bigger power bombs we could blow a hole in the station blast open the robot merchant and take all the power bombs and anti tech fields and shields and replicators we wanted.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62