Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63756 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 1 will get people talking
« Reply #390 on: November 27, 2020, 03:42:05 pm »

Not everybody bought Intel so there have to be some of us out there with unclaimed and unused large items.
I'm not sure what I expected by signing up for Bastard Paranormal 3 but the point and click adventure game and barter economy simulator game I'm actually playing was definitely not it. (Not to say I'm not having a blast though.)
Hmmm... I'd rather it wasn't me.
If there was somebody who was willing to pick up the torch on all the repair ship and station hacking stuff I wouldn't mind being the bounty, but I'd prefer running down the non-violent options first.
I'd also prefer it wasn't you. The reason being that I trust you because you also gave up all 100 KOR. I do not trust anyone that did not give up 100 KOR.
If we kill somebody it has to be somebody we know doesn't have a shield. Hence why everybody bought shields because they're playing to win. I'm willing to give some leeway if there's a special way for us to all win, but if "playing to win" happens then I'm also playing to win. In other words, I'll give up 50 KOR since it doesn't matter that much, but selling my large tech isn't happening.

So Webadict, sell your plasma bomb and give your money to Jim. Whether you die or not we'll maximize our KOR that way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 27, 2020, 04:08:29 pm »

If we kill somebody it has to be somebody we know doesn't have a shield. Hence why everybody bought shields because they're playing to win. I'm willing to give some leeway if there's a special way for us to all win, but if "playing to win" happens then I'm also playing to win. In other words, I'll give up 50 KOR since it doesn't matter that much, but selling my large tech isn't happening.

So Webadict, sell your plasma bomb and give your money to Jim. Whether you die or not we'll maximize our KOR that way.
I'm sorry, but why do I need to sell anything of mine? You could give up the shield you got from the store. Why don't you sell your large tech before you ask me to sell mine?

Basically, you can fuck off now. If you want to kill me, go right the fuck ahead. I'll be taking everyone with me if you do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 27, 2020, 05:06:15 pm »

Oooh scary. I can't collect your bounty to give to Jim if I'm dead though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2020, 05:08:01 pm »

Oooh scary. I can't collect your bounty to give to Jim if I'm dead though.
Weird. How come I can sell my Large Tech, but you can't? Did you forget how?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 27, 2020, 05:09:26 pm »

I'll sell my large tech and give the money to Jim if you do it first and Jim confirms it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2020, 05:12:29 pm »

I'll sell my large tech and give the money to Jim if you do it first and Jim confirms it.
but selling my large tech isn't happening.
I don't believe you.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 27, 2020, 05:17:38 pm »

Would you be willing to trust Caz to hand over money if they got a bounty?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 27, 2020, 05:26:54 pm »

Caz, in spite of proclaiming peace, also only sent 50 KOR. That's better than some, but it's still not the best.

Like, the only person I trust with handing over money is Jim Groovester and myself because we're literally the only two that gave over all 100 KOR.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 27, 2020, 05:33:45 pm »

but selling my large tech isn't happening.
I don't believe you.
It would have been funny.

Caz, in spite of proclaiming peace, also only sent 50 KOR. That's better than some, but it's still not the best.
Like, the only person I trust with handing over money is Jim Groovester and myself because we're literally the only two that gave over all 100 KOR.
Webadict, proclaimer of peace:
1. Refuses to sell their extremely lethal and expensive plasma bomb.
2. Won't buy a cheap shield to protect themselves or is lying about what they have for safety.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 27, 2020, 05:51:53 pm »

I wouldn't mind being the sacrificial lamb in this gambit, but unfortunately the person with the bounty on me is juicebox, based on deudctive reasoning and assuming that no-one is lying. Juicebox is literally our least active player so I also trust him the least.

The problem with sacrificial lambs in general though, is that someone who wants to play the game the traditional way can easily kill whoever collected bounty since we all claimed. Meph hasn't exactly made it clear where one's money goes when they die so it could very well go poof. I didn't get any money from Tric when I killed him, even though he had 100 KOR.

Meph, what happens to our money when we die? Can you give me Tric's cash? We could use it right about now.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 27, 2020, 06:11:11 pm »

Technically speaking, I would have given 100 but I bought an item before Jim said anything.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 27, 2020, 06:17:00 pm »

Meph, what happens to our money when we die? Can you give me Tric's cash? We could use it right about now.

Money is held in a bank account, so it's all digital. It's not physical, so you can't loot someone's wallet like that when they die.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 27, 2020, 06:19:14 pm »

Anyone else willing to spot some cash? Can Intel people sell their Intel?

We can still discuss during Hunt Phase and trade I believe so we'll have more time.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 27, 2020, 06:20:59 pm »

I see. Can I write a will then? If money is transferred electronically, it shouldn't be too hard to send it to a designated heir.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 27, 2020, 06:25:14 pm »

I see. Can I write a will then? If money is transferred electronically, it shouldn't be too hard to send it to a designated heir.

You'd have to contact a lawyer for a will. I suppose you could easily give someone else access to your account.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62