Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 101373 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2020, 04:22:07 pm »

Juicebox: I understand my playstyle is weird. But you really have to trust me("he said trust me!, he's scum!). I got some townsread on a few. But, I'm not really good at the whole argument and debating. What I'm really looking forward is catching the scum through mechanics than words. And looking at my roles I'm confidence on catching the Mafia next night.  I just need to find my fellow townies so we can work together.  Right now, I'm extending my trust on Nirur Torir, and ToonyMan. I still have a day action and hopefully out of the three that I trust will make use of my day action. If I'm to die right here.

Really don't know what to say to this other than Why? Given that two actions seem to have gone off already I'm hoping there aren't any more.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #361 on: December 26, 2020, 04:24:41 pm »

Juicebox: I understand my playstyle is weird. But you really have to trust me("he said trust me!, he's scum!). I got some townsread on a few. But, I'm not really good at the whole argument and debating. What I'm really looking forward is catching the scum through mechanics than words. And looking at my roles I'm confidence on catching the Mafia next night.  I just need to find my fellow townies so we can work together.  Right now, I'm extending my trust on Nirur Torir, and ToonyMan. I still have a day action and hopefully out of the three that I trust will make use of my day action. If I'm to die right here.

Really don't know what to say to this other than Why? Given that two actions seem to have gone off already I'm hoping there aren't any more.

I haven't done any action yet and my action is more of a Support action.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 26, 2020, 04:26:12 pm »

You seem pretty strong on Toony, just above this. You feel your vote is better spent on trying to lynch a novice for having a poor town game, who nobody seems to have as a strong suspect, and without making any case or trying to advance a case?
You "don't trust Tric or Dolores," but have no questions for them?
One can scumhunt without placing a vote.
I asked Tric one question. He has yet to answer. He answered the second one I asked him.
Right now, I have no questions I want to ask Dolores, no.
Currently, my vote is on LuckyOwl. I also asked them a question. Given their previous responses to questions, this was if anything optimistic.

Toonyman:

Unvote Dolores.

@NJW2000:
What gives, Toony?
Are you reading the thread? Unless Heydude and IcyTea are bussing each other (which I highly highly doubt on Day 1), they both claim a PM "a couple minutes" from each other:
Unfortunately, though I did get a mafia reaction eventually (which I am proud of), it wasn't through a post but through an anonymous day action, leaving you as the only person to attack me and be read.
Saying once more because it's important: this didn't happen. I received my PM before you made that post, and only a couple minutes after time you said you received it.
In my opinion, this makes it incredibly unlikely they're on the same team.
I won't even bother with the idea that they're on the same scumteam, if you think it's so unlikely. In any case: IcyTea claims the PMs weren't even sent at the same time, rather at least a couple of minutes apart. There's definitely the possibility that heydude was sent his even earlier. Also, even if IcyTea can be considered to have 100% confirmed that heydude was completely truthful about the times, the following logic holds:
There's still fifteen minutes between him getting the PM and posting stuff to the thread, ample time for a quick discussion. Yet you're sure he didn't cautiously check it over with his buddies. Besides, getting targeted is basically non-incriminating, and at least the person who used the ability on HeyDude would know they'd used it, so scum!Heydude wouldn't be very smart to pretend it never happened, would they? It's pretty clear that honesty would be the obvious approach. Yet you're so sure that this is town-ish behaviour.

This suggests one or more of:
       a) you're behind the contracts, and know the timings of when you sent them
       b) you know heydude didn't discuss it with a scumteam because you're scum (an unlikely slip, I'll allow)
       c) you're not actually thinking hard about the event, just posting about it
       d) you are so completely certain that heydude is town that you assumed it would be universally accepted that he gave the town the info immediately
       e) you actually want us to engage with the WIFOM of "scum!Heydude wouldn't immediately give town the information, so heydude is town"

Regardless of the kerfuffle around Heydude's post, all of these possibilities are rather suspect. As is the fact that you're apparently buddying/townreading someone on the basis of a weak "towntell" - or to give you your euphemistic due, "anti-mafia and probably not malicious"-tell.

So Toonyman, why is rapidly sharing information someone else has anyway indicative that the sharer is town?
One wheel short of a wagon

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 26, 2020, 04:33:01 pm »

What makes you trust Toonyman and Nirur Torir?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2020, 04:36:23 pm »

I'm not entirely sure why you'd need me to answer that directly, when it is a bit clear I'm the one deciding on stock. Do you think I don't have a way of getting more Pons? I know which badges there are already, so it makes more sense when bringing those into the equation.

Right now I'd put my scum-reads as Icytea, Vector/Toony, Fallacy. Jim Groovestar too, but more in a Legendary Exterminator kind of way. And Dolores, but their answer fits with what I know of that hat. Nor do I really need it as it's not useful without another to protect me. So I'll extend the benefit of the doubt.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 26, 2020, 04:38:48 pm »

NJW2000: I said it seems scummy to write a wall of text. For there's no real reason to do so. Putting pressure on someone is anti-town especially if you're trying to do it early on. The two votes I got were justified. But that's only because I'm trying to see who will take the bait. Juicebox took the bait and now I suspect him for being scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 26, 2020, 04:40:54 pm »

NJW2000: I said it seems scummy to write a wall of text. For there's no real reason to do so. Putting pressure on someone is anti-town especially if you're trying to do it early on. The two votes I got were justified. But that's only because I'm trying to see who will take the bait. Juicebox took the bait and now I suspect him for being scum.

Your logic is inconsistent Luckyowl.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 26, 2020, 04:41:29 pm »

Putting pressure on someone is anti-town especially if you're trying to do it early on.

???
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 26, 2020, 04:42:52 pm »

Your logic is inconsistent Luckyowl.

My logic is fickle. I sometime change my mind on things.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - We're Just Getting Started
« Reply #369 on: December 26, 2020, 04:47:06 pm »

WUBA
NOTE: If you notice your vote is wrong, let me know. I'm patching Mamobo to work every time one of you decides that someone has to be called by a different name, so if you vote someone by nickname, it won't be caught immediately.
I was voting heydude6.

Nirur, thanks for replacing in. Who is scum?

What's your day 2 look like, and how does it make up for a weak D1?
Expect charts and graphs. Some wagonomics maybe. Or maybe some new analytical technique I've only just invented. I'll see what the results demand!

Who are you most suspicious of between Vector, Jim, Toaster, Leafsnail and Dolores?
Wait Leafsnail is in this game? Probably that guy. Years ago I used to secretly instinctively distrust him but then he changed his avatar and my misgivings dissipated. But he hasn't made any impression on me this game and that's a bad sign.

FoU
I recall from previous games that you do a lot of voting analysis based on past days. Stuff like seeing who a scum player voted for after their death and comparing that to their posts, or reviewing cases made by dead town. How useful do you think that'll be this game?
Given how chaotic role powers are going to be, looking at who voted who is likely to be much more useful information than trying to untangle the night game. Do you disagree?

Dolores
I feel like some of the newer players are playing beneath the standards of their own ability
How exactly?

Vector
NQT, I remember from experience that it takes time for your playstyle to start rolling. However, I'm also curious at this point about your soft reads and opinions on the various bandwagons forming. "Takes time to start rolling" is different from "lurks through D1." (yes I know it is/was Christmas.)
In a bit I'm going to have a proper look at who's voting who for why. I've just read through once and I don't think I have much of a handle on what's going on yet.

IcyTea
notquitethere: Let's follow your own advice: what's the weirdest thing you've seen so far, and what do you think of it?
You've definitely got some kind of shenanigans going on, right?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 26, 2020, 04:47:56 pm »

It makes little sense given how later into the day we are getting. And even then I was pressuring Icytea for info they don't want to give. The longer they do so, the more convinced I am of them being mafia. The only hats left are of use to a team looking to kill us. On someone alone they are of far less use.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 26, 2020, 05:10:11 pm »

Well, if I'm going to die. I'll utilize my role.

TricMagic I just used my day action on you. When I use my action a passive skill is trigger that allows me to choose another player. I chose IcyTea31.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 26, 2020, 05:18:44 pm »

I said it seems scummy to write a wall of text. For there's no real reason to do so. Putting pressure on someone is anti-town especially if you're trying to do it early on.

These statements, especially the second one, are so wrong on so many levels. I just... I don't even know how to respond to this

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 26, 2020, 05:22:35 pm »

All Player's Current Cases and Their Reasons

FallacyofUrist - 4maskwolf (low content voting), heydude6 (random vote?),

IcyTea31 - Jim Groovester (random vote with more reasons added later), Toaster ('scum slip')

Luckyowl - Nirur Torir (hasn't answered questions yet), NJW200 (for buddying IcyTea hard), Juicebox (bizarre playstyle), TricMagic (inconsistent logic - 4th vote on the wagon!)

Toaster - IcyTea31 (not having a town mindset), FallacyofUrist (random vote),

ToonyMan - dolores (disengaged style)

TricMagic - Leafsnail (posting from a scum mindset), ToonyMan and Vector (for persuing a 3rd party wincon)

Juicebox - Luckyowl (writing a wall of text is scummy?)

Nirur - notquitethere (low pressure pressure vote)

===

Quick Summary of How Bullshit These Cases Are In order of Most to Least

1 - Cases Of Dubious Substance

LuckyOwl, Leafsnail, Toaster, Jim Groovester, IcyTea31

2 - Low Effort Pressure & Random Voters Who Still Need To Form A Case

NQT, Heydude6, Nirur Torir, FallacyofUrist

3 - Cases That Don't Actually Hunt Mafia

Toonyman, Vector (third party hunting isn't necessarily bad but it is something that's very easy for scum to do productively while seeming active)

4- Cases Which Might Go Somewhere

NJW200, Juicebox, IcyTea, 4maskwolf, TricMagic, dolores

So right now I'm thinking, lynch out of #1 pile, and expand the pile to include any of #2 that don't come up with anything good. Review #3 on later days, and reassess #4 as and when new developments arise.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 26, 2020, 05:23:12 pm »

Luckyowl
Well, if I'm going to die. I'll utilize my role.

TricMagic I just used my day action on you. When I use my action a passive skill is trigger that allows me to choose another player. I chose IcyTea31.
What does your ability do?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 122