Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 73665 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2021, 05:46:12 pm »

@Webadict:
@4mask: No, a Survivor doesn't counterclaim because they get Thunderdomed, and then it's "essentially" a 50:50 to lose, not even win. It's a shit-tier play, and it's better to lay low until later.
What do you think the odds are that 4mask is telling the truth?
4mask is definitely a survivor, and if they're not, they put a timer on themselves. But, I suppose I'm wasting effort on arguing with them because their wincon is to sitback and do nothing anyway, and I'm clearly not paying enough attention.

@4maskwolf:
Why do you keep saying the mafia are wolves? I don't think this is confirmed anywhere.
The default on MU is "wolves" rather than "scum" and I've kinda picked it up since I've played a bunch of games there recently.

^ I'm willing to confirm this part. I'm pretty sure 4mask just means scum.
Samesies

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2021, 05:47:28 pm »

@Webadict:
@4mask: No, a Survivor doesn't counterclaim because they get Thunderdomed, and then it's "essentially" a 50:50 to lose, not even win. It's a shit-tier play, and it's better to lay low until later.
What do you think the odds are that 4mask is telling the truth?
4mask is definitely a survivor, and if they're not, they put a timer on themselves. But, I suppose I'm wasting effort on arguing with them because their wincon is to sitback and do nothing anyway, and I'm clearly not paying enough attention.

@4maskwolf:
Why do you keep saying the mafia are wolves? I don't think this is confirmed anywhere.
The default on MU is "wolves" rather than "scum" and I've kinda picked it up since I've played a bunch of games there recently.

^ I'm willing to confirm this part. I'm pretty sure 4mask just means scum.
Samesies
-grumble-
I'm trying to scumhunt and townhunt, y'know. The fact that I'm a survivor doesn't actually mean I'm faking it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2021, 08:54:32 pm »

Alright, it's reads time:

Townlean
BluarianKnight: I'll be completely honest in saying I've been watching them in Vengeful, but I'm very much a fan of this Blue Knight. I think they're a solid Townlean in spite of ToonyMan and 4maskwolf because they're defo Town.
TricMagic: Townlean. Feels like they're doing some weird ploy. Idk, not gonna think about it. But I genuinely believe that this is a Town!Tric, and hopefully I'm getting better at reading them. Definitely feel better than I did during CYOMafia, that's for sure.
IcyTea31: Generally insightful and active. 4mask hates their questions, and I agree, but I'd still rather have something than nothing. Still, reminds me of BYOR 15 Icy, and so I'll keep them up here. Feels kinda eh-y, but... I dunno, call it intuition.

Null
ToonyMan: Starting off in true Toony spirit with a Townlean, but whatcha gonna do? I guess I'll just get fleeced by ToonyMan again. Actually, as I'm reading through this, I'm gonna move them down to null. I am mostly doing this to spite 4maskwolf, and also because I don't believe that ToonyMan actually earned a space up in the Townlean section. If 4maskwolf hadn't said anything, I'd actually have them higher. Overall, I do like their play, and I'm expecting a lot more in short order, as they usually do.
Toaster: Ehhh... Could go either way on this one. Haven't really seen enough of them, but the parts I did see sorta rang towards town. I'll keep them here for good measure. Not really a fan of their work so far.
Luckyowl: Hasn't
Secretdorf: Posted
Jim Groovester: Yet

Scumlean
juicebox: Wtf, where did juicebox come from? I have seen nothing from them, and that truly makes them scummy. I will always eliminate them if they have the least number of posts.
notquitethere: Here's my problem with this read. I actually don't fully trust it, because usually scum!NQT is more townie to me. But, gut lean towards scum because they haven't been super active. But, that's like the opposite of how I usually feel, so maybe I'm biased on this one... Eh.
Vector: Scumread. Even less a fan of their posting than I usually am, but their attack on 4maskwolf felt manufactured, and their quick jumps back to Jim Groovester was... Really, really weird. I think the frustration is real, but I don't believe that the attack is, and even factoring in the fact that 4mask said TolyK, I simply don't believe it at the moment. After re-reading, I'm still not convinced that they know what's they're trying to hammer in on, and I'm poking their buttons here like I usually do.

Third Party
4maskwolf: Is it worth it to engage with them? No.

I'll ask a smarter question, then. If you had a daykill you could only use today, who'd you use it on, as town?
Oops, missed this question: 4maskwolf, because they're a liability.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2021, 09:18:16 pm »

Luckyowl, you better be mafia this time.

4maskwolf is mafia, probably.

Tricmagic is mafia, too, probably. Because I don't see how claiming VT will help us. At least, mafia would have killed you instead of a PR. And you say we should waste a track on you?

Webadict is mafia, too, probably.

Toonyman is mafia, too, probably.

Toaster is town, probably.

Icytea is mafia, too, probably.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2021, 09:21:05 pm »

Secretdorf isn't town, probably. Wanting to get rid of the MYLO owl before we reach that point?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2021, 09:23:31 pm »

ToonyMan: Starting off in true Toony spirit with a Townlean, but whatcha gonna do? I guess I'll just get fleeced by ToonyMan again.
Don't worry I fully expect to be the N1 convert if it exists, just a warning.

Unvote Toaster because they probably aren't scum yet.

I'm scumreading NQT, BlueKnight, and Vector right now.

NQT feels like MVM2 mafia!NQT to me right now with their first post. I expect better from them, we'll see.
I think BK and Vector are scummy based of their responses with me and 4mask.

I would like to see Luckyowl, Secretdorf, and Jim post.

PPE:
Well there's Secret.

Wow your reads are bad Secret. 5 mafia? Including the claimed survivor?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2021, 09:57:43 pm »

Webadict, you really need to up your scum game.

Where's the vitriol? Where's the uncertainty? The verve? "Even less a fan of my posting than you usually are?" Bullshit. You know you've never said that, and you know that you usually don't need to manufacture a scum read on me to come poke my buttons. Scumadict lacks the playfulness and sharpness of town webadict.

Also, proud of you for practicing pocketing on the noob. Better luck next time, nerd.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2021, 10:06:52 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: IcyTea31, notquitethere
IcyTea31: TricMagic
Luckyowl: Secretdorf
notquitethere: ToonyMan
TricMagic: 4maskwolf, Toaster
Vector: webadict
webadict: Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2021, 11:32:34 pm »

A shorter post - I'll probably post a larger post once I'm up, but I'll put my first impressions out before napping, since most folks are.

TOWN
TricMagic - Town. I've seen his townplay, and I've read his townplay. I got the feeling he's just on a bold streak - or maybe just super off-kilter, but I think he's town-lean.
Vector - While I've never played with her, I've seen/read enough to get the feeling, at least for now, that they're townlean. Might changge my vote at a later date.

UNSURE
Toony - Can't get a bead on at the moment.
Secrefdorf - No good read either, but I'm watching close!

SCUM:
IcyTea31 - His first questions had plenty that were, at least to me, too pointed and aggressive for scumhunting. Scumleaning.
Webadict - While I feel Vector is playing to what I've seen them do as Towny, Web gives me the opposite vibes - something's off - the buddying thing is sort of similar, but now I feel that's purposeful. I dunno, might change my mind once I do a second re-read. I do like the compliment though!

NOT WORTH MY TIME:
4mask: A giant ball of WIFOM that I don't think is worth my time trying to decipher at this point. I won't scumhunt him, mostly as I've seen how that derails. Going to put my vote down on this when we get more info.

I'll get around to my feelings on everyone later, but for now, I'll toss my hat on IcyTea31.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2021, 11:38:19 pm »

Webadict, you really need to up your scum game.

Where's the vitriol? Where's the uncertainty? The verve? "Even less a fan of my posting than you usually are?" Bullshit. You know you've never said that, and you know that you usually don't need to manufacture a scum read on me to come poke my buttons. Scumadict lacks the playfulness and sharpness of town webadict.

Also, proud of you for practicing pocketing on the noob. Better luck next time, nerd.
Oh dear heavens me. Take mine wrists, cuff them, and do lead me to the local constabulary for I hath virtued.

No, wait, I can do better. Hold on, let me clear my throat.

Vector, you always move me in the right direction. You are a joy to be around, a ray of sunshine. Your intellect is boundless, unwavering, and whenever you correct me, I enjoy it as a new opportunity to learn things, to change the trajectory of my life. :D This is a smiley face, and it is for you because I can hardly hold back a grin when I think of things that confuse you, to send you down a new track, for the sheer fact that the tables had been turned. A clash without a route. A battle without blood. I would give you a hug, but I feel that would, of course, potentially be inappropriate, as well as an unwanted invasion of personal space but know that today is a day of sheer youthful ambition, and that should these affectations truly hit your heart (as I do so aim for them to), know that I come bearing happiness of a magnitude without limit.

Forsooth, there is no vitriol laden within these words. Ersatz they may be, but cruel? Nay. There'd be no point.

Luckyowl, you better be mafia this time.

4maskwolf is mafia, probably.

Tricmagic is mafia, too, probably. Because I don't see how claiming VT will help us. At least, mafia would have killed you instead of a PR. And you say we should waste a track on you?

Webadict is mafia, too, probably.

Toonyman is mafia, too, probably.

Toaster is town, probably.

Icytea is mafia, too, probably.
Alright, put Secretdorf in the scumlean for that one.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2021, 11:39:58 pm »

I am present and also town.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2021, 11:43:46 pm »

Curiosity question, Bluarian: What's your previous mafia experience, excluding ongoing games? I haven't played with you before.

4mask, I'm memeing because I don't have access to a personal computer right now and can't properly type a big post. I genuinely don't understand your actions beyond fulfilling your hope of being dead before March 8th. Why? I don't believe you'd act like this as mafia.
With regard to what, specifically? The memes? Meh, mostly because I want to, and because the things I meme-respond to generally aren't worthy of a response. My response to Vector? I don't think they're doing it intentionally, but Vector has managed to take the worst aspects of the way MU treats me and applied it here, so I'm a little ticked atm.

In this format exactly? Not much. I'm new - albeit my experience in Mafia in other formats isn't completely lacking, and I'm decent at social deduction.

My only other B12 Mafia is Vengeful Mafia 14 - which should be finishing up in a day or two.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2021, 11:51:36 pm »

Okay, great.

Got anything else? I'll be nice and wait for your teammates to tell you what to do.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2021, 11:55:11 pm »

Okay, great.

Got anything else? I'll be nice and wait for your teammates to tell you what to do.

did your scum team told you to say that? or are you going rogue?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2021, 11:57:07 pm »

Yes, I will eventually post.

I've got an important meeting tomorrow I probably need to spend more time preparing for so I'm not going to play super serious today but I'll answer questions and poke at some stuff.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 115