Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43975 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2021, 04:00:54 pm »

Bard. The Bardiest Bard to ever Bard. I picked Random, so guess that is for balance reasons. Or just actually random.

Web, why scumlean me so early? Are you looking to stay in the shadows?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2021, 04:14:49 pm »

I'll claim on D3, which, yes, hopefully I'll survive to. Not holding my breath though. I spun the wheel on it and didn't get Bard so there's that.

For those following along at home, I picked Paladin when I played this game last: as a serial killer it was a no-brainer. I'm undecided whether it's a scummy pick per se. Having an inspect scroll as town is a potential game changer. Bit less neat if you get NK'd N1 for claiming paladin (but I'm sure Web knows what he's doing, I can think of at least three possibilities: less said the better).

BluarianKnight is it acceptable for town to pick Thief?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2021, 04:15:20 pm »

I'm a Merchant.  I say this so that players that inspect me as Town know I'm Town.  Plus, my overall behavior should confirm that I'm merchanty.

Bard. The Bardiest Bard to ever Bard. I picked Random, so guess that is for balance reasons. Or just actually random.

You should have been a merchant.  You're a real star over at Risky Ventures.  If I sheep you, will you borrow money from me?  ;D
But seriously, want to tell us your two items?  It's the only way to prove you're a bard.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 04:17:23 pm »

FallacyofUrist: What class did you pick, and why?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 04:41:00 pm »

Toonyman: Did you pick Priest?

Everyone else: Get the joke?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2021, 04:49:57 pm »

notquitethere How do I play this game?  Seriously, I have no idea, and the intro text is...unhelpful.

Jim Groovester: Do you think Web and Toonyman will figure out the format in such a way as to win by the end of the first day?

Webadict: What is your thoughts on every Town player that gets a Kill item basically going full-vigilante and killing as much as possible?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 05:01:22 pm »

I'm a Merchant.  I say this so that players that inspect me as Town know I'm Town.  Plus, my overall behavior should confirm that I'm merchanty.

You should have been a merchant.  You're a real star over at Risky Ventures.  If I sheep you, will you borrow money from me?  ;D
But seriously, want to tell us your two items?  It's the only way to prove you're a bard.

I'll tell you tomorrow~

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2021, 05:24:51 pm »

Because you feel scummy, of course.

Webadict: What is your thoughts on every Town player that gets a Kill item basically going full-vigilante and killing as much as possible?
I'd do it. I'd shoot everyone. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else because you guys would shoot me first.

You... are townlean. Ish. Maybe null. Tough call.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2021, 06:13:17 pm »

Archeologist. I liked the idea of having a higher chance to find Artifacts.

I'm sorry, but how does claiming what his items are prove he's a bard? This feels fishy. As in itemfishing-y. If you have reasoning, I'd love to hear it. Furthermore, how does proving he's a bard point to whether he's town or mafia?

Wait, web, why do you always make reads so early?

Oh, and I'll take this time to say I'm a Paladin, so inspects are useless on me.

Anyone else that'd like to claim so now, please do so.
Paladin is an interesting double-edged sword. A free inspection scroll, but in return, inspects are useless on you. I'd say it's most powerful when only one or two people pick it, and less powerful when there's many people picking it. Would anyone else care to claim Paladin as well? We need to get that set out as a baseline before anyone with inspection starts to use it.

Personally, I don't even think picking Paladin is indicative of alignment. There's reasons for both town and mafia to pick it, and reasons for both town and mafia to not pick it. I'll prefer to focus on behavior.

Fallacy, should we no-lynch today?
Unless you know something I don't, no. Not in the slightest. Even with the Roguelike Mafia stuff, I don't think that's a good idea. Lynching, execution, whatever you prefer to call it - it's still the town's greatest source of information. Who's taken down, and how, in hindsight, people interacted with regards to the fallen.

If there were no viable candidates by day end, I'd be willing to consider it, but something makes me doubt that will happen.

Why would you ask this?

BluearianKnight, Vector isn't in the game yet so are you scum? If Vector replaces into the game will you become scum?
... what even is this question, buddy. Seriously, I'd like an explanation.

webadict, because reasons.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2021, 06:14:51 pm »

ToonyMan
@prefuzek:
Have we played before? What do you plan on doing?
I can't remember. I went back and looked a bit and couldn't find any games we both played. I plan on having fun and hunting scum, and I'm all out of fun.

(also your avatar is going to confuse me greatly since it's similar to someone else's on MU)
I noticed that (I was following along with that game a bit). I have no relation to itslevi.

FallacyofUrist: Rereading my last game, apparently I misread you as scum. How should I avoid doing that in this game?

Notquitethere: How do you tell the difference between scum and bad town?

TricMagic:
Why claim this now? Seems to me that Webadict was just asking for Paladin claims.

Pretty jumpy there, aren't you? How would this help Web stay in the shadows?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2021, 06:18:11 pm »

Euchrejack
Super blatant rolefishing here. If you're town, why is this helpful for you to know right now?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2021, 06:43:50 pm »

No. And just to be clear, I'm not a Paladin either. I was joking earlier with Web.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2021, 07:09:57 pm »

Class occupies an interesting middle ground in terms of fishing or asking about it. It's more like a baseline, as opposed to what you do. Is scum knowing I'm an Archeologist not worth the benefit of town knowing I'm an Archeologist?

FallacyofUrist: Rereading my last game, apparently I misread you as scum. How should I avoid doing that in this game?
Look at what I do, and only secondarily what I say. Action is key. Read over the previous games I've been in, if you like. Learn my tells. If I have any, I don't know what they are, though.

webadict: Who would you shoot with a 1-Shot day kill, if you had to shoot at this very moment? (Or choose yourself) And why?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2021, 08:27:28 pm »

Wait, web, why do you always make reads so early?

Oh, and I'll take this time to say I'm a Paladin, so inspects are useless on me.

Anyone else that'd like to claim so now, please do so.
Paladin is an interesting double-edged sword. A free inspection scroll, but in return, inspects are useless on you. I'd say it's most powerful when only one or two people pick it, and less powerful when there's many people picking it. Would anyone else care to claim Paladin as well? We need to get that set out as a baseline before anyone with inspection starts to use it.

Personally, I don't even think picking Paladin is indicative of alignment. There's reasons for both town and mafia to pick it, and reasons for both town and mafia to not pick it. I'll prefer to focus on behavior.

webadict, because reasons.
1. So that record of my mental state and reads are available to judge me on thoroughly. It's also helpful to me because my time is limited, so knowing what I felt earlier can be a good way to remember why I felt like that.

2. I claimed specifically because it puts me under scrutiny if I don't. If someone found out later I am a Paladin and I didn't claim as such, it'd be hella scummy. Paladins are the only class that needs to claim ASAP because of information imbalance. Additionally, claiming early as a Paladin is inherently a pro-Town move.

3. Rude.

4. Townlean.

Pretty jumpy there, aren't you? How would this help Web stay in the shadows?
You get a scumlean for this. Well, at least until I thought about it a bit... I misinterpeted at first, but I don't like how you notice my presence but don't directly address me, and pseudodefend me. Very pockety. But, also pressurey, but on TricMagic... Double-edged sword. Slight scumlean.

No. And just to be clear, I'm not a Paladin either. I was joking earlier with Web.
Scumpoints for going back on your word.

webadict: Who would you shoot with a 1-Shot day kill, if you had to shoot at this very moment? (Or choose yourself) And why?
Mmmmmmmmmm... prefuzek. Scumdar is pinging on them. I likely won'tget the evidence to string 'em, so that's why I'd shoot. I'd then shoot TricMagic, notquitethere, and then... Idk, BK? They haven't talked yet, but they are super sneaky scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2021, 08:44:26 pm »

Euchrejack
Super blatant rolefishing here. If you're town, why is this helpful for you to know right now?

Archeologist. I liked the idea of having a higher chance to find Artifacts.

I'm sorry, but how does claiming what his items are prove he's a bard? This feels fishy. As in itemfishing-y. If you have reasoning, I'd love to hear it. Furthermore, how does proving he's a bard point to whether he's town or mafia?

So, to explain my thought process, players saying what role they have now helps prevent Mafia Paladins from pretending to be another class.  Mafia Paladins want to claim something else that is semi-believable, knowing they'll inspect as Town.  By forcing players to claim NOW, we can view player behavior in the future to determine if they are in fact their claimed class, or actually Paladins.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51