Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43963 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2021, 07:03:31 am »

PFP

I think Jim and NQT are probably town too.

Let's go with TricMagic. Jim is never wrong.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2021, 07:10:22 am »

If there end up being a lot of Paladin claims it might be worth verifying that a couple of them actually inspect town like they're supposed to. I think we've heard from everybody and only have one paladin claim, however.
Yeah I think we're good on that front. The only claimed Paladin is Webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2021, 07:22:13 am »

Oh goody, another game in which I'm pocketed by Web.  ::)
It worked out well the last two times when you were Town, would be catastrophic if you are Scum/Mafia.  I'm reasonably sure the only reason you are pretending that I'm anything but 100% Town is to both hide the pocketing and push me further into your pocket.  In a few posts you'll be like, "Oh, EuchreJack is totally Town, like 100%"
At first I was gonna say you're wrong, but I changed my mind, EuchreJack is totally 100% Town.

@Jim: LOL. Okay Jim is Town.

@NQT: Dislike your pushes. ToonyMan is semi-legit, but FoSing FoU is FoBad. Very, very pockety behavior coming from NQT, who believes I am Town almost in spite of myself. Almost like they don't want to be inspected.

See the Paladin claim is a gambit that scum can easily pull. In fact, I was expecting at least one. But maybe the scum didn't want to put a target on themselves. I am willing to bet that scum probably did pick (at least one) Paladin and have now hid that fact, but I also don't necessarily believe more than 1 did.

I definitely see scum equity in NQT.

@ToonyMan: I only agree on Jim, but I think you slide more into scumlean territory each post. No like. Divesting from Toony LLC. ASAP.

PPE: Technically yes, but why do you necessarily even believe me? Why does anyone believe me?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2021, 07:38:16 am »

See the Paladin claim is a gambit that scum can easily pull. In fact, I was expecting at least one. But maybe the scum didn't want to put a target on themselves. I am willing to bet that scum probably did pick (at least one) Paladin and have now hid that fact, but I also don't necessarily believe more than 1 did.

My theory is that Scum would pick one Paladin and one other roll (and one other roll if there are more than two), unless they were unable to consult prior to picking classes.
I mean, why put two Godfathers on a team, when they could have a Godfather and a Bulletproof/Strongman/Doctor/whatever?

PPE: Technically yes, but why do you necessarily even believe me? Why does anyone believe me?

I don't.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE ELSE: Respond to Web's question please!

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2021, 08:27:52 am »

I'm not a Paladin.

I agree that EuchreJack and FoU are town. This post seems good. On first read I thought NQT's latest post was good but rereading it I can't figure out why.

webadict:
Mmmmmmmmmm... prefuzek. Scumdar is pinging on them. I likely won'tget the evidence to string 'em, so that's why I'd shoot. I'd then shoot TricMagic, notquitethere, and then... Idk, BK? They haven't talked yet, but they are super sneaky scum.
Why the bolded part? I don't think you've seen me play; you have no idea how I'd stand up to pressure. Not going to bother?

I dislike how a lot of people are putting the stronger scum players on the town side of their readslist.

webadict,, Jim, Toonyman: When's the last time you were lynched D1?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2021, 08:31:21 am »

Toaster: are there hammers?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2021, 08:43:14 am »

webadict:
Mmmmmmmmmm... prefuzek. Scumdar is pinging on them. I likely won'tget the evidence to string 'em, so that's why I'd shoot. I'd then shoot TricMagic, notquitethere, and then... Idk, BK? They haven't talked yet, but they are super sneaky scum.
Why the bolded part? I don't think you've seen me play; you have no idea how I'd stand up to pressure. Not going to bother?
Hmm... Nah, it's not about not bothering. It's exactly as you say, though. I don't know you enough to have evidence for my gutread. So, my instincts tell me that I could point out what's scummy about you and that will be fine for Tomorrow, but unlikely to get you Today. Which is honestly fine with me, because sometimes that's just how it is.

I dislike how a lot of people are putting the stronger scum players on the town side of their readslist.

webadict,, Jim, Toonyman: When's the last time you were lynched D1?
... I have only ever been launched D1 twice (that I remember and counting only big games and not Vengeful Mafia 12.5/smaller games), and that was when I no-scoped ToonyMan with an Assassin Bot in Paranormal before they even had a chance to post, which was funny but Town lost real hard because of that; and in Bay12 Mafia Mafia, where I was hammered by Alexhans so that I could be revived and confirmed and then slowly cause the Town to lose while playing Spreadsheet Mafia.

Overall, my being elimmed before D3 typically loses my side the game (though the data shows this is true for any alignment I'm apart of, so I can't argue it's always beneficial for Town) and the contra-positive is also true, so I'm usually against it. #wubaforprez #protectwuba

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2021, 08:47:02 am »

@Webadict:
Too bad. If there's a mafia lying about being a Paladin the only person it could be now is you.

@prefuzek:
I got lynched D1 in BYOR15 and it was awful.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2021, 08:52:31 am »

@NQT:
Why did you give a full player list of reads already?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2021, 08:53:52 am »

@Webadict:
Too bad. If there's a mafia lying about being a Paladin the only person it could be now is you.
Oooohhhh, clever, I like that little turnaround you did on that wordplay.

Alright, I'm willing to Townread NQT for now, then. I got you. I see what you're laying down. I'm reading the signals. I'm in on the know. I'm picking up what you're putting down. I'm understanding the hidden depths of your secret knowledge.

Who else is Town?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2021, 09:05:54 am »

What?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2021, 09:10:56 am »

Toaster: are there hammers?

No, though I do allow votes to Shorten (with 60% needed to pass it.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51