Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43917 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2021, 08:19:09 am »

Blu, are you really scumleaning Euchre? Man, that's harsh. That feels retaliatory. If you seriously think EuchreJack is scum, you're thinking about it completely wrong. Jack isn't a viable launch candidate Today anyway.

I'm putting him on the block - I think I did put him too harshly, should've rewrote it - I think he's scumlean - I don't think he's scum too hard, as I've other candidates, but.. I dunno, something rubs me off the wrong way to give him a clean cut.

He's FoS at worst - not someone I'm gonna bark up the tree.
Mmmm...

You know what, your intuition tends to be pretty good. I think if I were a Priest, I'd use my protect on BluarianKnight. Probably could make a case for EJ, and doesn't seem hostile about it.

TricMagic.

Like I said initially, there's no way I'm getting a prefuzek elim Today. But that's okay because we'll be able to vote them out solely based on my word Tomorrow.

I actually do think ToonyMan is probably town now, and I'm willing to null out EJ literally based entirely on BK's word. I think my rainbow becomes

TricMagic
prefuzek
EuchreJack
notquitethere
Jim Groovester
ToonyMan
BluarianKnight

... Who's the 9th player?!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2021, 08:19:51 am »

Oh, it's FoU...

Eh, put 'em below EJ for being null.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2021, 08:40:08 am »

I got back late from hanging out with my brother so instead of completing my post I'm going to go to bed.

@Jim: Quick update - You're confirmed Town, and I'm waiting for you to determine whether Tric is Town or Scum.  He's hurting my head. 
Yes, I am offloading the work of reading Tric's post to you.  Sorry.  But its not like I haven't done any work today...

Why do you need me to decide your opinion about TricMagic? Can't you form an opinion on your own?

How did I become a confirmed town?

Aren't you giving away too much autonomy over how you think?

I'm really bothered by this sheeping but it's so blatant and unashamed and unafraid it could only be done by somebody who both didn't know what they were doing and was town.

Fuck if you were actually scum I'd expect you to ask the town who the scum team should night kill.

Strategy: I do not in fact have enough knowledge of Tric's meta to make the clear Town-Scum decision that is so blatantly obvious to everyone else.  I must therefore rely upon another player to determine this for me.  Jim is the only person that I have read as Pure Town, and therefore is the only one I trust to make this determination.  Anyone else could be mafia that would potentially lie to me.

As for Jim being confirmed town, I trust in my ability to read Jim as Town.  Scum Jim is smart enough to either confirm Tric as Town if Tric is Town to build town cred, or bus Tric as Scum to build Town cred if Tric is Scum.  Scum Jim is a survivor.  The refusal to answer, which for other players might be a hint they might be scum trying to save their scumbuddy, is actually a Town tell for Jim.

Strategy Part 2: Keeping vote on Blue because there are 2 votes on Blue, and I'd like to see who puts the 3rd vote on Blue.  A relatively arcane and inaccurate theory is that the 3rd voter is usually Scum.  That is crazy right? But look at how in the past the voting has stalled at 2 votes.  I really need to see where the voting is now in order to determine the accuracy of the prior statement. 

Strategy Part 3: Prefuzek is still possible scum, and has not been asked the obvious question.  Recall, prior strategy is to keep Web and Prefuzek engaged in order to obtain information.  Additional strategy is to test Prefuzek's commitment to being Town rather that commitment to "looking Town". I should probably ask it now. Since Web and Prefuzek could be scum choreographing their entire argument in the scum chat, and Web HASN'T asked this question, Web needs to answer the question of why not asking this. Now it is time to ask prefuzek the question:

@prefuzek: Why are you still voting Blue if you have a "less solid case"?  Please post your reads immediately.  Who is more likely scum, Web or Blue?

@Web: Why are you not calling out Prefuzek for continuing to vote Blue, when it seems they think you are the more likely scum? I'm sure you could be making this argument better than I am!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2021, 08:45:57 am »

I feel like I'm in a Martial Arts movie, or Teen Titans, where I have to announce my every attack either immediately before, during, or after the attack.

Crane Kick!  Crane Kick! Crane Kick!  I'm going be Crane Kicking you now!  You have been Crane Kicked!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2021, 09:01:58 am »

Strategy: Asking for reads and not giving reads is impolite, does NOT help Town, and might be scummy (but probably just lazy, since scum should know better)

Note: From here on out, this is cut & paste from Excel, so it will look a bit more mechanical.  Sorry folks   
From Most Town to Most Scum   
EuchreJack   Anyone who does not think they're the most absolute Town is CRAZY
Jim Groovester   Commander Jim with his mighty dunce cap.  If you read Jim's posting in this way, he's town
webadict   Mr. Myagi to my skinny white ass, whooping me hard into shape.  Big bulleye with the Paladin claim too.
BluarianKnight   Finally hunting Scum.  Meta is that Blue does in fact take time to start up, irregardless of alignment Promote to Null
notquitethere   We can't kill him yet even if we wanted to, because "might" be helpful
FallacyofUrist   Kindness does not mean townie, but not seeing any red flags of scummy. REALLY needs additional analysis
ToonyMan   Find any good scum yet, ToonyMan?  No?  Then here you are. I do in fact believe ToonyMan's claim of exhaustion. At least post reads!
TricMagic   Awaiting Confirmation from Jim, but Blue thinks is Scum.  Blue knows Scum Tric, so if Blue is Town, Tric is scum
prefuzek   Looks very much like pushing Blue to look Town rather than being Town

Strategy: Now that I've indicated that Blue is Null, I should not risk a vote where Blue gets lynched.  This is a scummy thing to do.  My rather lackluster strategy of looking for the 3rd vote must give way to both preserving my own Town cred and keeping a Null-Town player from getting lynched.

UNVOTE

I need to review the voting logs before casting a vote.  My apologies if this looks like I'm trying to avoid being the 3rd vote, in fact I'd be happy to be the 3rd vote on prefuzek.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2021, 09:02:51 am »

Vote count, if possible to automate.  Otherwise I'll just figure it out myself.  Would help greatly to have an official one at this point.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2021, 09:37:20 am »

EuchreJack:
@prefuzek: Why are you still voting Blue if you have a "less solid case"?  Please post your reads immediately.  Who is more likely scum, Web or Blue?

@Web: Why are you not calling out Prefuzek for continuing to vote Blue, when it seems they think you are the more likely scum? I'm sure you could be making this argument better than I am!

I've explained this. My reads list hasn't really changed since the only people who've posted substance since then are you, BluarianKnight, webadict, and myself. I'm really waiting on something from Jim, NQT, and Toony.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2021, 10:02:24 am »

A BluarianKnight/webadict scumteam does make sense at this point. BK's been really pockety of web recently, and has read me as scum for this

He's been playing off Euchrejack for a while, I'd believe a Tric/Prefuzek scumteam. As well, he's been hyper-focusing on some players, and calling some folks out while ignoring other players entirely.

when webadict has been doing both those things just as much as I have. Also, BK has never addressed a question to web. Their first real interaction is this, which I could easily interpret as the more experienced scum trying to get some in-thread interaction with their partner.

Webadict right now is using a "Refuge in Webadictiness" strategy. Imagine a new player coming in, doing the things web's done, and not getting lynched D1.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2021, 10:11:46 am »

@prefuzek: Please post your reads immediately.

Webadict right now is using a "Refuge in Webadictiness" strategy. Imagine a new player coming in, doing the things web's done, and not getting lynched D1.

I feel like I'd better say something here.  Good point, please keep digging.  Explain more please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2021, 10:22:46 am »

0Vote Count:

EuchreJack:
notquitethere: TricMagic, FallacyofUrist
TricMagic: Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, webadict
prefuzek:
BluarianKnight: prefuzek
webadict:
FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan: notquitethere

Not Voting: BluarianKnight, EuchreJack

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/1 at 10 PM EST.

Vote count, if possible to automate.  Otherwise I'll just figure it out myself.  Would help greatly to have an official one at this point.

Web has Mamobo, which I'm okay if he wants to run here.  Otherwise I do them by hand periodically or when requested.  I'm more likely to see a bolded request.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2021, 10:51:41 am »

First blue, thank you for the compliment. Given I have no one actually tutoring me. (Not that I actually need tutoring.)

@Tric:
Why did you pick Random?

Looking though the list of classes I asked myself what would be good for town? Mage lets scrolls be used an extra time, but that was chance-based, and I'd need a scroll in the first place. Paladin would let me inspect, but I discarded that immediately since the pregame post of everyone picking paladins made no sense, and it would put suspicion on me as a godfather type. Transmuter is a good long-term role, but it's not one that is viable since you could get killed or lynched. Thief for me was the option I was looking at, but the issue became 'what if I stole a town player's item.' Pretty high chance of that. Then I looked at bard, but figgured the random option would make most sense. It could either be random, or be picked for balancing reasons. If the second occurred, that info would be quite useful, and prevent other players from false-claiming bard.(This last bit is a thought I had in the game proper, not before it. Still counts as a good thing though.)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2021, 11:07:35 am »

Why did you assume that my scumread on you and my scumread on webadict were linked?

I didn't. I wanted to know why him and I were your two top suspects - not that I suspected we were linked, that question was for Euchre, who was pushing that weirdly hard.

Honestly, the more you post, the more I suspect you're scum. Your suspicion on me seems to be built upon me thinking Tric is mafia - Why? Three people are already voting him, and he's the most likely to be voted out today.

Maybe you don't want that - actually, maybe that's the worst possibility for you.

You don't want your scum partner gone, do you?

You've been rather shady yourself - You've posted a read-list without any justification, (and have yet to justify), you've buddied to Euchre - complained that it's not fair because Toony did it to, and nobody called him out, so why am I being called out?

Good point - Why wasn't he called out? Why haven't you called him out?

Just because someone else does something stupid doesn't mean it's alright for you to.

Give me a proper read-list. It feels like you've picked two targets and you're ignoring everyone else, which is poor town-game this early on.

A BluarianKnight/webadict scumteam does make sense at this point. BK's been really pockety of web recently, and has read me as scum for this

He's been playing off Euchrejack for a while, I'd believe a Tric/Prefuzek scumteam. As well, he's been hyper-focusing on some players, and calling some folks out while ignoring other players entirely.

when webadict has been doing both those things just as much as I have. Also, BK has never addressed a question to web. Their first real interaction is this, which I could easily interpret as the more experienced scum trying to get some in-thread interaction with their partner.

I haven't asked questions to half of the player-list yet. Does that make me scum-buddies with all of them?

No, it's just that I'm poking down different trees at the moment.

Another point - you and Euchre are the only players so far pushing a scum!web this early. The newest players. The thing is, Web has done this shit in the past as town. It's hard to read him traditionally, and I've fallen victim to thinking he's scum when he's doing a bullshit town play. (Reference Election, where town!Web wins because I (a scum player uninformed) thought he was my scum ally.)

He's just.. different - and while I think Euchre is just new to the community, and is just struggling to adjust his reads to a weird playstyle, I think you're trying to push it as scum. If you want to prove to me that Web's scum - well, you need more then 'only scum would do this' as most of the other people playing right now, no, Web would totally do that as town.

First blue, thank you for the compliment. Given I have no one actually tutoring me. (Not that I actually need tutoring.)

No problem!

Anyhow, TricMagic  - Who do you think are scum, currently?
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2021, 11:10:46 am »

All the veterans piling on me. What I find strange is I'm pretty sure you've played with me when I wasn't the crazy scummy player meta you seem to think I am today.

That said, readlist time. And webadict, I am severely starting to doubt you are town. Weren't you going on about me being town just a day ago?

1.  EuchreJack-? Not really enough info to decide one way or the other for me. Enough scummy play and just enough excuses for it that I can't tell.
2.  notquitethere-Notquitehere. Also scumlean. ... Not much else to say, his posts seem like scum, and there are no charts. Guess he knows better since his charts are usually helpful as town, and not so much as scum.
3.  TricMagic-The obvious scumpick. Bardy Bard. Also the one with two items and the Random boon on one of them. Naturally killing me via lynch before I can use them makes plenty of sense for scum. (But I'm scum right, why would they lynch me? Cause I'm not, WIFOM.)
4.  prefuzek-Upped to townread. Mostly based off the previous and obvious of why good logical play is scum-tric. I'm not always crazy, just look at my first games back when I did do walls.
5.  BluarianKnight-Minor scumlean: Reason why is his habit of staying quiet, and the recent push on me to secure a lynch. That said, it's more a suspison than a read.
6.  webadict-webadict in audacity. Also leaning towards Scum. Paladin is a good choice to get an in with the town, and prevents investigations from working right on you. That said, you get to stay alive because you have the inspect scroll. You had best make use of it. (Saying the priest should protect anyone but you in thread is a bit silly though. Aren't you the one with the inspect result you need to give out day 2?)
7.  FallacyofUrist-Fal is Fal. NulofNullness. On the bright side, you aren't setting off red flags in my head, so that definitely pushes you towards town-lean.
8.  Jim Groovester. Town.\/
9.  ToonyMan. Town. (You may think these weird, but they are gut reads. They just aren't setting off red flags, and setting off plenty of green ones. Toony being busy doesn't detract from the fact they haven't set off any red ones.)

Jim, Toony, and perfuzek are currently my townreads. Web and NQT are my scum reads. Naturally voting for web is out, so NQT is going to be lynched. Or me if they manage to continue this off of Jim and Toony's votes, plus webs.

Of note, Jack, NQT, and Web are are a bit scummy. So is Blue. There is the possibility of thirds party, so remember that as the reason why I had three reads.

Ninja. Answer above blue.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2021, 11:13:23 am »

Of note blue, to a new player in the community, web looks like superscum. Your vote on me is me not looking like scum. To someone without any meta, who looks more like scum to them, the logical player, or the illogical one?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2021, 11:21:54 am »

TricMagic

This post convinced me that this is Scum Tric.

@Tric:
Why did you pick Random?

Looking though the list of classes I asked myself what would be good for town? Mage lets scrolls be used an extra time, but that was chance-based, and I'd need a scroll in the first place. Paladin would let me inspect, but I discarded that immediately since the pregame post of everyone picking paladins made no sense, and it would put suspicion on me as a godfather type. Transmuter is a good long-term role, but it's not one that is viable since you could get killed or lynched. Thief for me was the option I was looking at, but the issue became 'what if I stole a town player's item.' Pretty high chance of that. Then I looked at bard, but figgured the random option would make most sense. It could either be random, or be picked for balancing reasons. If the second occurred, that info would be quite useful, and prevent other players from false-claiming bard.(This last bit is a thought I had in the game proper, not before it. Still counts as a good thing though.)

Why? My theory is that Tric picked random because they were lazy, and now they're trying to justify that choice like there was some actual forethought.  Based upon that theory, the fact that Tric tried to make a reasonable argument, and was semi-sensible, means Scum Tric.

It also helps that if Tric flips Scum, they've given away their scum buddy.  Now might be a time to stop opening stating my strategies.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51