Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43934 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2021, 11:33:28 am »

:-\ Am I actually going to get lynched based on decent play? I don't even have the excuse of being scum this time.

Just remember you guys asked, and I laid things out openly and Honestly.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2021, 11:40:42 am »

@Tric: If you do flip Town, I will at least feel bad about it, you'll have improved your meta, AND your death will give much information to Town.  Who wanted to lynch you? Why did they want to lynch you?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2021, 11:44:17 am »

Jack, are you a thief? Hence the item fishing?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2021, 11:53:39 am »

EuchreJack: have you been reading my posts?
My reads list hasn't really changed since the only people who've posted substance since then are you, BluarianKnight, webadict, and myself. I'm really waiting on something from Jim, NQT, and Toony.
Town:
EuchreJack
FallacyofUrist

Null (not enough content):
ToonyMan
Jim Groovester

Null (can't decide):
Tricmagic
NQT

Scum:
Bluarianknight
webadict
webadict I've given my case on, BK I've given half a case and there's more below. You're easily town, and FoU had some good posts at the beginning of the day, and I really liked this one. NQT, Toony, and Jim still haven't posted enough for a proper read. Tric's recent posts have felt pretty towny, for example here.. I don't get the wagon on them.

Webadict right now is using a "Refuge in Webadictiness" strategy. Imagine a new player coming in, doing the things web's done, and not getting lynched D1.
I feel like I'd better say something here.  Good point, please keep digging.  Explain more please.
I don't think there's any point. Neither web nor I want to lynch the other today, and whatever happens with web's inspect and claim tonight is going to change the nature of the conversation, so I might as well wait until then. Plus, like BK has said, webadictiness is mostly a null tell for webadict.

BluarianKnight: My suspicion of you is not because you think Tric is mafia. It's because you were doing nothing useful while posting just enough to not be lurking, and you justified behaviour by comparing it to games where you were scum. Now, you're hard defending webadict for no apparent reason giving that I'm not voting them, and calling me scum for reasons that make no sense. You say I've buddied to Euchre, but all I've done is say I read him as town a couple of times. I'm not calling Toony out on that because I don't think saying that people are town is scummy. I think you took the idea that I'm buddying Euchre from web - take a look at my posts and tell me where I've buddied. I've actually avoided responding to him quite a bit, since I don't want to fill up the thread with conversation with someone who I have a solid read on already.

Give me a proper read-list. It feels like you've picked two targets and you're ignoring everyone else, which is poor town-game this early on.
I haven't asked questions to half of the player-list yet.
Huh.

Another point - you and Euchre are the only players so far pushing a scum!web this early. The newest players. The thing is, Web has done this shit in the past as town. It's hard to read him traditionally, and I've fallen victim to thinking he's scum when he's doing a bullshit town play. (Reference Election, where town!Web wins because I (a scum player uninformed) thought he was my scum ally.)
Euchre has web as his second most towny player, so I'm not sure where you get this from. I know web plays idiosyncratically. But if you go back and read my case, it's not about his playstyle. It's about concrete decisions he's making that don't make any sense from a town perspective - the town perspective he's encouraged Jack to adopt in this same game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2021, 11:56:23 am »

@Tric: Who should be vouching for your town-ness? Who should be saying "I remember the time Tric was acting just like this, and he was totally Town"?
Please reference specific games if possible, so newbies like me can look them over.

Jack, are you a thief? Hence the item fishing?
I'm a Merchant.  But there are many items, I don't even recall what all of them do.  Some let a player know what items other players have, so if you did say what items you had, and you were not lynched, then I or someone else might pick up one of those "identify all the items of one player" and determine whether or not you're telling the truth.  There is also a scroll that can burn another player's items, if you've got any items that could only possibly help scum, that might be useful info.  A town thief should totally try and acquire all the scum only useful items, then say they've got a bunch of them once someone announces they have a scroll of burn items (fireball?).  A mafia thief can reacquire those items for the scum team, so its the only way to get them out of circulation entirely (as far as I know, lots of stuff to follow in this game).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2021, 12:04:07 pm »

Anyone have anything to share on Serial Killers/Arsonists?  I've never played a game with Hostile Third Parties before.

Strategy: Nobody is talking about this!  And I don't know how to handle these types!  Conversation is GOOD, even if its hard.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2021, 12:07:10 pm »

1, that would be an action tonight. Two, a mafia thief will won't waste an action or know to target me at dusk. You've pretty much decided I am scum because I've been playing well in your eyes. Also, I can't really remember which game it was, just that it was one fal hosted. I believe I was the Miller that game. (Not that you could manage it well given how long the thing is.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2021, 12:13:24 pm »

Right, I am crazy. But here is a page with a good example of walls from me, so. It's only insane if it doesn't work?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170712.msg7797247#msg7797247

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2021, 12:18:10 pm »

Right, I am crazy. But here is a page with a good example of walls from me, so. It's only insane if it doesn't work?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170712.msg7797247#msg7797247

Thanks, I saw briefly that Web volunteers to help on the first page.  How involved was Web in that game?

Any other games with these players where you were Town? HINT: You're forgetting one, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2021, 12:20:44 pm »

Also, Tric please ask questions of other players, I'd like to see how they respond to you.  Whatever roll you flip, it should help Town.  Feel free to ask me questions too, that should help town as well!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2021, 12:26:08 pm »

:-\ Am I actually going to get lynched based on decent play? I don't even have the excuse of being scum this time.

Just remember you guys asked, and I laid things out openly and Honestly.
So, let's lay out my evidence for Tric - it's day one, but it's a fairly simple layout.

Tric usually isn't this good.

It's a cop out, but it's a good starting point - Tric usually jumps, or digs his heels in, but he seems fairly level-headed this time around (leading me to ask him if he was changing his town meta., he's given claims that he's a bard yet avoids questions/proving it, and otherwise just..

Right. Is it reasonable to assume that people can improve the more they play? Because by now, Tric does actually have some decent to moderate experience. Improvement doesn't automatically mean that someone's being helped, nor does the presence of someone able to help mean help will occur. Or that it'll be listened to. I'm not sure this is a good enough justification for an actual lynch.

Tric's very often the 'easy lynch' in games due to the way he plays, and I don't like that trend. Oh ffs. There are currently five votes on Tric. What scummy action did he do to deserve the lynch?

What?
What?
What?
What?

OK? I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with that information. I have to assume that if webadict is town, they're going to play in a pro-town way.

I'm guessing web's still just trying to see how flappable I am. I will not be flapped.
Yeah, that's what I've noticed about webadict. He's a personality player, and the way he acts seems to stay constant whether he's town or mafia. Realistically, if there's anyone here who could deflect my ability to read the most, it's him. So I'm going with this idea: as long as there are players that are actively acting significantly scummy, I don't have to try and see through whatever facade the crazy-skilled veterans might be throwing up.

As mentioned, this is NQT currently.

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.
The mind games don't reflect well on you. I also recognize you might not care about that in the slightest.

So at this point I'd go over NQT's most recent posts, but he hasn't seem to have made any new ones, so instead I'll focus on prefuzek, the hypothetical partner of NQT. I have to recognize that my read on prefuzek is based strongly on the way NQT says he reads him, so anything I can do to confirm or deny my read would be ideal here.

A BluarianKnight/webadict scumteam does make sense at this point.
prefuzek's scumpicks are webadict and BluarianKnight. At the moment I read webadict as either very town or very scum, with no idea which of those it really is, but leaning the first, and BluarianKnight as decently town. That aside, though.

In that case I'm going to end this conversation, since I don't want to vote you today and I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about D2.
Do you mind telling me why you don't want to vote webadict today, if you think he's scum? A good rule of thumb is 'always vote the scummiest player'. Do you think Bluarian is more scummy than web?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2021, 12:49:51 pm »

@FallacyofUrist: Why do you think NQT is a better Day 1 lynch than Tric?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2021, 12:52:50 pm »

Asking questions, haven't done that yet this game, I think.

Web, Can we get a lurker track?

More seriously(though the lurker track is always useful) NQT. The question I have to ask you is this, where are the charts?

prefuzek gets there own question, what experience do you have, if any, and how will you apply it?

Jim/Toony, why the steady vote on me? Do you still think your vote has the right reasoning, or has that reasoning changed any? What was the original reasoning.

Web, where is Mamobo?

Jack, do you still want to shorten the day? Why did you want to shorten it originally?

Fal, when do you think RVS ended, and who's votes fall into that timeline?

Blue, why is your vote based on my competence? Can you point out the flaws in my reasoning and put together a strong argument for me being scum?

Web3adict, ... I forgot my question for you. Umm.. Right! What do you think of me picking Random? Likewise what do you think of the other claimed roles, and why people might have picked them?

Normally these questions would be in the starting day. Instead, they are today. Let us see your answers.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2021, 01:03:02 pm »

Pfp, busy weekend, but game is paused over weekend anyway. Will post properly later or tomorrow.

Just a quick pop in to say:

- Tric, charts are for D2+. There's been no flips yet!
- Someone said something about a curse: I have a scroll of curse curing, so if I die and some needs it, raid the stack for it.
- Jack, scum hunting should pick up sk's etc. Focusing on 3rd parties when we don't know if they exist is a bad idea.
- Can everyone on the Tric wagon explain their case if they haven't already?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2021, 01:20:38 pm »

@Tric: Eh, sure, I'll do a lurkertrack. Eventually. I'm mostly busy today, though.

If you want some defense behind my voting for you, it's not that you're doing well. For me, it's that you're being extremely cautious, which is what I actually believe you do as scum. When you're Town, you don't really care how you act because it comes with the knowledge that you're Town, and that's why you look anti-Town as Town.

I am willing to look more into it, though, if given reason.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51