Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43348 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2021, 07:23:09 pm »

I'm in the middle of assembling a post but I'm headed off somewhere. I just wanted to have fun and make a dumb post.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2021, 07:31:05 pm »

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.
In that case I'm going to end this conversation, since I don't want to vote you today and I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about D2.

BluarianKnight:
Right now it's NQT, Jack, and I'd say you, prefuzek. Though the last is more not knowing you to base reads off of, it just feels like a weird playstyle you're using.
*ALARMS BLARING*

WEEE WOOO WEEE WOO

Yeah, agreed - the fuck?
Mind explaining to me what you find so suspicious about this? And why you didn't follow up on it?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2021, 07:31:50 pm »

@Jim: Quick update - You're confirmed Town, and I'm waiting for you to determine whether Tric is Town or Scum.  He's hurting my head. 
Yes, I am offloading the work of reading Tric's post to you.  Sorry.  But its not like I haven't done any work today...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2021, 07:41:57 pm »

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

In that case I'm going to end this conversation, since I don't want to vote you today and I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about D2.

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: Webadict would totally claim to inspect you and claim they got Mafia regardless of what they actually get, then 2 hours later explain that they fully intended to give the true results. 

I want you to realize that he is crazy enough to actually do that.

He also tests people.  Guess what?  You failed!

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2021, 07:53:18 pm »

OK? I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with that information. I have to assume that if webadict is town, they're going to play in a pro-town way.

I'm guessing web's still just trying to see how flappable I am. I will not be flapped.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2021, 08:00:47 pm »

OK? I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with that information. I have to assume that if webadict is town, they're going to play in a pro-town way.

I'm guessing web's still just trying to see how flappable I am. I will not be flapped.

Web's not 100% town even to me, his disciple.  You should be even more suspicious of him.  Now, I wouldn't want to be engaged in epic word battle with Web, so I don't envy you there, but its your job to ascertain Web's alignment.  You're still not sure, and yet you're moving on to convict Blue without Blue getting a chance to defend themselves.  Sure, I think Blue is Scum, but even I'm willing to wait a bit for a response.

Now, why am I telling you this, instead of Web? Because if Web confronts you, you continue to blow him off.  So you need another player to tell you to get back into that fight.  I'm doing that.

My strategy: Get prefuzek and Web to debate each other, revealing more info about both of their alignments.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2021, 08:01:48 pm »

Also, why aren't you linking Blue and Web?!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2021, 10:07:08 pm »

Does this not imply that you believe that I am Town?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2021, 10:32:19 pm »

Townreads time!

EuchreJack  - Null to Scumlean - To me at least, pushing votes willy-nilly is a starting scum!tell - you know who your allies are, so you don't care who you vote, as long as it's someone.. Their wall of text bumped them from scum to null though, as I see a bit of myself in MMMM in his desperation - I was an idiot my first time too, so null for now, slight scumlean.
Jim Groovester   - Townlean, reads town!Jim for me, but would like to see more.
TricMagic   - Scum. Rational Tric is Scum!Tric, it's usually a meme but I think it, alongside a few mistakes is enough to push him as a lynch.
webadict  - Webadict being a dastardly rascal as usual, his usual bullshit means I'm willing to give him N1 to see what he does. Null.
notquitethere  - Null-town lean for now? Not sure.
prefuzek  - Scum - He's been playing off Euchrejack for a while, I'd believe a Tric/Prefuzek scumteam. As well, he's been hyper-focusing on some players, and calling some folks out while ignoring other players entirely.
FallacyofUrist  - Townlean - I don't a scum player would do what he did - his NQT suspicions are a bit pointed but fair, and I think he's safe for now. Needs revisiting.
ToonyMan - Scumlean - He's been quiet, and hasn't been pushing. Unusually quiet - FoS atm.

Mind explaining to me what you find so suspicious about this? And why you didn't follow up on it?

Maybe because I take time to write things. Besides, I've been called out for 'replying little', so I decided I'd try to do a read instead.

As for suspicious? Tric pointed out three mafia - it's a two mafia game. Could've been a slip, but also could've been a slight clue to him being Mafia - directing blame elsewhere. Right now, I think it's only a tiny clue - by itself worthless, but I also kinda wanted to jump in on the shenanigans.
So, let's lay out my evidence for Tric - it's day one, but it's a fairly simple layout.

Tric usually isn't this good.

It's a cop out, but it's a good starting point - Tric usually jumps, or digs his heels in, but he seems fairly level-headed this time around (leading me to ask him if he was changing his town meta., he's given claims that he's a bard yet avoids questions/proving it, and otherwise just..

He's really good - scarily good. I think he might have somebody giving him a helping hand. Leaning on that, there's two possibilities - you, who's asked Tric loaded questions implying his votes are mafia, and going from suspecting EuchreJack to saying he's town and buddying up with him, even putting him as town on your read list.

As soon as Tric got heat, you jumped straight onto me and Web - which I really still don't get the connection? Past maybe Web telling Euchre voting me was stupid, and his methods were just harming town - (his wall post has convinced me Euchre is more being buddied then being scum, which is why I think you're the second.)

Maybe my read's wrong then entirely - if you both are town, I'd have to gander a guess to Toony and.. maybe someone else. I'm not sure yet.

Here's my questions;

Prefuzek - What brings me and Web as the most likely suspects as scum?
Toony - Is something keeping you from posting, or are you simply keeping quiet?}

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2021, 11:07:25 pm »

Blu, are you really scumleaning Euchre? Man, that's harsh. That feels retaliatory. If you seriously think EuchreJack is scum, you're thinking about it completely wrong. Jack isn't a viable launch candidate Today anyway.
ToonyMan is astoundingly quiet, I agree. That means they're planning things. Mmmm, probs not worth thinking about too hard.

Mmmm... I dislike that you've got the same reads as I do, except your getting in a big fight with EJ, which is super silly goose, but I think it's probably TricMagic and prefuzek.

Well, it's mostly that I'm convinced I'm right that you're scum, and if my results don't match that conviction, I will assume that I am still right and keep pushing it. That's why you need to convince me that I'm tunnelling you if you're Town. If you think I'm scum, then I get launched the day after I do such a stupid move. Therefore, my alignment for today should matter to you, because I am going to do that move.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2021, 11:35:19 pm »

Blu, are you really scumleaning Euchre? Man, that's harsh. That feels retaliatory. If you seriously think EuchreJack is scum, you're thinking about it completely wrong. Jack isn't a viable launch candidate Today anyway.

I'm putting him on the block - I think I did put him too harshly, should've rewrote it - I think he's scumlean - I don't think he's scum too hard, as I've other candidates, but.. I dunno, something rubs me off the wrong way to give him a clean cut.

He's FoS at worst - not someone I'm gonna bark up the tree.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2021, 11:58:52 pm »

@Blue:
I've been invested in a currently ongoing mafia game so I've been pretty low energy here. I guess the best way to describe it is that I'm on Book 5 of a super engrossing story and the next day I start a new series instead of Book 6. I like my Tric vote still and I have a queued question for NQT. I can give general reads for people sometime tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow it's my birthday and I plan on being away for most of the day.

@Tric:
Why did you pick Random?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2021, 12:30:47 am »

OK, my case on webadict:

First, town webadict is probably not actually going to follow through on his gambit, since if we don't lynch scum today that would lose town the game given two scum (three mislynches = town loss). web recognizes this. Now, compare that to the advice he's giving to EuchreJack this game:
Town players can suspect each other all day long. It doesn't make them not Town. Heck, I'm voting you, and I don't think you're scum. But, the problem here is that you're actively making the game harder by doing shenanigans.

I know it's hard to understand why my shenanigans are different. But, if you'd please, list out what my shenanigans were this game and how they contributed to the current gamestate, and then do the same for yours. I want you to list how useful they've been, and the pros and cons of said actions were.

I don't actually mind shenanigans, but some of yours have no intended purpose behind them, and lulnanigans are sorta anti-Town.

So, a town webadict must be doing this to get a better read on me based on my reaction. This is consistent with his play so far; he's tried three different strategies recently to get an idea of how I play:

1. A naked vote
2. An agressive case
3. A stupid threat

This is all fine. The issue is, he's planning on inspecting me tonight. Why bother? Why only pressure the person you claim you're going to inspect?

Also, the case on me is weak. I explained why I wasn't voting him, the argument that I'm trying to avoid attention makes no sense since I was the one who came out swinging on him, and he accuses me of buddying Jack while being perfectly fine with Toony doing it[./url]

BluarianKnight:
Case on web is above. You I have a less solid case on, but it seems to me like you're playing pretty safe and you haven't really done any work towards figuring things out. For example, lots of hedging here:
Maybe my read's wrong then entirely - if you both are town, I'd have to gander a guess to Toony and.. maybe someone else. I'm not sure yet.

Not knowing Tric's meta, I can't say for sure how good your case is on them, but arguing that they're playing too well seems wrong.

Right now, I think it's only a tiny clue - by itself worthless, but I also kinda wanted to jump in on the shenanigans.
How you describe it here doesn't match your reaction in the moment very well.

Why did you assume that my scumread on you and my scumread on webadict were linked?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2021, 03:50:56 am »

I got back late from hanging out with my brother so instead of completing my post I'm going to go to bed.

@Jim: Quick update - You're confirmed Town, and I'm waiting for you to determine whether Tric is Town or Scum.  He's hurting my head. 
Yes, I am offloading the work of reading Tric's post to you.  Sorry.  But its not like I haven't done any work today...

Why do you need me to decide your opinion about TricMagic? Can't you form an opinion on your own?

How did I become a confirmed town?

Aren't you giving away too much autonomy over how you think?

I'm really bothered by this sheeping but it's so blatant and unashamed and unafraid it could only be done by somebody who both didn't know what they were doing and was town.

Fuck if you were actually scum I'd expect you to ask the town who the scum team should night kill.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51