Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43372 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2021, 04:22:36 am »

By now I think I've gotten what I can out of webadict. Since my last post I'm actually leaning more town on them, and I think I might know what town webadict's plan is. I do feel more confident in my case on BK (they haven't responded to it), but I haven't really seen a compelling case from anyone yet this game.
I feel better about Fallacy, Tric, Euchre and to a lesser extent Web now. They're appearing to try to solve even if they're tunneling. Prefuzek has come back swinging. Jim has kept a lower profile this long weekend. 

"I'd vote webadict if he wasn't a Paladin"
"I'm not a Paladin"
'Err, uhhh, well, ummmmm, actually I'm starting to read webadict as town"

At least TricMagic had the guts to cast an actual vote even if he plopped it on notquitethere not much later.

By now I think I've gotten what I can out of webadict. Since my last post I'm actually leaning more town on them, and I think I might know what town webadict's plan is. I do feel more confident in my case on BK (they haven't responded to it), but I haven't really seen a compelling case from anyone yet this game.

Disappearing for two days is a weird way to describe getting stuff out of webadict but whatever.

Web feels townier on reread, I'll explain more on D2.

I don't want to wait until Day 2.

The term is Gaslighting.  The fact that Blue on some level sympathizes with me, having from my understanding been a frequent victim of this tactic, gives Blue some town cred in my eyes.

Oh, and FOS remains on Jim actually, although having died quickly to the above tactic and not talking much, I'm still willing to consider a Town Jim universe.  I guess respond Jim if you care...

Since you're invoking me I'll point out that your supposition that notquitethere killed me to frame you in Dreams of Elan is false.

I had it queued up
I don't know why you killed me first when I had the game dead wrong from the start and everybody else had it right.
Well it turns out I shouldn't have, but I just queued up the kill first thing. Picked someone that could be trouble. The first day came to an end sooner than I was expecting but if I'd been in the thread I'd probably have changed it.

notquitethere killing me in Dreams of Elan was about me and not about you.

Scum almost never kill to frame another player. It's night kill WIFOM and easily dispelled.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2021, 04:41:41 am »

Hehehehe. OK guys there is at least one scum in Toony/Jim/Prefuzek. When there's a solid wagon formed, scum almost never all jump on the same vote.

Unofficial Vote Count
------------------------
EuchreJack:
notquitethere - 4 - FallacyofUrist, webadict, BluarianKnight, TricMagic
TricMagic - 1 - ToonyMan
prefuzek: - 2 - Jim Groovester, EuchreJack
BluarianKnight: - 2 - prefuzek, notquitethere
webadict:
FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan:

Not Voting - 0 -

I started looking at Blu and I think it's telling that Blu only ever jumps on existing wagons, sheeping other people's votes. They also threw one softball question to Toony which helps my theory but I know that that's nothing to really build upon.

Euchre hops about wildly, that's a pretty town trait. I'm pretty sold on them as town.

Toony what makes you think this is scum!Tric? Is there some meta I'm not seeing here?

Webadict, if you succeed in launching me today and when I flip town, are there scum on my wagon or not?

Tric, what do you think about Jim's play?

PPE: Jim, yeah I'm vacillating on Web, I genuinely can't make up my mind about the best way to approach his weird play. What do you think about the claim/threat/retraction?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2021, 05:13:13 am »

@NQT: Been thinking about. Also, these are paranoia thoughts, so salt them and also I should be sleeping.

I think your theory of 1+ in Toony/Jim/perfuzek is probably correct. Toony is very, very passive this game, and I dislike that so many people are all townreading Jim in spite of them not being here and active. Jim did like one pro-Town move that I remember, and Toony is just playing the activelurk. Heck, I'm debating the efficacy of perfuzek being scum, and that is no good.

The problem is my PoE is currently one short of a victory. TricMagic, EuchreJack, and FoU are my PoE right now.

I think the only player with scum equity on your wagon is BluarianKnight, and I want to remove them from my suspects, but they are following me everywhere I go. It'd make my PoE great if I could. That would make your entire wagon pure. So, scum not jumping on would be great for them.

And from your perspective, I am the player with the highest scum equity on your wagon, which is why you voted me. And honestly, that does make some sense from town perspective. You are trying to gauge who may partner is. That's a good take. You have accepted your death. Very Townie.

I could be convinced to pile Toony or Jim, who are very much in my suspect pile. Toony appears to be trying to start a competing wagon on myself. That... isn't alignment indicative. Jim... Idk. They've both only had one real suspect all day with very little in the way of read progress, and using their not being here as a shield isn't good enough for me.

Hmmm... Decisions decisions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2021, 06:20:11 am »

Hehehehe. OK guys there is at least one scum in Toony/Jim/Prefuzek. When there's a solid wagon formed, scum almost never all jump on the same vote.

Unofficial Vote Count
------------------------
EuchreJack:
notquitethere - 4 - FallacyofUrist, webadict, BluarianKnight, TricMagic
TricMagic - 1 - ToonyMan
prefuzek: - 2 - Jim Groovester, EuchreJack
BluarianKnight: - 2 - prefuzek, notquitethere
webadict:
FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan:

Not Voting - 0 -

I started looking at Blu and I think it's telling that Blu only ever jumps on existing wagons, sheeping other people's votes. They also threw one softball question to Toony which helps my theory but I know that that's nothing to really build upon.

Euchre hops about wildly, that's a pretty town trait. I'm pretty sold on them as town.

Toony what makes you think this is scum!Tric? Is there some meta I'm not seeing here?

Webadict, if you succeed in launching me today and when I flip town, are there scum on my wagon or not?

Tric, what do you think about Jim's play?

PPE: Jim, yeah I'm vacillating on Web, I genuinely can't make up my mind about the best way to approach his weird play. What do you think about the claim/threat/retraction?
Prefuzek came back swinging alright, batting at the haters, pushing an alternate vote. That post they made more than anything tells me that a Prez/NQT team is not only possible, but likely.

As for Jim, it becomes more and more obvious you haven't read the thread, I've long since seen Jim and Toony as town, from near the beginning of the day. Nothing has changed, and their posts continue to showcase towniness. Jim exudes towniness.

Also, voting web after getting prodded isn't the best thing, given it reads as a last gasp seeking air. (These lines brought to you by pre-breakfast tricmagic)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2021, 07:56:23 am »

@Jim:
Oh, and FOS remains on Jim actually, although having died quickly to the above tactic and not talking much, I'm still willing to consider a Town Jim universe.  I guess respond Jim if you care...
Since you're invoking me I'll point out that your supposition that notquitethere killed me to frame you in Dreams of Elan is false.
I had it queued up
I don't know why you killed me first when I had the game dead wrong from the start and everybody else had it right.
Well it turns out I shouldn't have, but I just queued up the kill first thing. Picked someone that could be trouble. The first day came to an end sooner than I was expecting but if I'd been in the thread I'd probably have changed it.
notquitethere killing me in Dreams of Elan was about me and not about you.
Scum almost never kill to frame another player. It's night kill WIFOM and easily dispelled.
I was going to tell Jack he was WRONG, but you did it for me.

@NQT:
When there's a solid wagon formed, scum almost never all jump on the same vote.
This isn't true and you know it. We (me, you, and juicebox) all jumped on Caz together in Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 on Day 1 and that's just off the top of my head.

He's not paranoid about me, at all. In fact, he insists I'm town even though I've been activelurking the entire game so far.

@TricMagic:
As for Jim, it becomes more and more obvious you haven't read the thread, I've long since seen Jim and Toony as town, from near the beginning of the day. Nothing has changed, and their posts continue to showcase towniness. Jim exudes towniness.
Why??? Where does this confidence come from??? Gut reading me as town makes no sense if you've played with me before as mafia which you have Tric, you have.

Pretty certain there's one (and likely only one) mafia in NQT/TricMagic.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2021, 07:57:34 am »

@Webadict:
Hmmm feel like the NQT wagon is bad. That means they aren't mafia though...probably at least one mafia on them right now if that's the case.
Who?
At least Tric.
If NQT is Town, I think TricMagic would be a tough sell for me as scum. If NQT is scum, then this wagon is pure af.

I'm convinced TricMagic isn't scum because they claimed their class immediately, which is a very reckless and impatient thing to do (and feels like town TricMagic). If TricMagic is scum, then TricMagic is the "head" scum. That means they are partnered with one of perfuzek or EuchreJack. I think perfuzek is technically the only player that works with this combination, since EuchreJack doesn't work for obvious reasons.

The only counter to that logic (from your perspective) is if you pair TricMagic and I, which, again, isn't possible, because I didn't notice this connection until a day ago, instead of using it immediately. And if that's the case, then I'm pretty much unreadable. Additionally, I've been antagonizing them the whole time, and there'd be no good reason to at this point, when I could just hold up a shield the rest of the day.

So, if you say TricMagic is scum, then perfuzek is scum, and if that's the case, NQT has some trash reading on perfuzek, and they've really gone all in on shielding scum.

That's the problem I have here, is that if NQT is Town, then it cannot be TricMagic as scum. If NQT is Town, then we've gotta take a look at BluarianKnight or ToonyMan. perfuzek is potentially lookable, but... Eh? If NQT is Town, that does lend credence to perfuzek being Town, but I'm still under the idea that perfuzek is likely scum, and having NQT defend them so hard is just not sitting well with me.
FAIR

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2021, 09:52:27 am »

OK, I've done an isolated read of both Blu and NQT.

The strangest thing about BluarianKnight's posts is that I've been on every scumteam they've proposed: me+Euchre, me+Tric, me+Toony, and now me+NQT. BK's main reason for voting NQT is that it looks like he's my scumpartner (they also justified it by sheeping FoU's awful case based on word counts of NQT's first reads). So, Blu, why have you never voted me if I'm the common link? Is it harder to make a case for me that you think people will go along with?

It's also very strange that they missed my post addressed to them if they were trying to get a read on me, which tells me that they weren't trying to get a read on me very hard. They also didn't respond to NQT's question addressing the link above - is this a pattern of dodging questions they don't have good answers to?

NQT is acting how I expect him to behave as town heading towards a mislynch. I haven't seen a solid case on him besides web's here. The SK case and FoU's case are truly awful. I wish I had more to say here but I'm running out of time.

People voting NQT: Can give you give your condensed reasoning for your vote?

Jim: Do you believe that webadict is actually not a paladin? Because I don't.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2021, 10:43:00 am »

I'm not a Paladin. I just claimed to be to see the reactions of what people would do if they weren't able to inspect me.

Vote me for that if you want to, but I am Town, and it was a good warm-up that left valuable information.

I believe NQT is a good elim as either Town or scum, since a Town elim does a lot to clear perfuzek of being scum, and paints big ol' bullseyes on Blu and Jim, and maybe a little bit towards ToonyMan.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2021, 10:46:51 am »

Vote Count:

EuchreJack:
notquitethere: FallacyofUrist, webadict, BluarianKnight, TricMagic
TricMagic: ToonyMan
prefuzek: Jim Groovester, EuchreJack
BluarianKnight: prefuzek
webadict: notquitethere
FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan:

Not Voting:

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/1 at 9 PM EST, ~9 hours from this post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2021, 11:03:01 am »

Do you mean EDT, Toaster?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2021, 11:10:15 am »

I believe NQT is a good elim as either Town or scum, since a Town elim does a lot to clear perfuzek of being scum, and paints big ol' bullseyes on Blu and Jim, and maybe a little bit towards ToonyMan.
Infolynching is bad.

Also Webadict since NQT did vote you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2021, 11:12:17 am »

I'm not a Paladin. I just claimed to be to see the reactions of what people would do if they weren't able to inspect me.

Vote me for that if you want to, but I am Town, and it was a good warm-up that left valuable information.

This is the type of thing that gets scum-me annoyed at you web. And town-me when I have powers that can help others.

To Prez, Nightmare NQT, that is all. And it's still looking like if NQT is scum, you are likely their partner, given you're defending them. If NQT is town, the chances of you being town do go up a bit though, which that case you made does lead to Blue being scum. Maybe, I'm not in the best mental shape today.

Ninja. Is this another Chinese fire drill scenario?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2021, 11:14:38 am »

Web
Do you know what's an even better elimination? Actually hitting scum. That's such a cop out. It doesn't prove shit when I flip town, people who don't think I'm scum you can say were pocketing me and people who do think it you can way were making bad faith cases. C'mon.

Toony, you're right I might overstated-- scum can vote as a bloc. But far and a way the most common thing that I see on any typical day in any typical game is scum sitting back and letting town lynch town.

Tric, there's 8 hours to go, plenty of time for people to pick better votes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2021, 11:20:27 am »

@NQT:
Is Web your #1 scum pick?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51