Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43366 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Raw Deal [Day 2]
« Reply #495 on: June 02, 2021, 08:32:35 pm »

My reads during Night 1:

Strong Town
notquitethere - likely town, strong synergy with town Pref
EuchreJack - probably town, spewing like crazy

Weak Town
FallacyofUrist - probably town, staked their life on Pref being scum even though they were wrong, claimed Archaeologist
Jim Groovester - probably town, defended NQT from FoU

Not Sure
TricMagic - maybe scummy, claimed Random Bard (just like Pref), they could actually just be playing better than they usually do as town

Suspicious
BluarianKnight - scummy, no excuses
webadict - scummy, claims Paladin when they feel like it

I have reason to believe neither Web or Blue did the obvtown Jack kill.

So unless TricMagic can convince me that the mafia are Jim/NQT I want them dead today. Their partner is likely Blue or Web.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2021, 08:35:58 pm »

Web and Blue most likely did not perform this kill.
Justification?

I attempted to target Jim Groovester, but had my target changed to ToonyMan. If whoever did the redirecting could claim, that would let us remove someone from the 'might have performed the kill' pool.

FallacyofUrist - probably town, staked their life on Pref being scum even though they were wrong, claimed Archaeologist
Well, as promised. FallacyofUrist. Clearly I don't deserve to have my own vote.

I'm not going to just do nothing, though. Even though, for obvious reasons, I fucked up, I still need to put in the effort to try and figure out who the murderers among us are.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2021, 08:38:39 pm »

Web and Blue most likely did not perform this kill.
Justification?
I blocked Web last night and I know that somebody randomized Blue's target, which means that if Blue was the killer it makes it unlikely that Blue ended up on the very obvious intended target of Jack again. Possible, but unlikely.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2021, 08:39:53 pm »

I attempted to target Jim Groovester, but had my target changed to ToonyMan. If whoever did the redirecting could claim, that would let us remove someone from the 'might have performed the kill' pool.
If somebody could confirm this that would be great.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2021, 08:56:27 pm »

Day 1 start:
There are six items in the public pool.

Day 2 start:
There are six items in the public pool.

Rules:
   3. There is a pool of public items.  This pool starts out containing six random items, at least two of which are guaranteed to be uncommon or better.  When a player dies, their items will go into this pool.  At day start, a random common item will be removed from the pool.  The contents of this pool are not known, but I will post a count of the items at day start.
   4. During the day, you will automatically quest for an item, and you will receive it at the end of the day after the lynch.  You may PM me during the day and opt to grab an item from the public item pool instead.  Certain classes have other choices they can make instead.  Note that if the pool is empty when your turn comes to check it, you get nothing!

Pref would have dropped two uncommon items on death and Jack probably dropped one or zero items which means either two or three players grabbed from the public pool at the end of Day 1.

At Day 1 start there were 2 uncommon (or better) and 4 common items.
At Day 1 end there were 4 uncommon (or better) and 4 common items thanks to Pref.
During Night 1 Jack is killed and drops any items they possibly had.
At Day 2 start there are 6 items in the public pool. Anywhere possibly between 2 to 4 uncommon (or better) and 2 to 4 common items.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2021, 09:00:13 pm »

I know that somebody randomized Blue's target
How do you know this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2021, 09:10:32 pm »

NOTE:  I quoted the D1 day start to make that post (easiest way for lazy mods to keep formatting) and forgot to change the pool number (I'm really good at that.)  There are SEVEN items in the public pool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2021, 09:12:38 pm »

@TricMagic:
Who's your partner Tric? Is it Web? Is it Blue? Or...i-is it Jim? Holy shit it is, isn't it?

I actually feel good about Toony and Jim being town.
Jim, Toony, and perfuzek are currently my townreads.
But I'd defend jim and toony too.
As for Jim, it becomes more and more obvious you haven't read the thread, I've long since seen Jim and Toony as town, from near the beginning of the day. Nothing has changed, and their posts continue to showcase towniness. Jim exudes towniness.
Jim exudes towniness.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 02, 2021, 09:14:44 pm »

How do you know this?
NQT told me.

NOTE:  I quoted the D1 day start to make that post (easiest way for lazy mods to keep formatting) and forgot to change the pool number (I'm really good at that.)  There are SEVEN items in the public pool.
Ah, I see.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 02, 2021, 09:21:11 pm »

Unfortunate, but fulfills the same overall goal I had planned. I used a Scroll of Command to try to redirect BluarianKnight into potentially killing me, but, alas, I was roleblocked, so I can confirm at least the roleblocking portion.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 02, 2021, 09:27:11 pm »

Unfortunate, but fulfills the same overall goal I had planned. I used a Scroll of Command to try to redirect BluarianKnight into potentially killing me, but, alas, I was roleblocked, so I can confirm at least the roleblocking portion.
Perfect. Does my roleblock make you waste the Scroll of Command or do you still have it?

NQT was able to tell me their action tonight because I used a Scroll of Mail on them so we could communicate once during Night 1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 02, 2021, 09:33:21 pm »

Perfect. Does my roleblock make you waste the Scroll of Command or do you still have it?

NQT was able to tell me their action tonight because I used a Scroll of Mail on them so we could communicate once during Night 1.
I believe I still have it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2021, 09:35:48 pm »

Well, as promised. FallacyofUrist. Clearly I don't deserve to have my own vote.

I'm not going to just do nothing, though. Even though, for obvious reasons, I fucked up, I still need to put in the effort to try and figure out who the murderers among us are.

I should put you in the thunderdome like you asked for. I may still do that, but thunderdomes are a great way to waste lynches if both players end up being town.

Weak Town

I don't see this. FallacyofUrist stuck his neck out for his scum partner NQT during Magic Mafia on Day 2 even after Vector got the guilty inspect on him. Trying to save his scum partners while being scum is something he's willing to do.

Actually yes let's vote FallacyofUrist. He successfully steered the lynch off of BluearianKnight very late into Day 1.

Yes I am suggesting him and BK are partners.

How do you know this?
NQT told me.

Oh, hey. That's cool. I protected and randomized NQT last night.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 02, 2021, 09:41:08 pm »

So it's likely Blue/FoU with Blue being the Jack killer or Tric/X with Tric being the Jack killer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 02, 2021, 10:37:49 pm »

So it's likely Blue/FoU with Blue being the Jack killer or Tric/X with Tric being the Jack killer.
I don't see the correlation of Blu being the killer.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51