Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43933 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Free Range Murder [Day 3]
« Reply #675 on: June 07, 2021, 11:28:34 am »

NQT pushed for town to shorten D2 and just wagon Blue, silencing the day. Honestly NQT bussing Blue sounds more plausible than Jim doing it. Another thing to consider if FoU is town.

Why would mafia!FoU confirm that Tric is mechanically cleared? It makes me and Tric confirmed town instead of just me.

See how easy this is?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 07, 2021, 11:52:51 am »

My prejudice in favour of short days is long established, I assure you. I didn't think there was much more productive to do on D2 once we'd decided on Blu. I hadn't appreciated the Scroll of Command angle when I made my vote first today.

But yes, there are easy angles to explore here that Fallacy isn't exploring. He's focused on the mechanical puzzle of it, and no real push on Jim or mine's behaviour.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 07, 2021, 11:56:36 am »

Items, NQT. Tell me your items and when you got them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 07, 2021, 12:07:50 pm »

@FoU:
On N1 what was your flavor like? When you got redirected from Jim to me?
I was distracted by something, then I realized that I had used the scroll on the wrong target.

My prejudice in favour of short days is long established
I think you mean preference, heheh.

But yes, there are easy angles to explore here that Fallacy isn't exploring. He's focused on the mechanical puzzle of it, and no real push on Jim or mine's behaviour.
Toony pointed this out earlier, yes. So I went ahead and checked over Jim's previous behavior. There isn't much that massively sticks out, however, there is one point I can make as a result of Jim's behavior Day 1. I don't think it'll be enough to sway the vote, but it is something town should be aware of, so I'll bring it up.

Actually, make that two points, now that I think about it.

I don't see this. FallacyofUrist stuck his neck out for his scum partner NQT during Magic Mafia on Day 2 even after Vector got the guilty inspect on him. Trying to save his scum partners while being scum is something he's willing to do.

Actually yes let's vote FallacyofUrist. He successfully steered the lynch off of BluearianKnight very late into Day 1.

Yes I am suggesting him and BK are partners.
The weaker point is that Jim, on Day 2, voted me first, instead of BluarianKnight first. If he was scum, it would make sense to do this. (Additionally he was very late to vote Bluarian, but I don't think that means much)

Now for the stronger point.

On Day 1, Jim seemed to be taking up the role of a commentator. Feeling like 50% a spectator to the game, focusing more on talking about what's going on instead of engaging with it. The questions he's asking Day 1 feel... off.

I don't think this is very definitive, and maybe it's nothing at all, but it's what I've noticed.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 07, 2021, 12:33:53 pm »

Claim Time

As I claimed on D1, my bonus item I got for randomising my role was:

Scroll of Remove Curse  (immunity to curses)

Then D1 I picked up:

Scroll of Confusion   (randomise)

Scroll of Protection   (protect)

I attempted to use the scroll of confusion on Blu as I thought Blu might kill me.

Then D2 I picked up:

Wand of Shapeshift   (frame)

Scroll of Curse Armor   (make kills against target 33% unblockable, counter enchant armor)

These were trash and so I used protect on Toony, who I figured had a good chance of being the NK target.

If executing Fallacy doesn't end the game, tonight I hopefully will pick up something useful. But if I don't I will use Curse Armor on someone I don't think will be NK'd. They will get a message saying they were cursed, and thereby confirming my action. Cursing them won't matter as then the game will probably be in LYLO anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 07, 2021, 03:24:51 pm »

FoU claim:
Selected Archaeologist, starts with no items.
Started game with nothing.
N1:
1. Went questing and found a common Scroll of Joined Fate.
2. Used Scroll of Joined Fates on Jim, but was randomized to me by NQT.
N2:
1. Went questing and found a Potion of Volume.
2. Couldn't do anything else.

Currently possess a Potion of Volume.

Jim claim:
Random Scavenger, starts with a common item.
Started game with a common Scroll of Shapeshift.
N1:
1. Went questing and found a common Scroll of Insight and Scroll of Hallucination.
2. Used Scroll of Hallucination on NQT.
3. Received a Potion of Invincibility from TricMagic.
N2:
1. Went questing and found a common Scroll of Protection and Scroll of Enchant Weapon.
2. Used Scroll of Protection on NQT.

Currently possess a Scroll of Shapeshift, a Scroll of Insight, a Potion of Invincibility, and a Scroll of Enchant Weapon.

NQT claim:
Random Scavenger, starts with a common item.
Started game with a common Scroll of Remove Curse.
N1:
1. Went questing and found a common Scroll of Confusion and Scroll of Protection.
2. Used Scroll of Confusion on Blue, was randomized to FoU by Jim.
N2:
1. Went questing and found an uncommon Wand of Shapeshift and a common Scroll of Curse Armor (I guess Scavenger can roll for two different rarities?).
2. Used Scroll of Protection on Toony.

Currently possess a Scroll of Remove Curse, a Wand of Shapeshift, and a Scroll of Curse Armor.

...Okay screw it, let's kill FoU.

Shorten

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 07, 2021, 03:31:17 pm »

Forgot to list Tric's claim summary as well? Just keep in mind the last mafia player will probably try and nightkill you, Toony. It's probably Jim, but it could be NQT if we're dealing with a massive, massive bus.

Good luck, friends.

To reiterate:

FallacyofUrist. Shorten.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 07, 2021, 03:32:38 pm »

I don't need to know Tric's items since he's confirmed town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 07, 2021, 03:33:50 pm »

I know you're trying to psyche me out, but even if you're town I have a 50/50 chance of stopping the kill on myself.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 07, 2021, 03:37:20 pm »

Ok, lets shorten then

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #685 on: June 07, 2021, 04:59:08 pm »

Vote Count:

notquitethere: TricMagic
TricMagic:
FallacyofUrist: ToonyMan, notquitethere, Jim Groovester, FallacyofUrist
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan:

Not Voting:

FallacyofUrist bows his head.  “It is not me, I assure you.  I am just an Archeologist who wanted to study the beauty of these crypts.  If I must die, well, this is a lovely place to do so.  Please make it quick, if you must.”

He is granted his last request.

Indeed, as you study his pack, there’s no reason to suspect he was telling anything but the truth.  A journal is found with extensive notes on architecture, with accompanying sketches.  You have missed this day.

Will you miss the next day?  Will the next day come at all?

FallacyofUrist has been lynched!  He was an Archeologist (Town).

Night 3 has begun!  Night 3 will last until Tuesday, 6/8 at 10 PM EDT.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - [9/9+]
« Reply #686 on: June 08, 2021, 09:38:25 pm »

All four of you return to the central open room today.  A stony-silenced breakfast is eaten, with no one willing to turn their back on anyone else.  Some cold coffee later- it’s the last anyone has- and the arguments begin again.

No one has been killed.

Day 4 has begun!  Day 4 will last until Friday, 6/11 at 10 PM EST.

There are seven items in the public pool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Four's Company [Day 4]
« Reply #687 on: June 08, 2021, 09:39:30 pm »

I'll lose my mind if it isn't FoU.

lolololololol

here we go!!!!!!!!!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 08, 2021, 09:47:17 pm »

Thanks for blocking me, ToonyMan.

I got a Scroll of Door Creation at the end of Day 3. I tried to use it on notquitethere.

I suspect it's notquitethere but it could be ToonyMan if I take a deep enough draught of the wine in front of me. TricMagic still doesn't make any sense. Whoever it is, I think scum no killed during Night 4.

Separately from all this (but will affect the amount of effort I put in this game tonight) I had a pretty shitty day.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 08, 2021, 09:50:11 pm »

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51