Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124163 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #750 on: August 12, 2021, 05:24:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

get grey to put that maintain ability to breathe spell on me again and shout “ready to set sail”.

((Did I get a fate point for that?)

”Hey Greed, I’ll give you my needle and a sword if you let me have your needle”

Trade with Greed if he agrees to it.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

“Hahaha... no.  If you really want to get rid of the Aerolith spell, request bob to wrap one of his belts around your needle and stab it into a tree.  Of course, if you get it disenchanted I would be perfectly willing to put a laser spell or something into your needle.”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 12, 2021, 06:54:50 pm »

Shore Team:Genesis, Speaker, Tess
To the boss guy.
"I think the only questions I have left for you are personal ones. Thank you for your time. Oh, is there a name we should use for you? I don't believe 'boss' quite works for us."
Visit the gutter, Thomas.
To Tess and Speaker:"I think our next step is to visit this gutter. 350 miles is a bit of a walk, after all. I suppose if the Magi wanted us there they'd have dropped us there. We can try to get a ride that way though, if you guys want. Might make it before the ship gets into trouble."((Genesis will simplify and speak slow and loud for Speaker when he inevitably mishears, as we walk to the gutter's place.))

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 12, 2021, 07:35:20 pm »

We’re going to visit a cutter with 350 mules and a bit of wall?  What do we expect to find there?  You still haven’t answered my question as to whether we’re looking for a rod of bounty, a rod of bounding, a rod of counting, or a ‘road of country’, and furthermore, you’re mumbling and mouthing your words again too! WHEN. I. TOLD YOU. NOT. TO!”, The Speaker says as he turns to Genesis and puts his hands on his hips, the look of anger and desperation easily apparent on his face.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 12, 2021, 07:45:15 pm »

”Hey speaker, would you mind asking my needle what the spell stored on it does? Or else ask the spell directly?”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 12, 2021, 07:54:53 pm »

”Hey speaker, would you mind asking my needle what the spell stored on it does? Or else ask the spell directly?”

The Speaker turns towards Luta.

You want me to ask your weed what pill store it came from?!! Also, please SPEAK. UP. AND. STOP. MOUTHING. YOUR. WORDS!  You’re doing the same thing as this guy!”, The Speaker says, pointing at Genesis.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 12, 2021, 09:45:23 pm »

get grey to put that maintain ability to breathe spell on me again and shout “ready to set sail”.
((In the future if you want anything from Grey, you can ask him/me instead of putting it in an action. It's not like PW has control over what Grey chooses to do.))

"I don't have anything important to do at the moment, so I'll grant your request. Just know that if I find anything more pressing to Maintain, I'll Maintain that instead of your breathing, so don't get carried away with it."

"Have you ever seen Homunculi before?"
"The boss is one. Aside from him, no."
This is moderately interesting, so Grey relays it to everyone his needle is linked to*, as well as anyone nearby. Those who are interested, anyways.

"So the captain just told me that his boss, the guy on the shore, is a Homunculi. I hadn't thought our employers were the kind who offered administration work to our likes."

*(Genesis, Debby, Bob, Youare, Tess, Luta, Lambent Flame)

Grey again Maintains Greed's ability to breathe and is ready to set sail, yarr.

Later Grey goes below decks to try and get whoever is in charge of the armory to give him a rifle, telling them he needs it for magical purposes.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:34:16 am by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 13, 2021, 12:17:18 am »

"He says he was granted freedom, whatever that means. I don't know if any of that matters to us, though i suppose it is nice to have a liaison with the mundane who is familiar with us and the kinds of things we can do. He seems to think you are in good hands with that Captain, too, so I guess my initial reservations about the guy were mistaken. We are still following some leads on shore, but one of them would take us 350 miles up north, so we might not get to that before things start to go down."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 13, 2021, 01:22:38 am »

"Granted freedom...I doubt it matters much but it gives us a little more insight into our situation. Let us know if you find out anything interesting."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 13, 2021, 01:30:12 am »

<snip>

This is moderately interesting, so Grey relays it to everyone his needle is linked to*, as well as anyone nearby. Those who are interested, anyways.

<snip>

((I don’t remember a remote communication mechanism being detailed (other than pulling on the threads which shouldn’t be able to convey very much meaning).  If anybody could please point me to a post where such a mechanism was detailed, it would be much appreciated.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 13, 2021, 01:42:45 am »

((probably best we don't. Speaker has enough problem with local communication. No sense digging that hole any deeper.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 13, 2021, 01:53:17 am »

((Also, is Luta -The Lupanian’s character- on the shore team or the boat team.  I may need to change one of my previous posts depending on the answer…))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #761 on: August 13, 2021, 02:03:15 am »

((I don’t remember a remote communication mechanism being detailed (other than pulling on the threads which shouldn’t be able to convey very much meaning).  If anybody could please point me to a post where such a mechanism was detailed, it would be much appreciated.))
((Is in the top half of this post.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #762 on: August 13, 2021, 02:21:02 am »

((Is in the top half of this post.))

((Ok.  Found the mechanism.  It appears to work by turning sound into magic, transporting it across a needle link, and then turning it back into sound.  If this is the case then The Speaker should still have trouble understanding.  Had it worked by transmitting directly into The Speaker’s head, he’d probably have been able to understand it.  The only question remaining is whether Luta is with the shore team -and thus physically near The Speaker and able to communicate directly-, or with the boat team -and therefore having to use the needles to communicate-.  Also, the way I read it, anything spoken into a needle is heard thru the needles of all persons whose needles are linked to it and only those needles.  I don’t think you can speak privately to another person if you’ve link to multiple people, and I don’t think a receiving needle relays conversations automatically to the other needles it’s linked with.  In this case, The Speaker would have heard Luta’s voice coming from Genesis’s needle. If that is the case, I’m going to have to edit The Speaker’s reply to Luta…))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 13, 2021, 03:27:29 am »

((Luta is on the Shore team))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 13, 2021, 03:39:51 am »

((Luta is on the Shore team))

((Ok.  No need to update The Speaker’s reply then.  Now to wait for either Luta or Genesis to reply to The Speaker…))
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 116