Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93209 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 1): Seven In The Lounge (7/7)
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2021, 01:32:03 pm »

@Jack:
You shouldn't mind me leaving a vote on you then if leaving yours on Vector is fine.

What do you think of Met? Town or mafia?

Please do, it actually makes me feel better about you.  For whatever its worth, I'm leaving my FOS on you until I get a chance to review your posts in-depth anyways. But suspecting me is part of your Town meta these days.

I'm really not sure on Met.  They're doing a good job hunting Vector, but I think they're hunting Vector just because Vector voted them.  They sort of dropped their case on Tric without a good reason other than to attack a player for voting them.  There is also the concern that they claim to be an experienced mafia player, yet their play doesn't seem to be experienced.  I really can't say at this time. I'm not sure why they're getting so much flak for being a Commuter though.  It sounds like something to claim early that can lead to confirmed Town, so I think the claim is a good one to make if true and if town.

Nothing to add based on Met's newest posts.  I've made FAR worse.
Your busy-ness is expected because I believe you said you had things to do at the end of the month, however your indecision on Met is suspicious. Where are the wild accusations of town!Jack? I'm going to read into your sedated state as more than it seems.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2021, 01:33:45 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of these jack posts, it feels like they lack any sort of real stance.
Ding ding ding! That's how I feel.

Who do you think mafia will gun for if they aren't capable of targeting you tonight?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2021, 01:48:08 pm »

@Jack:
You shouldn't mind me leaving a vote on you then if leaving yours on Vector is fine.

What do you think of Met? Town or mafia?

Please do, it actually makes me feel better about you.  For whatever its worth, I'm leaving my FOS on you until I get a chance to review your posts in-depth anyways. But suspecting me is part of your Town meta these days.

I'm really not sure on Met.  They're doing a good job hunting Vector, but I think they're hunting Vector just because Vector voted them.  They sort of dropped their case on Tric without a good reason other than to attack a player for voting them.  There is also the concern that they claim to be an experienced mafia player, yet their play doesn't seem to be experienced.  I really can't say at this time. I'm not sure why they're getting so much flak for being a Commuter though.  It sounds like something to claim early that can lead to confirmed Town, so I think the claim is a good one to make if true and if town.

Nothing to add based on Met's newest posts.  I've made FAR worse.
Your busy-ness is expected because I believe you said you had things to do at the end of the month, however your indecision on Met is suspicious. Where are the wild accusations of town!Jack? I'm going to read into your sedated state as more than it seems.

What you should be reading is that I don't know.  Also, Met is joining me in voting Vector, so I can't very well dump Met down the Scum drain should I chose to push on the Vector vote later on.  I learned that last game.

It's hard to develop a stance when I can't even find the time to hardly read the posts.  I'd like to throw up reads, but I don't even know what half of you are saying.

Eh fuck it.

Town:
Tric - Deferring to Toonyman on this one, as irregardless of Toonyman's alignment, I think they would confirm Tric as Town.
Toonyman - Suspecting me gives me a Town read on Toonyman
Who else is playing? I have no fucking clue. I mean, no offense, I just haven't the time.
Met - As above, good attack on Vector, but bad transition from Tric to Vector.  Or maybe I missed the post that explained it.
Vector - I don't have a Town Vector background to go on, but looks similar to scum play that I've seen.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2021, 01:48:45 pm »

Town to scum in descending order, obviously.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2021, 01:51:37 pm »

Oh yeah, Roden and NJW2000.  I like NJW2000's posts.  Don't like Roden's posts, but they remind me of Roden's town play, so null.  Throw them in the middle I guess.

Town:
Tric
Toonyman
NJW2000
Roden
Met
Vector

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2021, 02:00:20 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of these jack posts, it feels like they lack any sort of real stance.
Ding ding ding! That's how I feel.

Who do you think mafia will gun for if they aren't capable of targeting you tonight?
No clue, not worth thinking about. I'd rather see the flip and draw conclusions this way.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2021, 02:02:12 pm »

Met is joining me in voting Vector, so I can't very well dump Met down the Scum drain should I chose to push on the Vector vote later on.
Just because someone is on a wagon with you doesn't mean you share an alignment with them. While it is possible for there to be an all town wagon eliminating town this is exceedingly rare. It's a very safe assumption that there is always at least one scum on any wagon that eliminates town.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2021, 02:02:43 pm »

toony metruption roden townbloc? yeehaw!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2021, 02:04:31 pm »

Jack, a question. We have a claimed bulletproof, and a claimed commuter. 1 is outright immune to being targeted, and thus investigated. The other can't be killed normally.

In addition, those who target me, I'll know. So, taking your role into account, is this incredibly townsided, or balanced? Or is one of the two mafia?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2021, 02:08:35 pm »

Tric you are getting really hung up on something that won't matter tomorrow. Both the person who claimed bulletproof and the person who claimed commuter are town. Someone is going to target me with a role that can confirm I am a commuter and then we will have an easy time in yeetlo tomorrow. You should seek to elim outside of {Metruption,Roden} right now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2021, 02:15:17 pm »

Is this reverse psychology??

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2021, 02:19:27 pm »

Tric you are getting really hung up on something that won't matter tomorrow. Both the person who claimed bulletproof and the person who claimed commuter are town. Someone is going to target me with a role that can confirm I am a commuter and then we will have an easy time in yeetlo tomorrow. You should seek to elim outside of {Metruption,Roden} right now.

... You do know if someone dies to your partner... Actually, that's quite good for an ally. The Mafia says they target you last night and confirm you as the commuter. But they killed someone else. As opposed to people targeting me and me confirming their actions, something you can't actually do. And a town doing that gains what exactly? Just suspicion. A commuter roll is perfect for an ally, they can avoid being killed or found out, so our only recourse is to find scum instead.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2021, 02:21:31 pm »

... Yeetlo?

7 people. We hit 6, then 5. 1 more and we LOSE, not win. Why do you think it's that easy? Town targeting you gives you the perfect out along with Roden as a potential lynch. One thing to remember is your claim came after mine, not before.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2021, 02:34:57 pm »

Jack, a question. We have a claimed bulletproof, and a claimed commuter. 1 is outright immune to being targeted, and thus investigated. The other can't be killed normally.

In addition, those who target me, I'll know. So, taking your role into account, is this incredibly townsided, or balanced? Or is one of the two mafia?

I think I'll refrain from discussing my role at this time.  Bulletproof and Commuter could be powerful in LYLO.  They're not much now.  We really have no idea what else is out there.

Hm, if we're talking fakeclaims, we really should discuss fakeclaim of bulletproof versus fakeclaim of commuter by mafia.  Or maybe it already came up, my apologies.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2021, 02:41:31 pm »

... Yeetlo?

7 people. We hit 6, then 5. 1 more and we LOSE, not win. Why do you think it's that easy? Town targeting you gives you the perfect out along with Roden as a potential lynch. One thing to remember is your claim came after mine, not before.
Yeetlo. Yeet = eliminate
Yeelo = yeet correctly to not lose. Since MafiaScum stopped allowing the word lynch I've been calling them yeets and intead of lylo I write yeetlo now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 153