Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94396 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 1): Seven In The Lounge (7/7)
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2021, 06:58:48 pm »

For me, this leaves the following players as possible vote targets today:

1. Jack
2. Vector
3. NJW
4. Tric

I don't want to vote NJW or Tric today. This is the line I am following. It's Vector or Jack for me.

@TricMagic:
By the same vein, voting Jack is something I'd be fine with. Or, you know, just skipping the vote today. Been in favor of that, though wanted the info pressure and talk would bring.
Which players would you be okay with voting today? Do you think NJW is town?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2021, 07:02:14 pm »

Jack is yeetable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2021, 07:05:40 pm »

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2021, 07:31:05 pm »

Vector's ISO has them at odds with Jack, which could be distancing since their argument was short lived and didn't go anywhere. Jack also has Vector at the bottom of his reads list. I don't think anyone has a positive read on Jack besides NJW at this point though.

I don't think Jack has claimed yet, I'd rather he do that first before we decide to vote him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2021, 07:33:33 pm »

NJW and I have claimed active abilities that can target. I don't believe Vector or Jack have claimed anything.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2021, 08:20:03 pm »

By the same vein, voting Jack is something I'd be fine with. Or, you know, just skipping the vote today. Been in favor of that, though wanted the info pressure and talk would bring.
Hadn't really considered the possibility, but not a fan of not killing anyone today. It may not be that bad a plan numerically... I'm just very uncertain that we'll have better info tomorrow.

Ok, as nobody else is interested in voting Roden, I'm going to go ahead and vote Metruption, just in case people decide against the EuchreJack or Vector lynches that currently seem to be developing. Reasoning for this is here, my stance hasn't changed since that post.

Note that this puts us AT HAMMER, so anyone hopping on that wagon instantly lynches (making them a prime suspect, so don't do this unless you want people angry and voting you tomorrow).

Tric has a fair bit of control over whether or not that lynch works out, so I shouldn't be threatening people with a nolynch by doing this. I will not be changing this vote unless there's an extremely unexpected extension, because I really need to go to bed and the day will probably be over when I wake up.

Goodnight.
One wheel short of a wagon

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2021, 08:40:07 pm »

Vector's ISO has them at odds with Jack, which could be distancing since their argument was short lived and didn't go anywhere. Jack also has Vector at the bottom of his reads list. I don't think anyone has a positive read on Jack besides NJW at this point though.

I don't think Jack has claimed yet, I'd rather he do that first before we decide to vote him.
how do I view an iso on this forum?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2021, 08:40:33 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2021, 08:42:44 pm »

Goodnight.
So that's the answer? Lynch one of the claimed unkillables and hope the other is town? Or, if Met flips town are you going to push for Roden tomorrow? How does that help us?

Mechanically, wouldn't Roden be a better pick over the two since we could at least confirm info off of Met? I know you want Roden first, but I don't agree with having Roden or Met as our vote candidates on D1 in the first place.

I'll retract these statements if Met does flip mafia or mafia-ally, and this does make Roden look very good, but I am not optimistic.

For Met:
I believe they're telling the truth about being able to self-hide, which is another reason I don't think they're mafia. They could be mafia-ally though.

For Roden:
I believe he is telling the truth about being Bulletproof, the claim looked very natural. I think their alignment is more unclear than Met's which is why I put them below Met currently, but I would only deliberate over this situation much harder if it was lylo.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2021, 08:44:31 pm »

Jack is yeetable
How yeetable?
I would yeet jack if I couldn't yeet vector
I'm not voting Vector, vote Jack with me.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2021, 08:45:13 pm »

I vote jack

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2021, 10:40:59 pm »

I'm not going to be awake for day end so that's what I have to say on that. I'll be leaving my vote on Jack.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2021, 12:24:27 am »

VOTE: EuchreJack

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2021, 12:27:44 am »

No ties

Vote Metruption

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2021, 12:58:13 am »

Hammertime.

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (0):
TricMagic (0):
EuchreJack (3): ToonyMan, Metruption, Roden
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
Metruption (4): Vector, TricMagic, NJW2000, EuchreJack

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (0):
4 to hammer.

In the end it was a hot debate over whether EuchreJack was a mole within WUBA-Inc, or was it rather Metruption. In the end by bare margins, Metruption was decided to be the more likely traitor. The execution was swift, that much mercy could be given.

In truth, the decision was wrong.

Metruption was Town.

A detailed search of their possessions revealed that they had a very investigative specialty, one that would now go to waste.

1-Shot Cop (town):
(1-Shot, Night) Investigate [target]: You investigate your target’s private belongings, and learn their alignment (Town, Mafia, or Mafia-Ally). You only have enough forensics equipment to do this once, however.

The clock chimed midnight. The bell tolled, time ground on, and the lights flickered out one, by one.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 1 AM Thursday, Central time, or when I receive all Night actions and am able to process them. If you are unable to or choose not to act, please send me a PM with something like 'No action' to make my processing smoother and faster.

(Final note: I'm making the executive decision to not have a deadchat for this particular game, as it would need to be separate for each of the five rounds, and furthermore, there's just not that much time to make use of it.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 153