Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 95032 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 2): A Pentagon is Perceived (5/7)
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2021, 02:43:58 pm »

Why would I get voted tomorrow if Jack flips red?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2021, 02:52:11 pm »

If he flips green, not red. That said, day is over. I noted that the other possibility is a NJW/Vector team earlier. Vector couldn't have done the kill, and Vector would confirm NJW's action or deny it. Note he didn't. (We are likely to come to blows if there is a tomorrow. We're the only suspects.)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2021, 03:04:09 pm »

On a green Jack flip it's just a scum win I think. If we don't lose, then tonight Met should delay whoever he thinks is the final scum. But I'm pretty sure it's just Vector.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2021, 03:20:54 pm »

What
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2021, 03:56:33 pm »

Hammertime.

Quote from: Votecount
Roden (0):
TricMagic (0):
EuchreJack (3): Roden, TricMagic, EuchreJack
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (2): NJW2000, Vector
3 to hammer.

Roden and TricMagic turned their eyes towards EuchreJack, who seemed to panic. He turned and ran - right into a window, which shattered upon the high-speed impact. Out the hotel he went, plummeting to his doom.

Well then.

Fortunately there was enough evidence in his bedroom to make the truth clear enough. The firearms, and a dead, buzzing radio. He can't have been alone.

EuchreJack was Mafia.

Furthermore, a more thorough search ended up discovering a small box with several chemical vials - seemingly sedatives. Jack's specialty is made clear as well.

Non-Consecutive Roleblocker (mafia):

(Night) Roleblock [target]: You knock out your target with a sleeping drug, blocking that player’s action tonight, preventing it entirely. They are given an ‘action failed’ result.
(Auto) Non-Consecutive: Due to your target potentially developing a tolerance to your drugs, you cannot affect the same player two Nights in a row.

But there was no more time to do anything more, as the night fell.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end at 4 PM Central time, Saturday - or when all needed Night actions have been sent and there's time to process them.

FallacyofUrist: would you be willing to consider an extension, given there are 12 hours left and Vector hasn't actually had a chance to play?
Welp. Would also like an extension. I'm interested in Vector's claim, if she's going to make one.
Well, yes, I'd be willing to consider one at that point, but as it turns out that's kinda irrelevant, haha. Can't extend past a hammer.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Night 2): Vile Chemistry Uncovered (4/7)
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2021, 11:34:28 am »

Four left the lounge, and four now returned to the lounge, though the place was hardly comfortable anymore. The survivors looked at each other with now-wary glares. What would happen next?

Quote from: Votecount
Roden (0):
TricMagic (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (4): Roden, TricMagic, NJW2000, Vector
3 to hammer.

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end at noon, Tuesday, Central time (approximately 48 hours from now) - or upon a hammer.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 3): Four Wary Glances (4/7)
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2021, 11:48:30 am »

Interesting trick. For me, that leaves Vector, and NJW2000. Vector, you had better have a very good explanation today. No one else say anything till then, he has some days worth of explaining to do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2021, 12:41:09 pm »

I'm a one-shot rolecop, which is how I knew Euchre was lying. On D1 I copped Roden and can now confirm that they are a one-shot bulletproof.

Last night, I obviously couldn't do anything, so I none'd.

I can conclude from this I guess that:

1. Roden was at least not lying about their role, which lends some credence to the suggestion that they are town.
2. NJW is at least a 1-shot delayer, given that I was indeed delayed (not just RBed).
3. No one has confirmed Tric yet.
4. It is possible that the Mafia: None'd, took another action, or had a delayed NK last night. If the NK was delayed then this is possibly actually LYLO, not MELO.

NJW, who did you delay last night?

I want to reread the thread for Tric/Euchre interactions ... I have to work now tho.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2021, 01:07:58 pm »

NJW, who did you delay last night?

You, so...

Pfp but y'all get the picture. Careful with votes obviously, hammer poss.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2021, 01:54:40 pm »

On a green Jack flip it's just a scum win I think. If we don't lose, then tonight Met should delay whoever he thinks is the final scum. But I'm pretty sure it's just Vector.
What
I said the wrong name again there, sorry.

Pretty sure we just vote Vector here lol. I didn't believe it when Jack said he checked me, and I have no reason to believe Vector would choose to check me either when I was the only person to full claim and Tric was literally asking to be targeted.

Posting from class, need an extension.

Pretty sure Euchre is scum given that townie role cop + cop doesn’t make a lot of sense for game balance. I’m sure enough on this that I’m good to hammer when the time comes, but would like to hear discussion on this point first.
Also, this just reads as self-incriminating now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2021, 02:22:19 pm »

Pretty much.. As it stands, the only options to vote for me are Vector, or NJW. Can't skip the day given if it's NJW it's game. If it's Vector we should be voting him anyway.

Checks start of day 1. Anyway Vector, you are going to need to present a case against me. I have made no secret of my ability to see who visits me. No one did last night.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 1): Seven In The Lounge (7/7)
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2021, 02:25:20 pm »

I'll vote Vector, is Tric worth killing N1?

If I had a fairly good sense that this would mean that a. we wouldn't have to LYLO with Tric and b. it was unlikely to end the game D1: yes. No LuckyOwl means that Tric has become prime PoE real estate.

Heh. Well, now's the time. Let's see what you got Vector.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2021, 03:31:27 pm »

If Vector is not mafia, then mafia must have done nothing yesterday, or hit bulletproof Roden. In that case, either Roden is bulletproof mafia or Tric is mafia. Bulletproof mafia would be weird in this setup, and Tric is fairly townlock given yesterday, afaic.

Here's the thing.
If Vector is mafia and they were delayed, then the kill happens tonight most likely, so town loses if we lynched someone else.
Otherwise, if Vector is not mafia, if we mislynch them today, then there's still a chance of delaying the kill and winning tomorrow.

So... Vector is looking like a very logical choice.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2021, 04:37:46 pm »

If Vector is not mafia, Roden is bulletproof in a setup without town bullets. If I'm locktown, then that means you are the most likely. There won't BE a delay tomorrow then.

That said, your post is made from your assumption you are town, so.. I'm still kina annoyed though, given I want Vector to give his case against me.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2021, 07:06:51 pm »

If Vector is not mafia, Roden is bulletproof in a setup without town bullets. If I'm locktown, then that means you are the most likely. There won't BE a delay tomorrow then.

That said, your post is made from your assumption you are town, so.. I'm still kina annoyed though, given I want Vector to give his case against me.
Well, yeah, that post was made from my perspective. From your perspective, assuming you're town... the above reasoning doesn't work unless you believe I'm a town delayer and are trying to decide between lynching Vector or Roden. Which isn't where you're at. Nonetheless, it explains why I'll most likely be voting Vector. Willing to wait for them to give a case or something though.

Also lets try to use they/them/theirs for Vector - I think that's preferred.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 153