Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94454 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #285 on: October 07, 2021, 01:27:00 pm »

.... Fine, I can redirect someone's action to me. Kinda a weak man's doctor. Especially since it's a one-shot. You happy Vector? And what's with the talk against Jack anyway?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2021, 01:34:21 pm »

It's an excellent point Vector,  Tric fucking loves claiming his PR on D1 as town without being pushed into it at all. Your mentioning of him claiming Knight (truthfully) in Supernatural on D1 brings my brain to a boil.

.... Fine, I can redirect someone's action to me. Kinda a weak man's doctor. Especially since it's a one-shot. You happy Vector? And what's with the talk against Jack anyway?
Are you only just a psychologist?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 07, 2021, 01:39:57 pm »

Yes. Kinda wanted to use it to redirect the kill onto me later. And if I ended up surviving I'd know who didn't perform the kill, and the one I redirected would also know that. Which helps to narrow things down to who did.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 07, 2021, 01:49:18 pm »

Surprisingly similar to your last round's ability albeit in a different way. I think you're being honest here. Which means that only some of us have stated public professions.

My ability is also one-shot and easily confirmable. I was thinking to target someone right before day end since I feel like mafia will just want to kill me N1 again and I'm selfish enough to want to actually take someone out myself. I had a 100% mafia read rate last round after all.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 07, 2021, 02:13:59 pm »

The flavor role is actually what I was trying to get Met to reveal last game. When I was Bulletproof, my profession was that I used to be a bodyguard and kept the vest. This time I used to be a private investigator for trashy TV shows.

I kind of agree with Vector that Tric's tone seems different this game. It could be because his role is less powerful than time around. Redirection kind of sounds like a scum ability too, but so did Delayer and that ended up being a town role. Idk how much you everyone is into set up spec but it kind of feels like town is being given scummy roles as red herrings while scum is being given townie roles as safe claims. Which makes sense to avoid having mass claims easily put a spotlight on both scum.

Also, @Tric: I think saving the day kill for tomorrow might be optimal. But, why would you claim it today if you weren't sure if you were going to use it yet?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 07, 2021, 02:14:39 pm »

Not Tric, I meant Toony. Sorry, I keep screwing up names.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 07, 2021, 02:28:52 pm »

Because people aren't posting as much as I'd like. Maybe the fear of dying by my hand will bring people in.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 07, 2021, 02:41:03 pm »

Fair point. I can't really tell you who to shoot but I at least heavily recommend against shooting Jack, their tone has been fairly town. And I doubt scum would have a day kill so it would essentially confirm you as town if you did shoot someone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2021, 02:55:13 pm »

@FallacyofUrist: Pokey Met sometime please?

Also, should Met be town and not post, we'd have to consider policy lynching Met instead of more interesting suspects.  Not opposed to the extension.
I'll prod them. If they show up, no problem. If they don't show up by day end, I'll replace them with someone - I already have someone lined up for the position. (And then I'll do a 24 hour extension for the sake of the replacement.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2021, 03:09:33 pm »

Fair point. I can't really tell you who to shoot but I at least heavily recommend against shooting Jack, their tone has been fairly town. And I doubt scum would have a day kill so it would essentially confirm you as town if you did shoot someone.

Thanks Roden.  It looks like I'm not on Toonyman's "People to shoot" list this round.

But...how do we know that Toonyman's daykill is Town-aligned?  Maybe FOU gave the mafia a daykill?

Hey Roden, who do you think is mafia? Failure to answer is Treason, punishable by Summary Execution under Friend Computer Toonyman's Day Laser, apparently.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2021, 03:12:48 pm »

I wish you had said that at the beginning, as Psychologist is a completely different ability on Mafia Wiki.
When you redirect, does that kill you if it was the Night Kill?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2021, 03:18:39 pm »

Which means that only some of us have stated public professions.

I think most of us aren't bothering to quote stuff from the flavor text.  My Role is an official one, with matching ability.

How close are you to Reads List territory?  I've got to sit back and reread a bit before I post mine.

Among those whom have posted, but I'm really unsure about, I'd put Vector at the top of that list.  Good posts, but not alignment indicative.

@FallacyofUrist: Could we get a vote count?  Also thanks for being on top of the pokeable player situation!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2021, 03:20:32 pm »

I wish you had said that at the beginning, as Psychologist is a completely different ability on Mafia Wiki.
When you redirect, does that kill you if it was the Night Kill?
Yep, actions end up targeting me. So a night kill would kill me.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2021, 03:25:47 pm »

Thanks Roden.  It looks like I'm not on Toonyman's "People to shoot" list this round.

But...how do we know that Toonyman's daykill is Town-aligned?  Maybe FOU gave the mafia a daykill?

Hey Roden, who do you think is mafia? Failure to answer is Treason, punishable by Summary Execution under Friend Computer Toonyman's Day Laser, apparently.
No problem.

If mafia have a day kill then there's no way they also have night kills, especially in a seven player set up. I think that's only possible with one scum, which in that case Toony would essentially just be a rampaging Serial Killer. Day kill would also most likely be gated, such as being unable to do it in an endgame scenario. But then again, in that case why would Toony essentially scum claim? It would be ballsy as hell to admit they have a day kill as scum.

Before Tric's claim I would've said probably him, but Vector feels like a safer bet. They haven't posted much besides just being contrarian to a proposed strategy and sussing Tric. I think their suspicion on Tric is fair, since I noticed the tone thing as well, but again, there's just not much else content to look at there.

NJW only has one post but it was a pretty meaty wall post at least. I'd like more from them as well but I don't have any suspicions there as of right now.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 07, 2021, 03:28:11 pm »

Actually Vector and Tric could be distancing. I was about to say their interactions weren't scum vs scum but Day 1 distancing is really easy to do, especially since no one usually feels like they have to commit to have a vote.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 153