Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94421 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2021, 06:03:51 pm »

@Tric: You can't use Red unless you want to vote someone, which could be hammered ending discussion.  Since we can't rely on Toonyman being democratic, the execution suggestion is stronger than a FOS.  I obviously don't want "anyone" to die, I explicitly pleaded with Toonyman not to kill Met.

@Toonyman: Met's one post was just a greeting, and frankly I'd like to welcome another mafia player rather than scare them off.
First you must engage the person to join the conversation, THEN you scare them into spilling their guts.  But you know that, you're a decent interrogator/investigator.

Hm, if daykilling NJW200 is a "bad' idea, then what about Vector?I can't bold my targets, since I try to bold my responses, as to others I'm getting a Null read, which is normal mafia!Vector behavior.  And look at how much trouble Vector as mafia gave town last round, when Town basically had the game "Won" with all the info needed.

Town will need time to mentally process the day kill, but the longer the delay the more the information.  I trust Toonyman's judgement in this area.

@Roden: How does your No-Lynch strategy unfold should Toonyman "hits" mafia? Or what if Toonyman "hits" Town?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2021, 07:02:30 pm »

If Toony shoots scum, we should definitely vote today. But if he hits town, we can't vote. If Toony misfires and then we mislynch, scum wins by shooting town tonight unless a protective role comes in clutch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2021, 07:08:25 pm »

If Toony shoots scum, we should definitely vote today. But if he hits town, we can't vote. If Toony misfires and then we mislynch, scum wins by shooting town tonight unless a protective role comes in clutch.
Roden.. Just a question. Why do you assume there are two mafia? What applies to one game may not apply to the other.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2021, 07:38:07 pm »

@Roden: Should a roleblocker claim?

I think I can post a reads list now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 07, 2021, 07:53:47 pm »

Roden.. Just a question. Why do you assume there are two mafia? What applies to one game may not apply to the other.
I will always assume two mafia. I've suggested there could be a Serial Killer scenario, but without proof it's always safer to assume two mafia so that we don't accidentally endgame ourselves Day 1.

@Roden: Should a roleblocker claim?
Last Roleblocker was scum, so they can go ahead lol. If a town Roleblocker exists I'd be really confused.

Since you scum read me, do you not believe my Tracker claim? I could target you tonight to prove it, if you have an active ability.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2021, 07:59:47 pm »

This is just an aside, but I haven't actually seen Toony's scum play yet, and every game I'm wondering if this is gonna be the one even though I'm not really noticing any differences in his playstyle.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2021, 08:01:47 pm »

tl;dr: I imagine Toony is going to provide town some information by the end of the day.

@Vector: Last game, as mafia, you didn't claim D1, held your vote on one person the whole day,  and mildly FoS'd your scumbuddy. So far in this game you've held your vote on one person and not claimed. I don't really know your playstyle. If your alignment is different this game, is there going to be a difference between your D1s that indicates that?
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2021, 08:09:08 pm »

This is just an aside, but I haven't actually seen Toony's scum play yet, and every game I'm wondering if this is gonna be the one even though I'm not really noticing any differences in his playstyle.
You and me both, bro.  You and me both.
And sure, feel free to follow me around during the night phase.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2021, 08:17:49 pm »

@Tric:
You don't think there's two mafia Tric? I think it has to be that or one mafia + one mafia-ally.

@Roden:
Hehehe, I feel the same about you Roden.

Although you do have the advantage on me in the form of past games. I've been mafia a couple times this year, but only once in a significant game: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2. That's seriously it. I'll be a bit miffed if I don't roll mafia a single time in these rounds.

Reads

Roden - town as fuck
Jack - mega town

Vector - I don't knooow
Met - "why are there many rounds?"

Tric - suspicious
NJW - bullseye

Met are you able to play additional rounds? I want an extension at this point.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2021, 08:52:05 pm »

Met are you able to play additional rounds? I want an extension at this point.

@FallacyofUrist: Agree with Toonyman on this.  Its unfair to not grant one at this point.  A single 24 hours due to the misunderstanding would be fair.

Also, I consider it a personal victory to obtain Mega Town without resorting to Drunk Posting.  It does however set the bar high when I invariably roll mafia in the future.

Now to re-read NJW2000's post to see how they progressed from "Bad Reasons to shoot" into "Bullseye".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 07, 2021, 08:55:49 pm »

@Vector: Last game, as mafia, you didn't claim D1, held your vote on one person the whole day,  and mildly FoS'd your scumbuddy. So far in this game you've held your vote on one person and not claimed. I don't really know your playstyle. If your alignment is different this game, is there going to be a difference between your D1s that indicates that?

Ah, hypocrisy.  NJW2000 is doing the same thing they're accusing Vector of doing.  Hasn't claimed D1, is holding their vote on Roden the whole day, and hopefully FoS'd their scumbuddy.  An attractive target indeed.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 08, 2021, 12:08:23 am »

okay gonna put on clothes, eat some chocolate, and catch up read

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 08, 2021, 12:12:44 am »

I'd be more impressed if you actually explained mathematically whether or not it would be good for Town to No-Lynch under a standard 7 player scenario.

in 5v2 you absolutely want to yeet every time
if you don't yeet the it's 4v2 next day which means you either yeet correctly (which is harder to do than in 3v2 because more townies to hit) so you can choose to not yeet and then give scum another night kill. just having the wagon analysis is so nice

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 08, 2021, 12:22:28 am »

Must...not...vote...Roden...must...let...other...players...post.  :-X

Public Service Announcement: With 4 to hammer this round, and one vote on Roden, another vote means the 2-person scum team we saw last round would have the votes to hammer Roden.  Keep this in mind and vote responsibly.  Thank you!
i hope they do something like that so that we know who they are lol

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 08, 2021, 12:33:47 am »

I don't like jack's play. It's similar to last game but instead of never taking a real stance this game jack is taking many weak stances. NJW seems like a player I will have difficulty reading. Ultimately I'll have to do some kind of agenda meta analysis. The way Tric tunnels on roden is notable

who claimed psychologist and then said they were actually a redirector? that's policy yeetable tbh
also biologist is not really related to psychology. like maybe one could argue that psychology is a form of biology but if someone wants to get that pedantic then i will remind them that literally everything is just applied set theory
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 153