Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94442 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #360 on: October 08, 2021, 06:09:24 pm »

In case of mafia kill, it tells that I couldn't do it. Those without any claims when a kill happens would have to make one up, but mine is confirmable. It doesn't completely clear me though if there are two.

Well, it's an honest answer, and since it is both confirm-able and changes the night phase, it could help town regardless of your alignment.
I'd suggest keeping you around till Day 2 at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 08, 2021, 06:20:58 pm »

Vote analysis time:
Met is voting me
Tric is voting me
NJW2000 is inclined to vote me
Vector is likely to vote me once they read my posts about them

If I vote NJW2000, they are likely to vote me.

It's bad, and likely my fault in many ways.  I'm tired, should grab some sleep, and might be hammered.  So I am going to claim, although it's probably better if I don't overall.

I am a Jailer.  I both roleblock and protect one player each night.  It should be relatively obvious D2 that I'm telling the truth.  I'm probably now the preferred Nightkill, but I have at least some chance of stopping it without outside assistance.

I believe this also means Roden is now confirmed Town, by my earlier and more awake logic.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 08, 2021, 06:28:42 pm »

Jack you shouldn't have claimed that, I don't think you're in any danger of being voted off today and you're probably the only doctor of this setup. Although it does make the mafia's choices more difficult if I don't use my shot today as I have a lylo breaker and you can easily stop a nightkill.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 08, 2021, 06:31:46 pm »

Also means Toony has a way to survive tonight if Jack is telling the truth.. Sorta inclined to believe him.

Unvote

Still leaves the question of who to vote though. (The day1 claim meta is also slightly concerning for when I'm mafia. Likely to roll it at least once. Good here though, hopefully.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2021, 06:37:38 pm »

In terms of my final decision making for today...

I'll be shooting NJW or Tric if the lynch isn't one of them today so.

If the lynch is one of them I might still kill the other or Met during end phase, not sure right now.

PPE:
Also means Toony has a way to survive tonight if Jack is telling the truth.. Sorta inclined to believe him.

I would hope so, your statements gave the impression you wanted the doctor to out themselves:

Turning this on it's head. Do mafia have a nightkill? We have a lot of roles that can mess with things so far. Vector isn't talking, and you bring this out an ask who we want dead. Even though...
Hmm. Do we have a doctor or not is my question. Right now we have a redirect, a track, and vig. Of the remaining, if two are mafia alligned. Granted, one of us could be.. Are you attempting to draw the doctor to target you?
... Not that that makes sense with the idea there is no mafia kill, but still. Perhaps as an ally. (Not enough info here. Day 2 gives a lot more based on what happens at night.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 08, 2021, 06:44:40 pm »

For some clarity, my daykill only pops at the same time the lynch happens. We can't flip someone and then decide on someone else the same day. It'll be simultaneous. I guess it's for game balance.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 08, 2021, 06:45:36 pm »

Thanks Tric.

Vote NJW2000

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 08, 2021, 06:57:08 pm »

I have some posts I need to respond to still so I'll get to that later tonight.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 08, 2021, 06:59:45 pm »

So dead either way. Yeah, no ToonyMan, I don't buy it. This is the first I've heard of it occurring and day end. And that's important information. I don't mind dying if I take you out.

Seriously, you left us with the impression we'd have discussion time, but it occurring at day end changes the narrative entirely. That makes it closer to a Mafia breaker than a town-aligned breaker.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 08, 2021, 07:00:56 pm »

Put more simply under normal usage it could turn what could be room for error into our loss. And the only case it works for town is at the end where there are three left and you are town. Or SK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2021, 07:07:31 pm »

... Please tell me the team today isn't Toony/Jack?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 08, 2021, 07:11:57 pm »

1 Lynched, 1 dead, and another dead. That brings the numbers down to 4, meaning a mafia win. Taking out an unknown(NJW), jailing/roleblocking another(Vector) and the Tracker not able to stop them. So Meta is the only one who can stop them in that case. Or the other way around with Vector being the only one who can.

This is not good..

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 08, 2021, 08:09:26 pm »

@EuchreJack: how likely do you consider the possibility that Roden is a mafia tracker?
Next to nil, but I like considering the nearly impossible.

I'd be happier seeing Toonyman shoot you or Roden right now, although I want to see what else Met does before that happens.

@NJW2000: Considering that Toonyman gets to take the shot, and is apparently convinced both Roden and I are town, whom is your third choice?
OK, so you think the chance of a mafia tracker is next to nil, and that explains a hard townread. Glad that's cleared up.

I don't really know who my third choice is. I've picked out who I think is the scumteam, who else is there? Can't ask Toony to shoot themselves, don't want them to shoot me, that leaves Tric, Met and Vector. Tric is pretty hard to read, Vector is right that I can't read them because I've literally never seen them play a game this decade where their D1 couldn't be summed up as "here's some reads, I'm better than y'all at mafia but don't have time to post because I'm doing a masters", and Met has about six sentences of actual content. So honestly no idea.

What's the agenda with this question, Jack? You honestly think Toony is going to let us vote on who he shoots?

For some clarity, my daykill only pops at the same time the lynch happens. We can't flip someone and then decide on someone else the same day. It'll be simultaneous. I guess it's for game balance.
Could have mentioned that. Does it still proc if we lynch you?
One wheel short of a wagon

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 08, 2021, 08:21:32 pm »

That's not a day kill lol. This changes everything, it's way less safe than an actual day kill if it's conditional on there being an elimination.

Can you tell us the name of your role? And does your day kill count as an actual Vig shot or is it technically a second lynch?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 08, 2021, 08:55:46 pm »

NJW
i would expect town!njw to respond to tric pointing out the logical leaps made by now, especially considering njw has posted since then and responded to something else entirely. my guess is that the badlogic was a genuine scumslip and njw just ignoring it, and hoping people forget about it

the right thing to do when you scumslip is explain how it isn't a scumslip and then win the game off of it with charisma by getting all of your detractors yeeted
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 153