Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94369 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 2): Searching In The Light
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2021, 06:51:54 pm »

What if mafia got a watcher, and NJW is scumbuddies with the watcher?  The scumbuddy says "I saw NJW, Tric, and EJ visit Toonyman".
Then NJW reports 66% truthfully.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 10, 2021, 06:54:34 pm »

Tric I strongly recommend in future games not to admit being lovers in case mafia wasn't the one that did that to us, although in this case it's extremely unlikely likely given that NJW's claim is 99% true which means either Tric or Jack is STILL lying about their night action making people lovers. Aka one of them is mafia and made me and Tric lovers.
Edit after posting.

The plan of Toonyman poisoning Tric and the town lynching me is crazy, because we might all three be town
Nope. Only two people targeted me last night according to NJW. Either you or Tric gave me lovers status with Tric which means one of you is still lying. The only other possibility is that NJW truly did watch me, but is also withholding a third player that targeted me, which would make NJW mafia partners with this third player. That's not something I believe right now, but we can talk about it moving forward.

PPE:
What if mafia got a watcher, and NJW is scumbuddies with the watcher?  The scumbuddy says "I saw NJW, Tric, and EJ visit Toonyman".
Yes that is a possible argument. Who would be NJW's partner? Roden, Met, or Vector?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 10, 2021, 06:59:29 pm »

Yes that is a possible argument. Who would be NJW's partner? Roden, Met, or Vector?

With that argument, Roden.  It would be close to Roden's claim of tracker, and explain why NJW posted their watcher claim BEFORE Roden, who claimed tracker and was their Prime scum suspect all day 1.

Although, it might make more sense for the "mafia kill - Infect two with lovers" to also have a watcher ability tagged onto it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2021, 07:05:09 pm »

EuchreJack

Nobody else dies if I die, and Toonyman can keep his poison for another day.  Although losing one townie for no gain is stupid, its better than risking the loss of three.  Town can still win with two dead townies.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2021, 07:08:30 pm »

.. If we go with Jack being the Mafia(or me), then it might not be best if we know what the other two did. Then again, it could be helpful. I err on the side of not knowing what they can do, since that means Mafia won't either.

On the other hand, NJW is Mafia. That means we either have a Watcher/Tracker team, since claiming you can track and confirm Jack would be stupid if you couldn't. Or it's one of the other two.

Alternatively, Ninja. But given the roles involved? We'd have a Jailkeep who has no kill to protect from, two information roles, and a redirector. On top of Toony's Poison. And Lover in play. That's too crazy, but if true we'd need charts to track everything.

Looking at things, I can hope they could clear it up(they being Vector/Met). Met might be a vig, in which case we could save the poison kill. Hence him considering it 'death heavy'. With Lover that would certainly track.

With that argument, Roden.  It would be close to Roden's claim of tracker, and explain why NJW posted their watcher claim BEFORE Roden, who claimed tracker and was their Prime scum suspect all day 1.

Although, it might make more sense for the "mafia kill - Infect two with lovers" to also have a watcher ability tagged onto it.
That's also a possibility.

... Jack, please Unvote? Well, Unvote. If there is a town vig in play, we could solve this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2021, 07:14:05 pm »

UNVOTE

... Jack, please Unvote? Well, Unvote. If there is a town vig in play, we could solve this.

OK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2021, 07:14:21 pm »

Hypothesis:
Mafia didn't perform a mafiakill last night.

Evidence:
Nobody died, from my POV the only possibility a kill would have happened but failed would be if mafia tried to kill me and Jack protected it, but NJW's claim counters this unless exactly Tric is the would-be killer. In addition, mafia should attempt to kill Jack here every time as they are the doctor. Not me.

Speculation:
Mafia making two town players lovers, but also not killing anyone that night sounds reasonably balanced for this setup.

EuchreJack
Stop. We can talk through this.

Looking at things, I can hope they could clear it up(they being Vector/Met). Met might be a vig, in which case we could save the poison kill. Hence him considering it 'death heavy'. With Lover that would certainly track.
This is a reasonable conclusion. Met also asked for a tracker to follow them N2 to confirm them which makes me think Met could be a N2+ one-shot vig or something.

I'm starting to get a picture of this setup. Maybe FoU gave town a bunch of ways to kill while mafia are trying to make town self-destruct each other with their abilities?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2021, 07:16:11 pm »

Evidence:
Nobody died, from my POV the only possibility a kill would have happened but failed would be if mafia tried to kill me and Jack protected it, but NJW's claim counters this unless exactly Tric is the would-be killer. In addition, mafia should attempt to kill Jack here every time as they are the doctor. Not me.
Or if the killer was a third unknown player that NJW was withholding, but again why try to kill me when it was clear Jack would "jailkeep" me?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2021, 07:19:31 pm »

I'm getting the impression this is Dwarf Fortress Mafia, complete with Lovers causing the Fortress population to implode on itself.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 10, 2021, 07:22:47 pm »

Why are we assuming that Lover-infector had to visit Toonyman?  Why not have it trigger on visiting Tric instead? Or why require the visitation at all?
Maybe it was pick at start, pick at day 1, pick at night.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2021, 07:24:15 pm »

...I'm a bit worried it might just be like a population implosion in DF, wherein the lovers add one each night.  So its only you two tonight, but it increases until one wrong vote/kill eliminates us all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 10, 2021, 07:26:41 pm »

Why are we assuming that Lover-infector had to visit Toonyman?  Why not have it trigger on visiting Tric instead? Or why require the visitation at all?
Maybe it was pick at start, pick at day 1, pick at night.
You would be informed during the day if something happened to you. I wasn't informed of anything during Day 1. It wasn't a day ability.

For the other point, it's possible the Lover status could have transferred from Tric over to me, but in that case why weren't you struck with Lover sickness Jack?

Neither of these cases work.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 10, 2021, 07:35:04 pm »

For the other point, it's possible the Lover status could have transferred from Tric over to me, but in that case why weren't you struck with Lover sickness Jack?

It's Lover, not AIDS.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 10, 2021, 07:42:42 pm »

Nah, in my opinion the mafia have a role called One-Shot Lovers Magic [target 1], [target 2] or something. It can't be a town role as nobody has owned up to doing it. I claimed to have done nothing. NJW claims to have watched me (with supporting evidence), Tric claims to have redirected myself onto Jack, and Jack claims to have jailkeeped me.

They simply targeted me and Tric and forgoed their kill if they even have one.

Or in the case of Tric being the mafia: Tric targeted me and made themselves lovers with me during N1, which seems like a very weak ability if they aren't able to mafiakill.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 10, 2021, 07:50:34 pm »

Assuming that Toonyman, TricMagic, EuchreJack, and NJW are town, the ideal strategy would be to have NJW2000 declare that he will be watching one person, while I declare that I'm roleblocking/doctoring the other, thus turning the twofer kill into mafia having to kill either myself or NJW2000.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 153