Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94410 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 3): There Is No Soup Store For Truth
« Reply #585 on: October 14, 2021, 07:48:55 am »

That means the Ninja has to be either Met or Vector. The final proof of which is that even though you were asked to Watch Tric, scum still confidently targeted him with the Lovers mechanic. There's just too much pointing to this being the truth, and I'd appreciate it if you took a minute stop tunneling me to realize that this is a legitimate logical conclusion.

Roden. How did you know I was targeted before I posted that information?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 14, 2021, 08:01:18 am »

K.. Reading over some of the things posted. Did NJW really do nothing last night? And why does Toony note that if I don't die I'm sus? At this point the only one that seems able to kill is you. And it says Execution.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 14, 2021, 08:12:37 am »

Also, I really am not used to it ending during the day. Was a bit sick so I lay down and played video games. Then you come in and tie things on my vote. You're either really confident or saving your partner. Night.
This appeared to be addressed to me, although it's pretty hard to tell. I didn't tie things yesterday. EuchreJack did, saving himself.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 14, 2021, 08:28:53 am »

How about this, I poison Tric and we execute Roden today.

During N3 Jack will jailkeep Tric.

Tric will die at the end of D4 and this should be a loophole because it specifically says he needs to die by execution for the lovers effect to trigger so me and NJW should remain alive.

For D4 our actions depend on Roden's flip.

If Roden was town: We take a serious look at Met and Vector.

If Roden was mafia: We probably win when Tric dies.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 14, 2021, 08:33:19 am »

As a side note I don't think I've ever been in a game like this with no deaths for this long.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 14, 2021, 09:13:17 am »

That means the Ninja has to be either Met or Vector. The final proof of which is that even though you were asked to Watch Tric, scum still confidently targeted him with the Lovers mechanic. There's just too much pointing to this being the truth, and I'd appreciate it if you took a minute stop tunneling me to realize that this is a legitimate logical conclusion.

Roden. How did you know I was targeted before I posted that information?
...What? NJW claimed both of you are Lovers.

Ugh. There's the same problem as before: only I know that one of Tric and Euchre must be scum. Possibly there's a workaround here.

Ok. Scum know this information, so I'll make it public immediately.

I was hit with the lovers effect. I die the day after if Tric is eliminated. Note that it has to be through elimination for me to die. This is why I'd like Toonyman to daykill Tric, while we lynch EuchreJack.

Either Tric is doing the lovers'ing, in which case it looks like the ability is one-target, or EuchreJack is part of a scumteam and has a two-target ability.

In either case, Roden must have falsely reported a night result, unless someone interfered with a tracking action. At this point, I'm pretty sure Roden's scum. (I would actually consider us killing both me and Roden today, but I guess that might be taking a risk that their night result was due to a redirect or similar.)

That's all the information I have. I couldn't use my ability tonight because of the caveats FoU put on it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 14, 2021, 09:40:05 am »

Ah..

This really doesn't make much sense to me.. But I don't know how to help here other than dying.

Tric will die at the end of D4 and this should be a loophole because it specifically says he needs to die by execution for the lovers effect to trigger so me and NJW should remain alive.

How about this. We do what we were doing yesterday, execute Jack, Poison me. I die tomorrow, and we have 5 people left. With 2 mafia that isn't a loss. Of course, if Jack or I are Mafia, that's 1 to 4. As compared to killing two town players and us ending up at 2 to 3 with no way to win other than a guess. In the case both of us are town, NJW would have been the one lying. Or it's Vector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 14, 2021, 09:50:17 am »

We need Jack alive to roleblock you tonight Tric.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 14, 2021, 10:02:46 am »

... And what exactly do you think I can do? I already used my power.

As for why Jack, it's the fact that that is the most likely way to find out who mafia is. Unless we can find another way, but last night NJW apparently didn't do anything? Wouldn't that mean he could have used it? He's also the one to bring up the fact it's Execution, not poisoning. We could get the exact same result lynching him, and keep Toony's Poison. If he is town, then it's either one of us or vector. And that is at least easy to deal with. Toony just seems to have changed his mind about me.

If you plan to just go ahead and do it, just do it. I don't know how we got here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 14, 2021, 10:09:28 am »

Hey Tric can you describe exactly how the lover effect resolved on you, for N1 and N2?

By the way, convincing me to NOT poison you would be better for your wincon, regardless of your alignment.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 14, 2021, 11:02:06 am »

This seems to be predicated on a very hard townread of Jack. Do you consider the possibility that there are ninja matchmakers more likely than the possibility that EuchreJack is scum with a two-target lovers ability? Because if Roden flips mafia, Jack could very well have hit you and Tric with a two-target ability.

Broadly speaking, though, I think I'm okay with this plan... something feels off about this whole affair. I suppose if the mafia have a toothless ability that is also ninja, and are among Met/Vec, at least scum wouldn't have too much pressure from killing two town.
One wheel short of a wagon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 14, 2021, 11:48:36 am »

I'm good with this plan. I'm having a little trouble keeping my head in the game due to the lack of deaths and everything else that's going on in my personal life, but defusing the lovers effect seems like it should be a really high priority.

I wonder if the deal is that scum gets to NK only once and otherwise has to lovers people? Or I guess simply has no NK, who knows.

Anyway, this plan seems like a good way to handle the situation to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 14, 2021, 03:57:30 pm »

I've sort of lost interest as this is just a melange of wack mechanics and whatever is going on in this setup is super bastard and my ability that I thought would pop off n2 is going to still be useless going into n3

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 14, 2021, 04:12:54 pm »

I wonder if the deal is that scum gets to NK only once and otherwise has to lovers people? Or I guess simply has no NK, who knows.

I was wondering about that as well.  What if scum's NK was locked behind Tric's death?  Hence, why I think it is vital that we lynch someone today, so that we can hopefully lynch successfully on D4, when Tric is schedule to expire.

I've sort of lost interest as this is just a melange of wack mechanics and whatever is going on in this setup is super bastard and my ability that I thought would pop off n2 is going to still be useless going into n3
What ability is that exactly?  You've been super vague about it, which is why I am scumreading you.  Could you describe it in detail? Or name the ability, so I can at least look it up myself?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 153