Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93495 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 1): March of the Gladiators
« Reply #675 on: October 17, 2021, 12:55:50 pm »

Oh yeah, who are you? Who is Maximum Spin?
I'm not even here!
Maximum Spin is the one who's going to get lynched for this.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 17, 2021, 12:59:46 pm »

Roden: given there's a load of D1 copclaims, should town lynch today?

EuchreJack: has anyone in this game already told a lie?

Vector: if you found out you were vanilla town this round, would you be likely to play a gambit?

I have pertinent information that will likely get me killed if I reveal it but puts me at a disadvantage regardless, since revealing it is also helpful in narrowing down potential suspects, and, like, I'm gonna get killed tonight anyway, LOL.

But, I'll wait until everyone posts at least once.
Is insisting you'll die N1 the bay12 meta or something?
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 17, 2021, 01:18:45 pm »

I have pertinent information that will likely get me killed if I reveal it but puts me at a disadvantage regardless, since revealing it is also helpful in narrowing down potential suspects, and, like, I'm gonna get killed tonight anyway, LOL.

But, I'll wait until everyone posts at least once.
Is insisting you'll die N1 the bay12 meta or something?
Everything is meta if you make it meta.

... Right, Toony is likely Town.

Any others want to claim? I'm Parity.
Good to know. This means I will get a positive result on Tric if I investigate them. I think Tric is being honest here which means they're likely town.
Oh, is that what we're doing? Then I will claim to have no gun at all. I'm clean! But that doesn't matter because you won't believe me regardless, and I'd probably claim either way as Mafia, so it's up to you to believe my outlandish claims.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 17, 2021, 01:25:51 pm »

Euchrejack, what color is my tie?
Don't fall for it, Euchre, Vector's not wearing a tie at all!

Also, why not ask ME the questions, Vectorio? Is it because I can read you like a book?!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 17, 2021, 01:35:04 pm »

Absolutely, less people to check tonight if we remove one.

If we're mass claiming, then I'll state now that I have a unique role. I can't choose my target at night, only my Captain can. I don't think they should claim today though, I want to see who they force me to target tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 17, 2021, 01:38:36 pm »

If we're mass claiming, then I'll state now that I have a unique role. I can't choose my target at night, only my Captain can. I don't think they should claim today though, I want to see who they force me to target tonight.
Oho, you too?

Well, that makes me a little less apprehensive to claim now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 17, 2021, 01:46:44 pm »

Oho, you too?

... So, Roden and Webadict can be considered liabilities. With Max likely to be the one pulling their strings. Great...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 17, 2021, 01:51:40 pm »

I mean, that's assuming the Captain is Mafia, Tric.

But who would ever make that assumption...?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 17, 2021, 01:53:38 pm »

Good to know. This means I will get a positive result on Tric if I investigate them. I think Tric is being honest here which means they're likely town.
Oh, is that what we're doing? Then I will claim to have no gun at all. I'm clean! But that doesn't matter because you won't believe me regardless, and I'd probably claim either way as Mafia, so it's up to you to believe my outlandish claims.
Good to know. And you're right, I'll be checking you tonight. So you'll have to kill me if you're lying.

... So, Roden and Webadict can be considered liabilities. With Max likely to be the one pulling their strings. Great...
Why Max? I could see Web fucking around as the captain here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 17, 2021, 01:55:12 pm »

He could be, but Max is just flopping around holding up a sign that says 'I'm note here.' Of everything I find that more lynchable than webadict messing around. Since at least with webadict we have information. Not with Max.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 17, 2021, 02:04:56 pm »

Oho, you too?

Ok, let's verify. What happens if your Captain dies?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 17, 2021, 02:14:40 pm »

Good to know. And you're right, I'll be checking you tonight. So you'll have to kill me if you're lying.

Why Max? I could see Web fucking around as the captain here.
The beauty of it all is that I actually don't have to kill you if I'm lying, because you won't investigate me at all. Even when I write this, I would bet that you wouldn't waste your inspection on me. Partially because I don't believe you're actually a Gunsmith, but also partially because I think you think I'm not lying.

Also true, if I were the Captain, I'd be the greatest Captain of all time. But, instead, I'm a *deep breath* Combined Activated Cop Enabler Doctor (Or, CACED, for short.) When I perform my Doctoring, I also enable Cop inspects. Which is why I'm fairly certain I'll be killed tonight, and also why I'm willing to bet at least one of the Cop claims is legit.

We'll now be able to determine if the Captain is, in fact, Mafia.

Oho, you too?

Ok, let's verify. What happens if your Captain dies?
Hmm... Let's see... The optimal move here is to not answer that, because verifying this is trivially easy and accomplishes nothing to do so, especially because I think you're a weak player and not willing to reveal the information yourself. I'd also like to not answer that because I want people to think I'm fakeclaiming, because I am. I might just be lying so that the Mafia Captain is unsure of who is what role.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 17, 2021, 02:18:51 pm »

webadict[/color

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 17, 2021, 02:19:28 pm »

The fact you claim and then not bother to answer Roden's question doesn't help your claim. Also, we do not need enabling unless Mafia is cheating the results.

Nin. And yeah, Webadict.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 17, 2021, 02:24:51 pm »

webadict
Wow that got screwed up.

I was going to say that I can easily verify if you're telling the truth. You can say I'm a weak player but I caught you in D6 before you subbed out, and I called out both scum in the first round one after the other. If you want to underestimate me then I'm more than with not being fear killed tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 153