Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94400 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 1): March of the Gladiators
« Reply #720 on: October 17, 2021, 07:41:11 pm »

@Vector and Max: Do you have active or passive roles? Are you willing to full claim?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 17, 2021, 07:46:49 pm »

@Vector and Max: Do you have active or passive roles? Are you willing to full claim?
I thought I already did. I mean, I wasn't subtle about it.

I'm not willing to be more direct at this moment. But there isn't a whole lot more direct to be.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 17, 2021, 07:52:27 pm »

I thought I already did. I mean, I wasn't subtle about it.

I'm not willing to be more direct at this moment. But there isn't a whole lot more direct to be.
That comes off more jokingly than serious MS. And we lynched someone who claimed Commuter first round. That's not a good strategy for a cop to have. Unless of course only one mafia can get caught via the cops, the captain.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 17, 2021, 07:59:09 pm »

Where is Jack?
I imagine even EuchreJack may sometimes go twelve hours without posting to bay12.

Anyway, should we be focusing Maximum Spin or Vector?
Who is "we" here?

On the contrary, I'm trying to bait the kill, and if I succeed, I will be dead.
I get that the meme shit and insulting people might just be how you play RVS, but if you've come around to "my claim was lying actually aha", what were your last nineteen posts meant to accomplish for town?

Yeah no. I'm Parity. 8) I don't know why you are saying not to, do you have something to hide? Am I going to die N1?
Parity cop takes a minimum of two nights to return a useable result. You'd barely be a kill priority N2, let alone N1. Also, why would you claim it this early?

I can't choose my target at night, only my Captain can. I don't think they should claim today though, I want to see who they force me to target tonight.
Does the captaincy thing work roughly like this?

If so, rather than be completely passive, have you considered publically stating a handful of targets you'd be willing to jail, and refusing to action people outside of that?

Jailor is an important role. I don't particularly like the idea of a claimed jailor getting to hide behind a captaincy restriction, or a potentially scum captain mucking about with the town's jailor.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 17, 2021, 08:29:51 pm »

Where is Jack?
I imagine even EuchreJack may sometimes go twelve hours without posting to bay12.

Indeed.

Some info on my role: I don't have a gun (flavor counted for something I guess), I am town, and I am the one most likely to die N1.  My ability is fatal to me if I successfully use it.

Hence, I'm actually not very interested, since this D1 is wild and confusing, and I won't be alive D2 if I do my job right.

Somebody is lying about their protective role, as I am a Bodyguard.  But then again, I have no idea what this Captain BS is about, so maybe I'm the only one that doesn't have to answer to anyone to use my ability.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 17, 2021, 08:36:25 pm »

Some info on my role: I don't have a gun (flavor counted for something I guess), I am town, and I am the one most likely to die N1.  My ability is fatal to me if I successfully use it.
... are you Kurt Cobain?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 17, 2021, 08:40:24 pm »

I hope Jack posts soon, I want to hear his thoughts.

Roden, do you get to use your ability freely if your Captain dies?

... are you Kurt Cobain?
No.  Stop with the cryptic bull, or I'll vote you.  Speak plainly or not at all.

Webadict, buddying me and telling us you'll be dead N1 so we don't vote you today.  Roll mafia yet again?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 17, 2021, 08:43:20 pm »

No.  Stop with the cryptic bull, or I'll vote you.
I think you might just not get the reference. Kurt Cobain sang the lyrics, "I don't have a gun", and then shot himself. I mean, not immediately. That was a bit later.

So like anything else I've said, that wasn't cryptic at all.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 17, 2021, 08:46:34 pm »

I think you might just not get the reference. Kurt Cobain sang the lyrics, "I don't have a gun", and then shot himself. I mean, not immediately. That was a bit later.

LOL, fair enough.  I assume you're also claiming Commuter or something.  The "or something" is why I'm getting pissy.

Oh, and Vote Webadict.  Not enough voting, if you ask me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 17, 2021, 08:53:33 pm »

Anyway, should we be focusing Maximum Spin or Vector?
Who is "we" here?

On the contrary, I'm trying to bait the kill, and if I succeed, I will be dead.
I get that the meme shit and insulting people might just be how you play RVS, but if you've come around to "my claim was lying actually aha", what were your last nineteen posts meant to accomplish for town?
"We" is Toony and I, clearly.

I mean, is it really "meme shit and insulting people"? I don't think I posted any memes. And I technically only insulted two people, but only after being told I was wrong about something I was so clearly right about, unless this pertains to my very existence, in which case, yes, I am quite insulting to the underclass.

I believe you missed the part where I have determined the mafia team 7 posts ago, and I've yet to see you jump aboard the bandwagon I've so kindly tethered together for you. Please, remove your shoes before you enter the carriage, and the butler will see you to your seat. Unless, of course, you have any real complaints about my picks, in which case, that's open season. Is my logical deduction wrong and you're saying that you, yes, you, dear reader, are the actual scum?!? Well, that's fair to say.

Webadict, buddying me and telling us you'll be dead N1 so we don't vote you today.  Roll mafia yet again?
Nope. I rolled... Wait, hold on, Town isn't spelled with an M!

If I wanted to buddy you, I'd be doing better, but you would be too, so FoS me all you want. Instead, I'm doing meme shit and insulting people until the job is done, so I can coast to victory.

LOL, fair enough.  I assume you're also claiming Commuter or something.  The "or something" is why I'm getting pissy.

Oh, and Vote Webadict.  Not enough voting, if you ask me.
Quite rude, if you ask me. Haters are always in the process of hating.

Is this the part where I start actually trying, or should I just wait until it's socially acceptable to vote myself like you in a desperate attempt at... I don't know if that sentence has an ending. Anyway, I'll still adamantly point at Vector and Maximum Spin as top suspects, but I suppose it's easier to just defenestrate the emperor, and then find the actual bad guys when you know he's on your side.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 17, 2021, 08:53:58 pm »

Pure statistics time!

We are in our 3rd game.
Round 1 mafia were: EuchreJack and Vector
Round 2 mafia were: Tricmagic and Roden
Town for both games were: Toonyman, NJW2000, and Met

New players are: Maximum Spin and Webadict.

Between Toonyman and NJW2000, one of them is "due" to be mafia, so I'd suggest they deserve "extra scrutiny".  They're probably paired with someone else, as it would be unfair to put them both on the scum team, to be outed by Math Alone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 17, 2021, 08:57:32 pm »

I thought someone told me webadict was supposed to be good at this?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 17, 2021, 08:59:25 pm »

Is this the part where I start actually trying, or should I just wait until it's socially acceptable to vote myself like you in a desperate attempt at... I don't know if that sentence has an ending.

Always nice to meet a fan.

What about Vector and Maximum Spin has drawn your animosity? Vector's actually posting MORE than usual, and Maximum Spin...eh.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 17, 2021, 09:00:46 pm »

Vector's actually posting MORE than usual
I have to admit I would actually consider that suspicious.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 17, 2021, 09:01:03 pm »

Pure statistics time!

We are in our 3rd game.
Round 1 mafia were: EuchreJack and Vector
Round 2 mafia were: Tricmagic and Roden
Town for both games were: Toonyman, NJW2000, and Met

New players are: Maximum Spin and Webadict.

Between Toonyman and NJW2000, one of them is "due" to be mafia, so I'd suggest they deserve "extra scrutiny".  They're probably paired with someone else, as it would be unfair to put them both on the scum team, to be outed by Math Alone.
Technically, since Max and I took over for Met, we'd be that slot's roll on the scum die.

I thought someone told me webadict was supposed to be good at this?
We execute our liars here. Except me. We don't execute me.

Is this the part where I start actually trying, or should I just wait until it's socially acceptable to vote myself like you in a desperate attempt at... I don't know if that sentence has an ending.

Always nice to meet a fan.

What about Vector and Maximum Spin has drawn your animosity? Vector's actually posting MORE than usual, and Maximum Spin...eh.
Maximum Spin based entirely on the premise that I think they're trying to coast by keeping their vote on me and simultaneously I don't want to have to unvote and vote someone else because I'm lazy. Vector because they didn't ask me a question, and sempai notice me.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 153