Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 95043 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 1): March of the Gladiators
« Reply #750 on: October 18, 2021, 08:41:46 am »

You should probably protect Toony Jack, I'm not that valuable to the endgame. So proved last round, if not the first. (The chances of me dying N1 seem slim. I don't remember the last time it happened. I'm just too lynchable.)

I'm of the opinion that the push on web was led by Mafia right now. Otherwise a hammer could have been all too easy. Especially if it was Vector. So a Vector/Max team today.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 18, 2021, 12:49:21 pm »

OK, so Tric is town and Web is a dumbass, what's new ... Unvote.

I think I'd like to see more from MaximumSpin and NJW. I agree with that vibe.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 18, 2021, 01:26:24 pm »

@Max Spin:
How do I agree with your votes and cases if I don't understand them?
It's d1, I don't even have a case! Honestly, I prefer d1-no-lynch because there's no real data until someone gets killed, but that doesn't play well here, so I settle for lynching somebody for no better reason than to have data and watch the rope sway.
We still found the mafia in Round 2, but I found it significantly harder.

What does that mean? What do you agree with? Why does that make them probably mafia?
Man I don't even remember, do you always read this much into things?
Yes. It's important.

Okay, checking back, what I was agreeing with was that TM was going off into crazyland, which is known town TM behaviour. I didn't say that outright because I didn't want to be insulting. That probably making weber mafia was just meant as a jokey way to say that I wasn't moving my vote just yet, with the implication that anyone who seems reasonable in this game is probably mafia. In reality, it didn't have any effect on my vote, but I felt I should convey that I wasn't just leaving my vote in place out of sheer inattention.
Got it. Web thinks Tric is town and you stuck a vote on Web as a joke, although I don't think Web has been reasonable at all this round so far.

@Jack:
This reasoning is bad. Do you agree?
I'll admit, it is a dangerous line of reasoning, as random means random, and it can lead to us clearing players we shouldn't be clearing.  But...it'll be your turn sometime Toonyman.  You're not going to get through the entire tournament without rolling mafia.
Hehehe, town would be in trouble if true.

I will admit I feel a bias towards NJW being mafia, but I won't let this sway my reasoning.

Jack is suspicious to me
Promise to feel a bit bad when I die N1 protecting you, alright?

Seriously, not sure its even worthwhile this round.  I'm going to die protecting you N1 (I have to, you're the claimed Cop), then watch the remainder of the game from the sidelines.  We don't even have a dead chat for me and the other dead to spectate!
I'll believe that if you die. Bodyguard is pretty easy to fake and I do think there's too many protection roles like you said.

Although to be fair Web feels like they're lying out of their ass which mucks things up, but whatever.

@Webadict:
please kill me
Is name calling really necessary, Netfanatic? You think you're so good you can prophesize the mafia team without doing any work?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 18, 2021, 01:27:33 pm »

... Vector, if you have questions for NJW, ask them. Just don't place a vote and separate yourself from Maximum Spin. At least NJW has posted something of substance.

Nin.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 18, 2021, 01:28:58 pm »

Of note, day ends in 11:30 hours. And I'm not going to be here for the end of it given I'll be asleep.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 18, 2021, 01:36:21 pm »

---
@NJW2000: What is the point with these questions?
Starting discussion. Why, didn't want to answer yours?

A bit suspicious that NJW2000 hasn't voted yet.  They usually throw one out by now...
I can't tell if you're genuinely trying to make me feel under pressure, but put that in red if you actually want to do that.

Spoiler: readslist (click to show/hide)

Also, pretty sure someone is lying about the captain thing.

TricMagic, for reasons stated in readslist.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 18, 2021, 01:50:40 pm »

NJW2000, because townreading Roden is outside of your meta.  Plus, following your advice.  :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 18, 2021, 02:00:23 pm »

A reminder, claimed parity cop. NJW, what is this nonsense? As well as town-reading Roden for claiming bodyguard early on. That's not a bad claim to have..

Wait, getting stuff mixed up.. Roden claimed he has a captain and is a Jailkeeper. Jack being a Bodyguard, along with two known towncops. And another captain-led in Web.(Apparently.) ...That's 5 out of 8 roles known if we take us all to be town. As well as the Captain being Mafia.

Still means Max's Commuter claim(6 roles now, though he wasn't exactly concise, just joking.) is suspicious. Might be a compulsive commutter to add suspicion, could just be un-targetable mafia.

Also, Town should always lynch in this scenario. So long as it isn't one of the COP CLAIMS! Or the bodyguard/jailer claims. Or the captain-power claims. So just one of you three. Pick one.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 18, 2021, 02:10:57 pm »

Hi, I'd like to ask for an extension of 24 hours due to RL. Check my post history if you need deets.

Sorry for the crappy posting y'all. I want to get some substantial posts out today but I'm not feeling, shall we say, very well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 18, 2021, 02:21:39 pm »

No objection to the 24 hour extension requested by Vector.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 18, 2021, 02:23:14 pm »

Same.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 18, 2021, 02:27:02 pm »

A reminder, claimed parity cop. NJW, what is this nonsense? As well as town-reading Roden for claiming bodyguard early on. That's not a bad claim to have..

Wait, getting stuff mixed up.. Roden claimed he has a captain and is a Jailkeeper. Jack being a Bodyguard, along with two known towncops. And another captain-led in Web.(Apparently.) ...That's 5 out of 8 roles known if we take us all to be town. As well as the Captain being Mafia.

Still means Max's Commuter claim(6 roles now, though he wasn't exactly concise, just joking.) is suspicious. Might be a compulsive commutter to add suspicion, could just be un-targetable mafia.

Also, Town should always lynch in this scenario. So long as it isn't one of the COP CLAIMS! Or the bodyguard/jailer claims. Or the captain-power claims. So just one of you three. Pick one.

I was going to suspect TricMagic for this post due to the intentionally stated confusion regarding Roden & I (why do we always get linked together?!), but then I found a whole new level of confusion.  Welcome to Town, Tric.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 18, 2021, 02:32:53 pm »

You should probably protect Toony Jack, I'm not that valuable to the endgame. So proved last round, if not the first. (The chances of me dying N1 seem slim. I don't remember the last time it happened. I'm just too lynchable.)

I'm of the opinion that the push on web was led by Mafia right now. Otherwise a hammer could have been all too easy. Especially if it was Vector. So a Vector/Max team today.

Eh, you won at least one endgame for town without Toonyman (Roguelike mafia), and you're a Parity Cop, which means after you inspect me, and I flip town upon death, you graduate Police Academy and become a Real Cop.  So you're actually more useful than Toonyman on N2.  Roden should know by their N2 orders and the N2 kill whether their captain is town or mafia, so the survival of both you and Toonyman till N2 is critical.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 18, 2021, 02:40:01 pm »

No objection to the 24 hour extension requested by Vector.
Not off work yet but also agree.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 18, 2021, 02:44:34 pm »

I also agree to the extension
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 153