Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94483 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 1): March of the Gladiators
« Reply #780 on: October 18, 2021, 09:23:32 pm »

In case extension doesn't happen, Maximum Spin. You've done nothing but spin your wheels today.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 19, 2021, 12:11:12 am »

I don't know why y'all are asking for an extension, but you're getting one

Guess what

I'm sick. Body doing a bit too shitty to manage things like 'processing day end'. Let's say I'll end the Day on Thursday, because I'm fairly likely to be better by then. Wish me luck in recovering. Peace.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 19, 2021, 02:50:41 am »

@Toony: I actually think Tric is cleared if you die and flip Gunsmith, but I also think Tric is cleared if you flip anything, because Tric is very likely Town.

I also don't think you're a Gunsmith, though, but that okay. It's a good deflection, and I like it. In any case, I'll call you Town, and continue on my way.

@Vector: When you're feeling up to it, would you mind giving us a list of reads? I especially would like your take on Euchre, because I feel like you would read him better than most.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 19, 2021, 06:10:02 am »

You've done nothing but spin your wheels today.
I don't RVS.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 19, 2021, 07:15:35 am »

You've done nothing but spin your wheels today.
I don't RVS.
And yet, you're still voting for me, so those wheels keep on spinning.

I actually voted Skip so that you'd have a reasonable excuse to do so. Why won't you take that road?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 19, 2021, 07:20:22 am »

I actually voted Skip so that you'd have a reasonable excuse to do so. Why won't you take that road?
Because I consider keeping my vote on you the best source of information in the near term.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 19, 2021, 07:53:03 am »

And what information have you gotten out of it? I don't buy it. (Or webadict saying I'm cleared if Toony dies, that sounds like a bad setup to a punchline.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 19, 2021, 08:21:22 am »

And what information have you gotten out of it? I don't buy it. (Or webadict saying I'm cleared if Toony dies, that sounds like a bad setup to a punchline.)
I've gotten a lot of information in the form of weights on a directed graph. "If X flips Y, then A is more likely to be B". For an insignificant example that shouldn't disrupt the graph too much, if you are mafia, Vector is more likely to be mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2021, 08:53:37 am »

I've gotten a lot of information in the form of weights on a directed graph. "If X flips Y, then A is more likely to be B". For an insignificant example that shouldn't disrupt the graph too much, if you are mafia, Vector is more likely to be mafia.
If Tric is Mafia, we're all fucked, so that doesn't particularly help.

If you want, you can provide that info, but I don't see how continuing to vote me provided you that info, so if you'd like to explain that, then, please, be my guest.

You are allowed to admit you're wrong, too. That is always a viable choice.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 19, 2021, 08:58:08 am »

I don't see how continuing to vote me provided you that info, so if you'd like to explain that, then, please, be my guest.
You misunderstand. I chose an example that does not relate to you to illustrate the concept.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 19, 2021, 09:10:10 am »

Hey Maximum Spin, we have this thing called Reads Lists that let everyone see your awesome graphs of player alignment, you could even skip ahead to the connections thingy we do Day 2.  Might even select players and ask "hey which of these is most likely scum".

How many votes are on you again?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 19, 2021, 09:18:00 am »

Hey Maximum Spin, we have this thing called Reads Lists that let everyone see your awesome graphs of player alignment, you could even skip ahead to the connections thingy we do Day 2.  Might even select players and ask "hey which of these is most likely scum".

doooooooooon't care

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 19, 2021, 09:22:39 am »

@Jack:
NJW2000, because townreading Roden is outside of your meta.  Plus, following your advice.  :P
Do you believe NJW is unnaturally townreading Roden after playing 3 rounds in a row with them?
Yes.  I actually thought most of NJW's reads were nonsense, but the townreading of Roden was unnatural, whereas the remainder seemed more typical NJW.
I think their read of Roden is accurate and surprisingly unstubborn of NJW. I'm not sure if a mafia!NJW would try to stand out like that.

I think NJW's read of Tric is ass, which does not appear to be an uncommon opinion either. Town!Tric would absolutely claim Parity Cop immediately. To add to that, I agree with Tric's suspicion of Maximum Spin and also that the Web wagon likely has mafia on it. I think it's possible NJW is mafia, but it's not a first pick at all.

Hm, NJW's poor read of Tric is quite similar to NJW's usually poor read of Roden, in that NJW is essentially scumreading Tric for his claim in the same way that NJW usually scumreads Roden for their claim.  Essentially, NJW has switched targets.  This is actually quite useful to know!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2021, 09:23:18 am »

doooooooooon't care

It would be impolite to hammer just after a rather long extension was granted.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 19, 2021, 09:41:40 am »

Based on my role and what people have been claiming I believe there is a town false-positive and a mafia false-negative for my inspect. I think Tric is my town false-positive since he claimed so readily and willingly.

There are downsides with both of our inspections, however we should be able to narrow down suspects with our results combined.

Hm, I find this suspicious.  Feels like too much information. I'm starting to wonder if Toonyman might be mafia claiming gunsmith cop to justify knowing town from mafia.
Just something to think about later on, after I'm dead.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 153