Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 95049 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 1): March of the Gladiators
« Reply #840 on: October 20, 2021, 08:46:45 pm »

Well, go for it if some else is around, I have to sleep so really can't engage.

As for me not wanting to post more reads, things looked pretty settled without your presence. It seems to be completely between me and Jack, barring upheavals I can't be involved in in the next handful of hours. Exhaustively rereading the thread and posting a long case against someone else didn't feel particularly worthwhile. It wasn't as if I was going to eliminate them. Not to mention multiple people wasting my energy with their mistakes, wisecracking and then scumreading me for irritation - doesn't exactly dispose me towards investing more time.

Oh, and in case people aren't getting the picture, Max is just like this. Thinks D1 lynches are pointless and stupid, moves discussion onto his theories about that, engages abrasively wherever possible, refers to conditional judgements as "weights on a directed graph". Does this kind of thing consistently D1 as town, and presumably as scum too. N. A. I.

Anyhow, goodnight.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 20, 2021, 08:56:51 pm »

Thinks D1 lynches are pointless and stupid,
That's not really accurate. I don't want to get into this all over again, but you've clearly misunderstood my whole point. I don't know how to explain it better. I despair.
moves discussion onto his theories about that,
Believe me, I'd love to stop talking about that! I only go into it when some asshole gives me stick for not playing stupid RVS games. Hell, I tried to dodge talking about it for hours this time because I knew you would whine about it, but then people were like "weh weh you have to explain yourself". Make up your minds!
engages abrasively wherever possible,
What, have you seen webadict? I dispute this altogether. I am engaging in the way I normally engage with people. I do come from a high-conflict culture, I'll give you that. My definition of "abrasive" might differ from yours.
refers to conditional judgements as "weights on a directed graph".
well, they are.
I mean, seriously, that's what it looks like in my head. What else would I call it? I have the actual graph as a mental image, and I know who to lynch when it moves.

Anyway, my web has changed. I guess... ugh, EuchreJack is probably the most practical choice.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 20, 2021, 09:01:29 pm »

All I really have to do to get lynched is unvote... Why Vector?

And yes, this is a poke at you for unvoting and making it a tie. Now you're the tie with me.

NJW

MAXSPIN, you are NOT getting away with that.

.... And I still can't lynch you cause I'd die. NJW. I am rather annoyed with you right now for that. Whatever.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 20, 2021, 09:02:10 pm »

Goodnight. I'll likely be dead by day end, but then you can lynch max. We get an extra day, and it gets wasted anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 20, 2021, 09:57:05 pm »

I'm not moving off Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 20, 2021, 10:16:03 pm »

Stuff
I see. I suppose the true mistake was that I actually spent 10 minutes searching for the post in question in a tired haze trying to reply to it before you mentioned it in your post because I wanted to point out that person was wrong, but it was after I had just woken up from a nap, and I literally lost the post somehow. I thought that it referred to another post entirely. You can see that as me not paying attention, but it was mostly just a mistake I wanted corrected and probably couldn't think properly on at the time.

It doesn't really matter to me because it wasn't a point against you being suspicious. If anything, it was meant to be me using it for reference for my own role information, to help track down the Cap'n. You can take that as suspicious, I don't care, I fish for clues, that's a freebie for anyone if you wanna frame me.

I also took a negative liking to your response because I had assumed it was meant to find something substantive to go after me for when it wasn't even meant to be suspicious, just corrective. That probably sparked a whole thing, unfortunately.

So, the takeaway is that this was clearly my fault and a mistake from my bad sleeping habits. I jump into everyone's business unapologetically, and I will continue to do so because I am a control freak, and if it looks unproductive, I'm gonna step in.

Now that that's out of the way, here's my points, which I'm sad I finally got around to now that I woke up from another nap.

I dislike that you use Maximum Spin's meta to defend him, but also don't use TricMagic's meta as evidence he's Town. It seems disingenuous. That same reasoning applies in my mind.

I do think this creates a bit of a divide between you and EuchreJack. Can I create a team out of you and EuchreJack this way? It could be distancing. I dunno. Tough call, really. If I can't though, I have to use Vector or Maximum Spin... or, worse, ToonyMan. That sorta breaks the game wide open again. I want it to be you, because it'd be easy, but that seems too easy at this point.

What I'll say is if it's not EuchreJack, then I will absolutely go after you Tomorrow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 20, 2021, 10:32:13 pm »

@Vector: Okay. I don't have anything to add. Here is a smiley face. :| Oh bother, my face muscles are acting up again.

@Toony: Let's goooooo. EuchreJack

@NJW: If EJ flips scum, you can gain Townpoints.

@MaxSpin: If EJ flips scum... still suspicious...

@TricMagic: It was nice knowing one of us.

@Roden: I don't even know who you are, but you're marked as Town on my list.

@EuchreJack: Nothing personnel, kid.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 20, 2021, 10:34:15 pm »

Also, Mafia, plz no kill, I'll do whatever you want, just no kill plz. Thx.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 20, 2021, 10:36:41 pm »

I don't think I'm going to be to stay up for the deadline. If I'm awake I'll try to stop a tie from happening, especially since it would have hit mafia last round.

Also, Mafia, plz no kill, I'll do whatever you want, just no kill plz. Thx.
Lol

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 20, 2021, 10:49:43 pm »

So, I guess no reason to post, since I count 5 votes on me.  Find the mafia among them, will you folks?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 20, 2021, 10:51:54 pm »

Oh I didn't even realize that. I'm sorry Jack if I'm wrong.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 20, 2021, 10:55:53 pm »

Oh I didn't even realize that. I'm sorry Jack if I'm wrong.
Toonyman, 2 things:

1) It's in your meta to suspect me D1, so I don't hold it personally.  You're the only one who shouldn't be suspected of scum when I flip town.
2) You're a good player, to the point that your continuing over-reliance on meta is actually hurting your game.  Us weaker players still need the crutch, but isn't it about time you gave it up?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 20, 2021, 11:01:33 pm »

Thoughts:
1) I should have hammered Maximum Spin when I had the chance.  It'll be up to you to see if it was worth keeping them around. Maybe their D2 play will be better?
2) NJW is my #1 suspect.  They THIRD VOTED me allegedly to tie things up, but also gave an excuse as to why they might not be available to change the vote.
3) Ask Roden why their thoughts regarding me suddenly changed.
4) Hm, why did Web feel the sudden need to hammer? Not helping you much, Webster, since I'm still posting.  :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 21, 2021, 01:41:07 am »

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (0):
TricMagic (0):
EuchreJack (5): ToonyMan, Roden, NJW2000, Maximum Spin, webadict
NJW2000 (1): EuchreJack
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (1): TricMagic

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (1): Vector
5 to hammer.

This time around, the verdict was clear. The greater majority, new and old, came to agree that EuchreJack was a traitor in their midst. A mole from Mafiaco, out to steal the secret hot dog mustard formula from WUBA-Inc. It was obvious. Their guess could not possibly be wrong!

Unfortunately, after the dust settled and the clock chimed, they were proven wrong.

EuchreJack was Town.

A set of documents found in his room reveals exactly what he was accredited as - a bodyguard. One with the misfortune to not have any of his equipment available.

Bodyguard (town):
(Night) Protect [target]: You guard your target, protecting them from up to one kill action performed this Night. If you successfully prevent a kill action, however, you will be hit with its effects instead (this will not change the targeting of the action).

The lights flickered out. A lightbulb shattered, in time with the clock chime.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end Friday, 1 AM, Central time. Or when I receive all Night actions and have the time to process them (which is less likely since I have a midterm today). If you can't or won't act, let me know / remind me and I can process things faster.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Night 1): Overconfidence Kills
« Reply #854 on: October 22, 2021, 02:41:02 am »

After leaving behind the corpse of EuchreJack, you all figured the coming night would bring worse horrors. But it seems that is inaccurate, at least to the visible eye. There is less light now, but the sun cannot be consumed by the shattering of a lightbulb, and your deliberations will continue.

While nobody has fallen, where does that leave you?

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (0):
TricMagic (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (7): ToonyMan, Roden, TricMagic, NJW2000, Vector, webadict, Maximum Spin
4 to hammer.

Day 2 has begun, and will end in around 48 hours on Sunday, 3 AM, Central/forum time. Or on a hammer.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 153