Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94437 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 2): We Are Left With Our Ashes
« Reply #915 on: October 22, 2021, 03:22:34 pm »

The very fact you did nothing is strange
How? What action should I have taken? What action that I do not have should I have taken?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 22, 2021, 03:24:59 pm »

You should have Commuted. It's automatic. We shouldn't have been able to target you. But I at least clearly did.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 22, 2021, 04:34:50 pm »

Hi,

I was told to target Webadict last night, which I chose not to do. I have other Inventor gifts than the old pew pew but I didn't want to give any of them to Webadick, so I didn't.

Webadict does correctly have the title of my role.

I need to reread but I want to re-emphasize that it could be that both Tric and Max could be telling the truth if Tric were redirected to someone else without the commuter power. In that case both I and that other person would be town.

Do we already have a post compiling night actions?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 22, 2021, 04:38:13 pm »

Webadict, you've been talking a lot. Who's scum?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 22, 2021, 05:06:08 pm »

Last night I was ordered to target Web. I did, and chose to Jail him. However, I actually got a results PM that told me that I screwed up and Jailed Max instead.
Haha wait what

What mod does this

This game

I literally
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 22, 2021, 05:09:45 pm »

Hi,

I was told to target Webadict last night, which I chose not to do. I have other Inventor gifts than the old pew pew but I didn't want to give any of them to Webadick, so I didn't.

Webadict does correctly have the title of my role.

I need to reread but I want to re-emphasize that it could be that both Tric and Max could be telling the truth if Tric were redirected to someone else without the commuter power. In that case both I and that other person would be town.

Do we already have a post compiling night actions?
This is all I needed.

Maximum Spin

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 22, 2021, 05:11:06 pm »

Won't lie, definitely feeling more like TM and Vector are town and TM really did get that result now. Not sure if that's the ploy, but then, you never really are.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 22, 2021, 05:13:25 pm »

Webadict, you've been talking a lot. Who's scum?
We all are. You, me, Roden, NJW. Every signle one of us, man.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 22, 2021, 05:14:56 pm »

I'M SCUM? SINCE WHEN!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 22, 2021, 05:15:46 pm »

This is all I needed.

Maximum Spin

Also, wut?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 22, 2021, 05:16:37 pm »

There is no case where a town inventor with a chance-based ability to not at least try to invent stuff. Had you actually done so and gave it to web, you'd be cleared Vector. Which would help Max in this position.

Instead, a clean post. And I don't see any case where the redirect would happen to me. As the redirector, the jailor, and the captain would need to be lying for that to happen.

Give me a moment.

Nin.
If Max is town, that means Roden, NJW, or Web is scum. Likely Web at the center.

Nin. And I'm a 1-shot parity cop, your alignment is the same as Max's.

... Any other post?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 22, 2021, 05:18:45 pm »

I'M SCUM? SINCE WHEN!
October 17th.

This is all I needed.

Maximum Spin

Also, wut?
Maximum Spin is 100% Mafia. Three people confirm targeting them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 22, 2021, 05:21:33 pm »

Vector, why wouldn't you give me an Invention? Did I not seem Town to you?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 22, 2021, 05:23:41 pm »

Wait, Deflector. So if Vector had used his power, it would have redirected onto Maxspin. But he was jailed in the first place, or commuter. Well played Webadict.

Based upon this series of events, I can cross off web as a potential suspect here. 3 people would need to be lying, webadict, NJW, and Roden. Roden was deflected, NJW did the deflecting, and web did the ordering. Had Vector also acted, MaxSpin would have either received an item, or none at all. Either way it's a strong confirm of truth or falsehood.

And as webadict was the likely target last night, it also redirected onto Maxspin, who was protected. Or a Commuter. Either way, a perfect safety net.

We can then add my result debunking the commuter claim and tying Vector and Maxspin's alignment together. And Maxspin is still sticking to that claim.

Of note, Toony is a Gunsmith Cop. But not a limited one. This allows him to see who Vector passes his guns to, but may not allow him to see a kill. Simply confirm who has been given the gun. (Dinner time, be back later.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 22, 2021, 05:24:56 pm »

I am not understanding how Tric's parity copping would work, then, because I'm town.

I'm 100% ok with trading me for MaximumSpin if it means that we hit scum, but someone has to be lying.

@Tric: I'm sorry but what about Webadict with a gun sounds like a solid move

Vector, why wouldn't you give me an Invention? Did I not seem Town to you?

I think that you're hard enough to read and trigger-happy enough that giving you more power is pretty much always a bad idea.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 153