Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94517 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 3): Anchor Adrift
« Reply #1035 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:16 pm »

Does it say something We're 3 hours from the end of the day.
A few more minutes. Long post soon, then we'll settle on an elimination target.
... Those words do not fill me with confidence NJW. Compared to Toony you set off far more of my scum-senses.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 25, 2021, 07:10:00 pm »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 25, 2021, 07:14:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 25, 2021, 07:17:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
?
Right, can't quote without seeing.

And that's what makes it confusing. You peeked, should have left a jumpscare in there.
Spoiler: Don't peek this time. (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 25, 2021, 07:21:28 pm »

I have the sneaking feeling we're being played by Vector... Just won't leave.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 25, 2021, 07:21:51 pm »

Reread done. I'm tired and going to bed soon.

Having two or more conversations is the only way I can talk.
Ok, I have to say that now we know Web's role, some of his posts are absolutely lustrous.

In any case. Sorting through the burning tire heap that is the thread, I can say I'd prefer Toony dying to Roden, even if Roden may be more powerful, because I'm more sure Toony's mafia. Fairly sure it's both of them because they can basically read Jack, especially Toony, and yet both went for him D1. Not much other info. I think Roden and Toony's attacks on me are bad but I know I'm town, so it's hard for me not to be objective there.

Also, Max's last readslist has Tric/Vec. May have been specific to the information he had at the time, but it's something to cling to. What else?

Right, low-likelihood edge cases. Assuming coordinated hammers, Tric/Roden is out because vec votes toony. Similarly Vec/Toony is out, although a Vec/Web/Toony scum trio would probably have killed us all and drawn moustaches on the corpses by now anyway. Tric/Vec... I don't think so. Tric would be tying themselves to Vector. Also, that has Roden and Toony as town, and if Tric/Vec can shoot their partner and leave me, Roden and Toony grappling in the mud, they deserve this game.

This leaves Vec/Roden and Tric Toony. Roden is the one claiming to get a watcher from Vec, so that's dubious... but I'm pretty sure Vec couldn't be scum with Roden due to Toony's gunsmith cop claim D2. Toony/Tric is however a highly worrying possibility, and my sleep-deprived brain can't find a hard way to rule it out. Toony townreads Tric, "gives" him a vote today, ugh. So that's a reason to kill Toony.

Oh, one more thing.
I was ordered to target Tric, which knowing that Web was mafia-aligned now, seems like TMI that Tric is town. He knew I was a JOAT and assumed I have blocking abilities (even though he claimed I was a Doctor lol, pretty sure that was supposed to be a crumb for scum to NK me), and he wouldn't have me directly role block the mafia team, so I'm fairly certain Tric is town.
This post asks us to believe that Web knew the mafia team, was willing to order one town player to interfere with another that claimed to no longer have a power, and wanted scum to kill someone under his command. Web can't TMI as far as I know, would probably have tried to use interference abilities to his advantage, and being Web would have held onto his power as Captain at any cost, not asked the mafia to slaughter his pet townies. Also, he would have used an interference ability to interfere with someone more threatening- perhaps even me, not someone with no ability to act. So maybe killing Roden wouldn't be such a bad plan, considering posts like these

I'm assuming there's two scum, but that seems safe as assumptions go.

I guess Toony would have posted a huge post about Roden if he was partners with Tric... he would only have needed my support, and I would have had to tie the voting to stop a Tric-Toony wagon, which I don't think I've suggested I'd be willing to do over lynching Roden today.

So yeah, ok, let's kill roden. Vector, you up?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 25, 2021, 08:01:41 pm »

Case in point. Toony, can you doublecheck Vector? I'm a bit worried.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 25, 2021, 08:02:47 pm »

Right, no reason to fret quite yet, even if it's bedtime.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 25, 2021, 08:07:55 pm »

I think it might just be you and me NJW. If there are two mafia, they win once the tie is done, unless you get very lucky or they don't have a kill ready. I'd rather not test it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 25, 2021, 08:17:44 pm »

I mean, we have two hours, right? I'll be around a fair bit longer although I'd prefer it if we hammered before then for the sake of my sleep schedule.

I honestly don't fully trust you, Tric. Roden is acting dodgy as hell, but Toony even moreso, and I can't rule out a Tric/Toony team the way I can rule out everything else but the high-probability Roden/Toony team. It's only Toony's rather light stance on Roden that's giving me any reassurance he's not with you. And he may be smart enough to have done that intentionally.

Do you think there's a possible scumteam with Vector on it and not Toonyman?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 25, 2021, 08:19:23 pm »

I'm here, and I still want Toony dead. Because from my perspective, I've ruled out all 2P scumteams that Toony isn't on, meaning that -- again from my perspective -- RFGing Toony Today is the right move no matter what.

I understand that people don't want to trust me even though I've been copped by both Tric and Toony already, but that's pretty silly. You're refusing to trust me despite a landslide of evidence in favor of my innocence and a reasonable amount of evidence against the Toonster. Why waste another inspection on me when you aren't going to believe the results anyway?

Now, I will vote Roden in event of a tie, but I don't recommend you all try to force it. I'm as mechanically cleared as I can get, you goofy nerds.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 25, 2021, 08:25:48 pm »

From my perspective seems to be the thing here. I trust Toony more than Roden. Now if Roden is Town, that flips it around on Toony tomorrow. But that early cop claim just meshed way too well with my own, and then the whole captain thing came up, then web is revealed as a mafia-ally. Which throws the deflection into another light entirely with my parity claim. And if that's the case hw had NJW do so again in case I didn't..... And had roden target me to throw things off even more. Did web think I was lying about being 1-shot?

My point stands though. Any 2-person team would involve Roden. If it's 1-person, we'll know tomorrow. Or rather at the end of the day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 25, 2021, 08:29:56 pm »

Give Vote to Vector

Ima try this. As the only confirmed town, he's likely the best suited to cracking things.

This you? LOL.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 25, 2021, 08:35:47 pm »

Roden, not gonna come help me vote out ToonyMan to save your own skin?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 25, 2021, 08:37:04 pm »

I was expecting a clear and detailed analysis. Instead I get a post about Toony communicating with Web secretly. Somehow. Which is just odd?

That, and the obvious. You'd need to have a strongarm style thing to make that kill. Given NJW deflected. And Toony claimed gunsmith way early. And such fit with my role more than others. I mean, what use would mafia have with that ability? And he'd need to be right, else things would go badly. You and Roden claimed last in the day, he claimed th...

Toony, you had better not be mafia. Cause if Roden flips town you aren't getting out of being lynched tomorrow.

Yeah, that's what makes me think my result got messed with.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 153