Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93188 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 5): Truly Tired Triad
« Reply #1125 on: October 30, 2021, 06:49:47 pm »

ToonyMan.

Right, at this point I think you are mafia Vector. What were you thinking?

I've been cleared by two different cops. After Yesterday I knew you were likely to shoot NJW, but I thought they were town and I wanted to make sure there weren't two NKs after yesterday's tied vote.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 30, 2021, 09:01:40 pm »

I've been wrong constantly this game. I ignored Vector after getting an innocent result, but that was a mistake.

Vector

I think I understand what is going on. Vector has a delayed kill. That's why nobody died N1. That's why Web didn't die at night until N2. That's why NJW didn't die until N4. This is exactly why Vector wanted to vote me yesterday over NJW because NJW was already destined to die. That's also why Vector didn't give their 50% bulletproof to Tric. They're claiming they gave their 50% bulletproof to NJW, but that's likely false since NJW died anyway. It's Vector, holy shit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 30, 2021, 09:14:22 pm »

Nice theory, except I gave Tric a gun two nights ago?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 31, 2021, 08:00:23 am »

That it is. But Vector. I'm not that dumb. Using a gun last night would result in 2 town dying, cause I fully expected you to die last night. Or me. Instead, NJW died.

So it comes down to mechanics, instinct, and logic. What needs to be asked is this, why was NJW the one killed? He couldn't deflect attacks back to himself, and Toony would need to ruin his only option of victory. Though maybe that's it, that a draw is better than a loss.

Vector, why did you tie the vote? What makes Toony so much worse than NJW?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 31, 2021, 01:34:07 pm »

I'm driving all of today I'll be home sometime tonight.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 31, 2021, 01:56:38 pm »

Vector was on a bit ago. Thanks for updating Toony.

Vector, you are going to need to make a final case, lest Toony convinces me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 31, 2021, 07:41:05 pm »

Hi Tric.

- I've been cleared by two cops, yourself included.

- My actions on nights 2 and 3 were publicly recorded. For N4 you can't actually record that I gave NJW a bulletproof vest, but I did. Regardless, I could not have killed N2 or N3.

- ToonyMan was communicating with Webadict in-thread. See my large case against him.

- I tied the vote because I had been pretty sure for three days running that ToonyMan was scum and I didn't end up feeling that way about NJW. Also, by conventional standards, with those numbers, it was MYLO. If we had launched NJW Toony would have been able to NK me and win. We only needed to yeet NJW if Toony/NJW were on a scumteam together, which I didn't think they were.

If you want to throw the game and let Toony convince you, that's fine. I don't really feel motivated to fight with someone who ignores their own inspection result + record that I couldn't have possibly killed on nights that kills happened + the fact that if I'm scum, I literally made a townie into a vig.

I'm town, but I'm getting pretty pissed off and ready to have this be over with.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 31, 2021, 09:16:46 pm »

*ahem*

- I've been cleared by two cops, yourself included.
We can't trust our results if you're a godfather or have some factional ability benefit as solo scum.

- My actions on nights 2 and 3 were publicly recorded. For N4 you can't actually record that I gave NJW a bulletproof vest, but I did. Regardless, I could not have killed N2 or N3.
Multi-tasking!

- ToonyMan was communicating with Webadict in-thread. See my large case against him.
Bait by Web to falsely implicate me!

If you want to throw the game and let Toony convince you, that's fine. I don't really feel motivated to fight with someone who ignores their own inspection result + record that I couldn't have possibly killed on nights that kills happened + the fact that if I'm scum, I literally made a townie into a vig.
If Tric votes wrong today then they'll get endgamed. I don't think they can act as a vig anymore with your gun. So it's not even a 50/50 anymore like if we hit town yesterday, which was guaranteed to happen between me and NJW. Another reason you would want a tie yesterday as now today is definitive.

I had no reason to kill Web! I had no reason to kill NJW! In fact, these deaths are horrible for me if I was mafia. The odd nature of these deaths and process of elimination has led me to conclude that you, Vector, must be a beefed up solo scum to make up for the fact that the game could end immediately on Day 1 if you were voted for elimination.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 31, 2021, 09:23:45 pm »

Another reason you would want a tie yesterday as now today is definitive.
Well, a tie or for me to be lynched yesterday. As a tie would still likely lead to my death today unless Tric voted against you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 31, 2021, 09:26:49 pm »

From Day 2:
If Vector/MS, then either MS did the kill and got blocked, or Vector did the kill and targeted me (They wouldn't do that, would they??? :()
Web might have knew he was targeted by Vector?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 31, 2021, 11:39:09 pm »

Web would obviously know that I targeted him N1, because as captain, he forced me to target him N1. I refused to act N1.

Then you claim that I would have targeted him N2, when he again selected my target as Captain, and I was targeting Roden. I gave Roden an inspect.

OK, so I'm a multitasking 50-50 inventor godfather. Web had the names of all of his minions' roles, and revealed that I was a 50-50 inventor at the start of D2 before I had revealed my own role in thread, so he would have known that I was a multitasker godfather and therefore known that I was the solo scum he was looking for. I knew that he knew I was scum and we were on the same team because he redacted my rolename in his declaration, which is why on N2 I decided to give Roden a present and kill my scumbuddy.

Then N3 I decided not to kill, and gave Tric a gun. And on N4 I both made NJW bulletproof and shot him.

You're basically saying "I, Toony, cannot be scum because the game would not be balanced and I would have been playing badly when I shot Web and NJW. As for the interactions in-thread, I was being framed!"

At some point, we have to use Occam's razor. What makes the most sense? What is logical?

You played a good game, bud, but it's time to give up. You've lost.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 01, 2021, 11:34:13 am »

I wasn't looking for solo mafia until D4 when it was just me, Tric, Vector, and NJW. The balance and setup makes so much more sense after learning that fact.

Vector, you were the hammer vote on Maximum Spin as well as the hammer vote on Roden. The same way Webadict was the hammer vote on Jack. As long as it wasn't yourself you would go for it, and why not? You were "cleared" by both cops in the setup!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 01, 2021, 11:40:10 am »

Vector Vector Vector.

In Web's role flip it says the mafia factional kill is separate from the captain's orders:
(If a Mafia player is tied to your Authority, usage of their factional ability is exempt from this requirement. Furthermore, the players affected by Authority can still choose to take no action.)
If you have a delayed killed - which I suspect - then you simply targeted Web with it on N1 and that's why they perished on N2.

Then N3 I decided not to kill, and gave Tric a gun. And on N4 I both made NJW bulletproof and shot him.
No, you targeted NJW on N3 with your kill while also giving Tric a gun. You didn't give NJW a bulletproof obviously since that would protect him from dying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 01, 2021, 11:43:56 am »

You played a good game, bud, but it's time to give up. You've lost.
The game's not over because you couldn't lynch me yesterday Vector.

If I was lynched yesterday I would have flipped town, and Tric would have attempted to shoot NJW at night to try to stop mafia from winning, but it wouldn't have mattered! Since NJW would have died anyway wouldn't they? Tric never would have tried to shoot you last night so a win was guaranteed if I was lynched, which almost happened if Tric's unvote was allowed!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 01, 2021, 12:58:40 pm »

A difficult decision.

... I suppose the other point would be you on every lynch. But so was I.

Parity 1-shot, gunsmith/copsensor, 50/50 Inventor(limited), deflector, interference JOAT, Ally Captain, and Commuter. And bodyguard.

.... In order for a delayed kill to work, Vector would have needed to bypass deflection. Which is an issue in the first place?

... ToonyMan Let the chips fall where they may. Also Shoot Vector Tonight. The main issue here is the whole Copsensor thing. If you are mafia vector, this trick won't ever work again.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 153