Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94394 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 1): Illuminating Lantern
« Reply #1185 on: November 07, 2021, 09:15:35 am »

... It's Roden. Delayer isn't exactly townie, and we see how Toony's ealry gunsmith claim worked out last session.

Hm, but WHY is a claim of delayer not a townie claim, especially in one's first post (as in the case with Roden)?

I'll throw in my role.  I will say that I can tell if someone was targeted by an action.  Anyone else want to volunteer some info?
i will not be volunteering information unless Forced to, as my role can determine If others are lying. Or maybe it can't, who can tell? I'm not a lie detector. the mafia will naturally assume this is a Soft/Hardclaim, and they'll be wrong. it's actually a fAkeCLAiM, NERDS!

Hm, your first post was actually much more subdued than I expected from you, Webadict.  Thanks, I guess. But, aren't most roles at least somewhat useful in determining if others are lying?
The fact they are using it to hide. By saying what their role is so early without promting, us being delayed would be seen as normal, town trying to stop the kill. But all it does is delay us, resulting in mafia being able to take advantage of it. It's also trying to get roles to reveal, giving them options on who to delay.

Put simply, just because they revealed, does not make them town. If anything Delayer is a very negative role regardless of who has it. For one, it would ruin my own role's ability if it's used on me N1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 07, 2021, 09:53:05 am »

The fact they are using it to hide. By saying what their role is so early without promting, us being delayed would be seen as normal, town trying to stop the kill. But all it does is delay us, resulting in mafia being able to take advantage of it. It's also trying to get roles to reveal, giving them options on who to delay.

Put simply, just because they revealed, does not make them town. If anything Delayer is a very negative role regardless of who has it. For one, it would ruin my own role's ability if it's used on me N1.
No thanks. TricMagic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 07, 2021, 10:03:01 am »

... That makes no sense webadict.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 07, 2021, 10:25:00 am »

No thanks. TricMagic.
Hm, it would seem that Web would like you to claim your role, TricMagic.  Or maybe it's just me.  If you were town, would it not be best for you to either say more or less than what you have already said?  Since you can't say any less any more, might as well tell us everything now.

While we have heard from everyone I expect to hear from at this point (Vector doesn't usually post much D1), I think I'd like to see a few more posts before throwing up a reads list. But I think I can start voting NJW, at least.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 07, 2021, 10:38:32 am »

No thanks. TricMagic.
Hm, it would seem that Web would like you to claim your role, TricMagic.  Or maybe it's just me.  If you were town, would it not be best for you to either say more or less than what you have already said?  Since you can't say any less any more, might as well tell us everything now.

While we have heard from everyone I expect to hear from at this point (Vector doesn't usually post much D1), I think I'd like to see a few more posts before throwing up a reads list. But I think I can start voting NJW, at least.
That's not what I said at all. I don't believe TricMagic, is all. Calling Delayer Mafia, fine, whatever, but their reasoning is wrong. By claiming Delayer immediately, they're mitigating the effects of the role. By NOT claiming it, they'd be scummier, so TricMagic is wrong.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 07, 2021, 10:50:51 am »

No thanks. TricMagic.

That's not what I said at all. I don't believe TricMagic, is all. Calling Delayer Mafia, fine, whatever, but their reasoning is wrong. By claiming Delayer immediately, they're mitigating the effects of the role. By NOT claiming it, they'd be scummier, so TricMagic is wrong.
Hm, so you're voting TricMagic because their logic is WRONG!?  Uh, doesn't the TricMagic Town/Scum analysis work the other way, in that Logical Tric = Mafia Tric?
+2 Scum Points for House Webadict!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 07, 2021, 10:59:23 am »

@Maximum Spin & Webadict: What is your read on NJW so far?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 07, 2021, 01:05:01 pm »

MaximumSpin: Why ask questions about a post that hasn't happened yet?
Because I wanted to know what he expected it to be.

TricMagic has not posted yet in this game, so I can't answer that.  Did you by any chance mean Toonyman?
Pursuantly, no, I didn't. By the way, I'm only one person.

@Maximum Spin & Webadict: What is your read on NJW so far?
He's going 80 in a 35 zone.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 07, 2021, 01:26:15 pm »

Hm, so you're voting TricMagic because their logic is WRONG!?  Uh, doesn't the TricMagic Town/Scum analysis work the other way, in that Logical Tric = Mafia Tric?
In a way, yes. Their conclusion is correct, but their leading information is not. But, if I'm fully reliant on that way of analyzing Tric, then I'd be under the impression that TricMagic can never get better, which is, in a way, completely dumb.

Call it intuition if you'd rather. I'd explain this vote a bit better, but I'd rather explain later. You can add some more scum points if you believe my explanation is unsatisfactory at that point, but I'd like TricMagic to explain more first.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 07, 2021, 01:48:41 pm »

@Jack:
I don't think both would be the mafia team, although I think there is one mafia in NJW and Max.
Hm, why? Is it because of my reasoning?

@Roden:
Toony, what's your role?
Very deadly, very stupid. It works better if mafia don't know about it.

I did originally want to poke Tric but I'm fine seeing how Toony reacts to pressure.
I appreciate the thought. I usually get to coast during every Day 1 since people just assume I'm town.

Doesn't stop me from playing though.

@Webadict:
I did originally want to poke Tric but I'm fine seeing how Toony reacts to pressure.
Nah, the right play here is that ToonyMan is actually Town. ToonyMan is so Town that I plan to pocket him without ever engaging with him. Thus, my play has begun. MUAHAHAHA!
My savior is here. Dude this shit is so easy, Webadict is town. Boom only six people left to choose from.

...As I was saying, people just assume I'm town on D1. Webadict especially likes to do this.

@TricMagic:

Your vote on Roden is ass, but I understand the paranoid after my Gunsmith claim last round.

That is the only justification your vote has. The rest of your reasoning is poor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 07, 2021, 01:55:36 pm »

-
Good stuff Toony. The chance of the roles being assigned exactly as they were in the last three games is already 1/(7!)(7!)(8!), in other words 0.000000000097638%, so your case looks pretty watertight already. More seriously, I know what this play is and I don't like engaging with it.
Thank you, thank you. I would be lying if I said I wasn't being at least semi-serious.

-
This is bad logic, and you were right to say so last game. I see your point about the probing Max thing, in that you can't really expect to read someone whose town game is so deeply scum-sided, but generally speaking I don't like excuses for not scumhunting people, Jack. If you think one of Max and I are scum, you should at least be asking me questions.
What do you think of Max so far, being the Maxpert? Can you promise to keep extra scrutiny on Max?

Jack is probably town by the way.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 07, 2021, 01:58:54 pm »

In a way, yes. Their conclusion is correct, but their leading information is not. But, if I'm fully reliant on that way of analyzing Tric, then I'd be under the impression that TricMagic can never get better, which is, in a way, completely dumb.

Call it intuition if you'd rather. I'd explain this vote a bit better, but I'd rather explain later. You can add some more scum points if you believe my explanation is unsatisfactory at that point, but I'd like TricMagic to explain more first.
How about I justy target you tonight web. Then you will know, you're all KNOW! WUBA-INC's food is the best.

More seriously, why? In what world is the delay of action resolution positive to finding out what happened and didn't happen at night? Cop results are delayed, roleblocks don't work properly, and it doesn't stop the one delayed from just dying the next night, or that very night.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 07, 2021, 02:02:42 pm »

More seriously, why? In what world is the delay of action resolution positive to finding out what happened and didn't happen at night? Cop results are delayed, roleblocks don't work properly, and it doesn't stop the one delayed from just dying the next night, or that very night.
Yeah but, the thing is, sometimes town get unproductive roles, or heavily counterbalanced ones. And in general, a mafia member who gets an anti-town role probably doesn't SAY so, whereas a town member who does very well might, since it lets everyone know ahead of time that it might come up.
It's POSSIBLE that Roden is mafia, but you can't just infer that from such a poor basis.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 07, 2021, 02:04:33 pm »

Tric, if Roden is mafia they've now forced what they're capable of fake-claiming down to exactly one thing: a delayer. This narrowing of possibilities is undesirable and I don't get the same impression I got of them claiming as mafia in Round 2 when they were with you. In fact, you should know Roden best having been mafia partners with them prior. Does that make sense? You're not even using that as part of your reasoning here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 07, 2021, 02:07:03 pm »

To be fair, ... I've got a headache, wha... Right, RVS.Unvote.

I got nothing right now. Other than a headache and too much web.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 153