Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94384 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 1): Illuminating Lantern
« Reply #1230 on: November 08, 2021, 01:15:29 am »

Anyway, my point is that you shouldn't vote for ToonyMan because it's not ToonyMan.
Why have you decided to not interact with me in this game Web? That's no fun.

I like your reads, but I feel like they're really familiar.

...Have you noticed anything with any of the players so far?

Making assumptions is a choice!
Having seen Max's play now in the last round this looks exactly the same to me. That's why I think they're probably town. It's kind of whatever now, but you'll likely see me much more openminded if say they're trying to explain themselves on Day 2 after people think they're lying about their claims.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 08, 2021, 01:21:55 am »

I really don't like people making assumptions about things I didn't say, but I will tell you this so you don't have to assume: I am only one person.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 08, 2021, 01:27:02 am »

Wow, webadict can't even be bothered to create their own reads list.  Just copied Toonyman's list.  Lazy.

EuchreJack's Reads List:
Vector: Warned us that Scum has Poison.  That would be a Town Tell, unless nobody claims to be poisoned D2.  Nobody has counter-claimed to be a Town day poisoner.
Toonyman: I'll admit, this mostly comes down to Gambler's Fallacy, but does seem to be playing different than last round.  More tricky methodical, less pushy.
Roden: Obviously burned pretty hard by mafia!Toonyman.  Claimed D1, like usual.  Claiming their particular role of Delayer is a sub-optimal D1 claim, as usual. Sub-optimal since he can't trick anyone by announcing that he's a Delayer later on, although can (and should) give info D2.  Could be cover for a Poisoner? Still trying to work that one out, but that seems risky to pull off.  We'll see on D2 & D3.
Maximum Spin: Seem like standard D1 Maximum Spin, after the cobwebs have been cleaned off the sentient AI that is Maximum Spin.  A bit too scientific for D1, should be an asset to town D2 on.  Null-slightly town (since similar behavior last game when town).
webadict: Not only can not be bothered to post their own reads list, they had the gall to copy someone else's homework reads list.  But typical Webadict.  Subdued methodical behavior does remind me more of Town!Webadict than Mafia!Webadict.  Straight Null.
TricMagic: Maybe if I scum-read you, you'll play to your potential?  Typical TricMagic mistakes, but is smart enough to "hide in audacity".  Sorta Scummy.
NJW2000:  Yes, suspicions were based upon Gambler's Fallacy, but I sense an aggression that was absent in other games.  It's like you're trying to smear players, rather than find scum.  First post was quite scummy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I underlined the areas I think existed purely to smear other players rather than actually find scum.  Also, TricMagic never answered NJW's question, yet NJW let it drop.  Vector's question also remained unanswered, yet NJW dropped it, although you can see I found it to be a scummy question to ask, since its hard to answer without looking like scum.

@NJW: You like to get questions when you're getting scumread, so why did you let TricMagic's question drop? Why did you let Vector's question drop?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 08, 2021, 01:31:09 am »

I really don't like people making assumptions about things I didn't say, but I will tell you this so you don't have to assume: I am only one person.

Ok Max, on these forums we use the pronoun "They/them/their" if we don't know if someone is self-declared as a male or female.  I think you've self-declared as male, so He/His/Him are the pronouns we should be using folks.  If you respect the They/Them/Their, I guess we should also respect the He/His/Him and She/Hers/Her.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 08, 2021, 01:37:43 am »

To be fair, ... I've got a headache, wha... Right, RVS.Unvote.

I got nothing right now. Other than a headache and too much web.

FOS TricMagic, because Web has actually been a lot less intense than other games.  Hardly see this round as the one in which to be complaining of Web's audacity.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 08, 2021, 01:38:30 am »

Ok Max, on these forums we use the pronoun "They/them/their" if we don't know if someone is self-declared as a male or female.  I think you've self-declared as male, so He/His/Him are the pronouns we should be using folks.  If you respect the They/Them/Their, I guess we should also respect the He/His/Him and She/Hers/Her.
I honestly don't care what you call me as long as it isn't that. I guess, really, I don't care that much if you keep calling me that either but I'm going to keep saying it.
But yeah, I'm male.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 08, 2021, 01:41:51 am »

I honestly don't care what you call me as long as it isn't that. I guess, really, I don't care that much if you keep calling me that either but I'm going to keep saying it.
But yeah, I'm male.
Good to know, I'll try to keep it in mind, hopefully others will as well.  We've sort of gotten in the habit around here of calling everyone They/them/their, so apologies bro/dude/man.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 08, 2021, 01:46:45 am »

But yeah, I'm male.
Good to know, I'll try to keep it in mind, hopefully others will as well.  We've sort of gotten in the habit around here of calling everyone They/them/their, so apologies bro/dude/man.
Thank you. Like I said, it doesn't bother me that much, but it does a little.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 08, 2021, 01:55:22 am »

My previous post about Max wasn't directed at them, but towards the "crowd". Otherwise I would have used "you" like I did with Web.

The same way my current post is towards everyone.

I usually stick an @ at the top of a quote when I'm directing towards someone, but not always. I'm here to determine a player's alignment, not who they are behind the screen. I'll respect someone's wishes if I'm aware but otherwise I'll probably go with they or he by default, generally the former nowadays.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 08, 2021, 06:10:13 am »

Well, I guess we're approaching the 75% mark rapidly, so it's worth posting reads. In summary: I want to lynch Web, or failing that within Roden/Toony/Max.

Spoiler: readslist (click to show/hide)

Back later today but for now I need to take a break and get on with life.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 08, 2021, 08:54:37 am »

Well, I guess we're approaching the 75% mark rapidly, so it's worth posting reads. In summary: I want to lynch Web, or failing that within Roden/Toony/Max.

TricMagic: Null. Aggressive focus on Roden, frustration at Webadict, very little else. I sympathise with his scumreading someone because of a claim he thinks shouldn't have been made, but the case he presented was really not good. Not enough information here to read Tric, although if the Roden thing is all they do today they'll be a prime elimination target.

NJW: Isn't it unusual for you to want to lynch one out of five people (in an eight person game)? Aren't you at least a little bit more specific D1 in previous games?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 08, 2021, 09:01:39 am »

@Max: They/them/theirs is also a singular pronoun according to, like, every dictionary. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/they

@NJW: Ya know, NJW, I actually would think you were Town here, but you're trying awfully hard to compare my behavior to last round. There's 3 issues that I see with that:

One, I wasn't full scum last round. I was doing a lot of fishing for clams, but I was also leaving lots of hints. But, as not full scum, my behavior was best described as Survivor. I had no kill. I was not in the informed minority, regardless of what you think.

Two, you're trying awfully hard to justify your vote on me. I don't actually know why you would need to. I feel like my playstyle amounts itself to easy evidence. It should be simple. If I do everything on purpose, which I do, then why do you need to overanalyze my behavior?

Three, your comparisons are, objectively speaking, wrong. I actually poked Max because it's hilarious and Max is objectively funny unintentionally, but I also wanted to see what you'd do about it. The answer, naturally, was disappointing, in that you point it out but don't take a more aggressive stance like last time. If I wanted to waste Town's time, I'd start engaging with ToonyMan, which I desperately want to, but need to hold back on account of we're both the same alignment, and that is Town. It's really that simple, and yet you also list ToonyMan as scum. I find it unusual that you're using my behavior from last game and not his behavior from last game. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Perhaps you couldn't find any matching scum behavior. Perhaps you wanted to use my potential scummitude to incriminate ToonyMan without any of that hassle. If I flip Town, how does that impact your read of ToonyMan?

Frankly, NJW, I don't like answering your questions because I have answered your questions already. It's why I go into rant mode. I get carried away with monologs, because I feel like if you haven't been paying enough attention, then you, frankly, deserve it, almost like chastising a child. Is that wrong of me? Assuredly so. But scummy? No. Could I be clearer in my answers? No, absolutely not, the answers are right there under ten tons of bullshit. Here is your shovel.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 08, 2021, 09:20:31 am »

I want Tric dead more than NJW: TricMagic

Have a better sense of the game now today Tric? I would like to know how you feel about everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 08, 2021, 09:27:41 am »

Don't trust NJW or webadict. Do think Maxspin isn't playing off his d1 meta. Jack is off, but not that off.

I'd say Roden is weird, but I'm weird. And it's not any weirder than last game. Also, why do you want me dead Toony? I get the feeling cause I am someone who would last till the last day otherwise, cause people think I can be swayed to make the wrong choice.

Only person I forgot is Vector. Unless we have some weird 1 mafia setup again, I trust their claim poison is in play, so slight town-read. So right now you, NJW, and webadict are the most suspicious to me.

I'd be fine with a NJW/Toony lynch. Mostly cause web is being web right now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 08, 2021, 09:42:17 am »

Tric, as town in R1 and R3 you always claimed quite readily at the start of Day 1. As mafia in Round 2 you were vague and reluctant until Vector pushed you later in the day. This is the same as R2.

In addition, you voted Roden for claiming early and readily, despite the fact this is something you do as town and should feel some sort of sympathy towards that kind of play. I fakeclaimed Gunsmith at the start of R3 and you were completely taken in and felt I was likely town because of it, where's that now Tric?

Lastly, you were mafia partners with Roden in R2 so you should possibly have a better feel for their mafia play while a game is ongoing. You're in a better position than most of us to read into Roden's D1 claim, which by the way they've done in the D1 of every round and is not alignment indicative at best from my point of view.

It seems you dropped the Roden case at least and are targeting me and NJW. Are you trying to bus NJW here? That's also in your meta...
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 153