Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 95046 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

TLDR:
Seriously, Toony, if I remove Multitasker for a second, the only teams viable consists of you, Maximum Spin and Roden.

If you add Multitasker, then you have to believe one of the following:
Vector being scum means their teammate primed them.
NJW being scum doesn't seem possible, even with this constraint, unless scum with only ToonyMan, ironically.
EuchreJack or me being scum means the Mafia was given a fairly weak but Townie investigation ability (and I have an extra constraint that I poisoned NJW for some reason)

All of those are weak possibilities.

It STILL only leaves you, Maximum Spin, and Roden. Any of those three should be voting any of the other two, if they're Town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree with Webadict and am prepared to vote Toony. I'm calling Toony/Roden.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Fine. If Web is town then I believe mafia have to be inside Roden/Jack/Max with Max/Roden being my top picks. Vector/NJW is too galaxybrain for me to see so I strongly don't feel that. If Web is mafia then it's most likely with Max. I won't self-vote because that's against my conduct, but I don't have anything else to say if it involves arguing with Web more.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I will change to Maximum Spin as they very likely mafia regardless of whether Web is town or mafia. Web also at least has a good alibi. I would like to maximize my odds of a hit. I need to calm down either way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Unvote until I can confirm the number of votes on Toonyman, whom I am inclined to vote.  I see the mafia team as Toonyman/Roden.

You would be notified if you were poisoned, yes. Nobody has claimed being poisoned. I'm not a poisoner. I have no night action.

Because Roden delayed me Web has to conclude the mafia team is Toony/Roden, which isn't true and doesn't explain the prime on Vector. If my "poison" was delayed then Roden or me could not prime Vector. Mafia primed Vector, therefore neither of us are mafia.

Web insists I think everyone is mafia, this isn't true. After consideration I don't think Vector, NJW, or Roden can be mafia. Jack has seemed like town last night, but either way I would always want Web over Jack. I am also willing to vote Max, those are my two choices.

This post is quite incriminating.  If Toonyman was town, then he would have no need to bolster Roden.  The logical fallacy that Toonyman is trying to push, and that is tripping Toonyman up, is that Roden's CLAIM of delaying Toonyman, a CLAIMED no-night action player, somehow means anything.  It doesn't.

Town Toonyman should know that Roden could just be lying.  Why bolster another player if you are town?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman: Oh hey Toonyman, I also delayed you last night, that means I'm town, right?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
*I didn't actually do that, and you know that.  I'm just trying to make a point. 
Toonyman must be lying if he truly believes Roden's delayer claim proves Roden to be town.  The question is about what.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

This post is quite incriminating.  If Toonyman was town, then he would have no need to bolster Roden.  The logical fallacy that Toonyman is trying to push, and that is tripping Toonyman up, is that Roden's CLAIM of delaying Toonyman, a CLAIMED no-night action player, somehow means anything.  It doesn't.

Town Toonyman should know that Roden could just be lying.  Why bolster another player if you are town?
This essentially summarizes my opinion too. Toonyman is playing below his level, dramatically and obviously so.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If people want to give suggestions for who I should target I'm all ears.

I think the only way Max could be a whiff currently is if it's exactly Web/Jack but I'm not really feeling that.

@Jack:
I find it unlikely that mafia!Roden would give me an alibi to the mafia night-action, but it doesn't rule them out no.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Town
Vector - unless exactly with NJW, very unlikely
NJW - god player if mafia, very unlikely

Leantown
Jack - Feels like town Jack, has alibi. Could only be mafia with exactly Webadict.

Suspicious
Webadict - I hate their play in this game, maybe because they actually think I'm mafia but it's fucking annoying. Has alibi.
Roden - probably really did delay me last night, I can't confirm, but also has no alibi
Max - big question mark, no alibi

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

This essentially summarizes my opinion too. Toonyman is playing below his level, dramatically and obviously so.
And what have you done? Or your partner Roden? Quit shit slinging and help.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Max has been helping, but maybe I'm just reading too much into his posts.  Maybe you should actually look at Roden? Or Max?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Unvote until I can confirm the number of votes on Toonyman, whom I am inclined to vote.  I see the mafia team as Toonyman/Roden.

You would be notified if you were poisoned, yes. Nobody has claimed being poisoned. I'm not a poisoner. I have no night action.

Because Roden delayed me Web has to conclude the mafia team is Toony/Roden, which isn't true and doesn't explain the prime on Vector. If my "poison" was delayed then Roden or me could not prime Vector. Mafia primed Vector, therefore neither of us are mafia.

Web insists I think everyone is mafia, this isn't true. After consideration I don't think Vector, NJW, or Roden can be mafia. Jack has seemed like town last night, but either way I would always want Web over Jack. I am also willing to vote Max, those are my two choices.

What I am saying there is that a setup of Toony/Roden isn't possible. I'm not saying Roden is cleared. I am even willing to vote Roden if people decide on that instead. I will vote Roden or Max. I concede to Web.

I think Max has been helping, but maybe I'm just reading too much into his posts.  Maybe you should actually look at Roden? Or Max?
I am doing everything in my power so that town can win this game. Please read my posts.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NJW - god player if mafia, very unlikely
Just in case we might be missing something, and a warning for Round 5:
NJW is probably one of the best Town players in this tournament.  If his mafia game is equally good, we're all in for a rough time when the dice roll NJW as scum.
Ruling out NJW due to assumptions on his skill level could be a fatal mistake.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If people want to give suggestions for who I should target I'm all ears.
I'm willing to vote Max or Roden, but I am still targeting Max if I'm lynched currently.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am doing everything in my power so that town can win this game. Please read my posts.

I believe you, but it is difficult to examine all the players all the time.  I think you got jammed up suspecting Web, and overlooked Roden and Max.

I'm now inclined to vote Roden, but not Max.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 153