Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94514 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Roden

@Maximum Spin:
Why? Do you believe Web and Jack?
See, this is why I think you're suspicious. You keep saying dumb things like this, and I believe you are smarter than that.
You didn't answer me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Alright, so nobody is voting Roden, and lots really should be.
I think I will stay on ToonyMan, on the off-chance the scumteam did go for the double poison. I might've been convinced to do so earlier, but it required a different input from Toony. Plus, if he's Town, he's still the safer option, as he would shoot someone. But, progression is progression, and I won't slow down the Roden train.
Actually, I wasn't expecting you to vote Roden, although if Roden flips Town, I will be blaming you for the push.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I think I will stay on ToonyMan, on the off-chance the scumteam did go for the double poison. I might've been convinced to do so earlier, but it required a different input from Toony. Plus, if he's Town, he's still the safer option, as he would shoot someone. But, progression is progression, and I won't slow down the Roden train.
Oh, however, I do think the delay-poison is likely impossible unless there are at least 3 scum (not necessarily all a team) or multitasking (or maaaaaybe some kind of weird-ass passive similar to what you supposed I had, but this is Mostly Vanilla), because someone had to do the priming. I could have believed, at start of day, a townie with a power that primes as a side effect, but since nobody CLAIMED such, I don't see how it wasn't sinister.

In any situation in which the delay-poison is possible, Vector is definitely not confirmed town. Indeed, Vector isn't confirmed town in *any* case... mafia can prime someone they never plan to ignite.

@Maximum Spin:
Why? Do you believe Web and Jack?
See, this is why I think you're suspicious. You keep saying dumb things like this, and I believe you are smarter than that.
You didn't answer me.
Okay. I don't really "believe" people. I agree with webadict on some things. I agree with Euchrejack on some things. I would consider Roden a valid lynch target independently of both of them, because I can indeed think for myself. In general, I am more or less willing to lynch anyone whose lynch I think would be positive, without strong preference, so I don't mind switching.

I keep my promises, so Roden. That should be 3.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Alright, so nobody is voting Roden, and lots really should be.
Actually, I wasn't expecting you to vote Roden, although if Roden flips Town, I will be blaming you for the push.
EuchreJack, I'm gonna say this nicely: You're pulling a TricMagic. Third impostering. Scumsiding. Anti-Town. Whatever you want to call it. The point is that you're purposefully blinding yourself for no good reason.

If you want to blame me for this, go ahead. I didn't push for it, dumb dumb.

ALSO

LOL, YOU JUST GOT SCUMHAMMERED BY MAX/WEB!!!

Just wanted to prove I am, in fact, not scum by posting this when I could've hammered Roden.

Is this enough proof?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, however, I do think the delay-poison is likely impossible unless there are at least 3 scum (not necessarily all a team) or multitasking (or maaaaaybe some kind of weird-ass passive similar to what you supposed I had, but this is Mostly Vanilla), because someone had to do the priming. I could have believed, at start of day, a townie with a power that primes as a side effect, but since nobody CLAIMED such, I don't see how it wasn't sinister.

In any situation in which the delay-poison is possible, Vector is definitely not confirmed town. Indeed, Vector isn't confirmed town in *any* case... mafia can prime someone they never plan to ignite.
Igniting is typically an all-or-nothing type of action. So, yes, they could do that, it's just a very silly thing to ignite your partner, so I'm not willing to believe it at all.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ALSO

LOL, YOU JUST GOT SCUMHAMMERED BY MAX/WEB!!!

Just wanted to prove I am, in fact, not scum by posting this when I could've hammered Roden.

Is this enough proof?
To be fair, if we were the team, we are both smart enough to just not do it.

The real reason we can't be the team is that we would have had to fight over which of us doesn't get to be a giant jerk.

Hold on, new post.
Igniting is typically an all-or-nothing type of action. So, yes, they could do that, it's just a very silly thing to ignite your partner, so I'm not willing to believe it at all.
... the track I used on Euchrejack would've ignited him (and only him) as a side effect if he were primed. That's actually why I asked the vig question, because I knew there was a chance I'd be killing my target. So, individual piecemeal igniting is definitely available here. This fact is also why I think it's possible that priming and igniting could be on wholly separate roles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... the track I used on Euchrejack would've ignited him (and only him) as a side effect if he were primed. That's actually why I asked the vig question, because I knew there was a chance I'd be killing my target. So, individual piecemeal igniting is definitely available here. This fact is also why I think it's possible that priming and igniting could be on wholly separate roles.
... OH. THAT'S NEW INFORMATION.

The fuck kinda role do you have?!?!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, if we were the team, we are both smart enough to just not do it.

The real reason we can't be the team is that we would have had to fight over which of us doesn't get to be a giant jerk.
We both know I'm dumb enough to try anyway.

Also, lolol.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I don't understand why Max would vote Roden, I think that makes it unwinnable for him if they're both mafia. Is it Web/Roden?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... OH. THAT'S NEW INFORMATION.

The fuck kinda role do you have?!?!
A powerful but heavily downsided JOAT.
The real power ability, the one I wish you could've copied, is... well, I've already hinted at it the same way.

I don't understand why Max would vote Roden, I think that makes it unwinnable for him if they're both mafia. Is it Web/Roden?
Because I'm town, you goof.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because I'm town, you goof.
Well, okay, I've done YOLOier plays than that as mafia, so it's not really inconceivable, but I am actually town this time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Max:
So you have powerful abilities, but there's a possibility you kill the player if they're primed?

Needless to say, don't target Vector. We are very lucky that you targeted Jack instead last night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Vector: Any chance you might consider Roden instead?  Not that Toonyman is really any better mechanically, but his freakout seems legit.
You fought off Scum!Toonyman last round, does this play seem similar to that?  Note the word usage and tone.

I mean, yes, this is perfectly within ToonyMan's range as scum.

I believe that Max is town based on his last post. I'll vote ToonyMan in say half an hour if no one objects to me putting him at L-1.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Hm, then it is possible that the primer is town-aligned, so that Town has a vigilante split between two Town players.

Ironically, Max's admission is fairly townie, since it's too incriminating for scum to make.  Hence my assumption that this split-arsonist consists of a town igniter.

@Max: Anything in your role reference sandwiches?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

No, whoever primed Vector would have claimed as town. It's likely here that Max is town while the mafia prime people to be accidently killed.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 153