Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94518 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I don't understand why Max would vote Roden, I think that makes it unwinnable for him if they're both mafia. Is it Web/Roden?
⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣶⣶
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⣀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠁⠀⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⠿⠿⠻⠿⠿⠟⠿⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⢰⣹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣭⣷⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠤⠄⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢾⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠠⣿⣿⣷⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢄⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀web not scum?   ⠀⢸⣿⣿

It's so weird that you're STILL going after me.

@Vector: Any chance you might consider Roden instead?  Not that Toonyman is really any better mechanically, but his freakout seems legit.
You fought off Scum!Toonyman last round, does this play seem similar to that?  Note the word usage and tone.

I mean, yes, this is perfectly within ToonyMan's range as scum.

I believe that Max is town based on his last post. I'll vote ToonyMan in say half an hour if no one objects to me putting him at L-1.
It would've been L-1 if Max was still on it, but sadly it is not.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

@Max:
So you have powerful abilities, but there's a possibility you kill the player if they're primed?
Well, at least one would have. I won't make any statements about the others. I've already shared useful tidbits, I don't think town gains enough from my fullclaim at this time. I'm open to convincing.

Hm, then it is possible that the primer is town-aligned, so that Town has a vigilante split between two Town players.
I THOUGHT so, but nobody CLAIMED it when they had the chance, you know? I was specifically hinting about it hoping for that.
@Max: Anything in your role reference sandwiches?
Nah, that one was a surprise to me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Updated Unofficial Votecount:
Toonyman (1): Web
Roden (3): EuchreJack, Toonyman, Maximum Spin
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (0):

4 to hammer

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

It's so weird that you're STILL going after me.
I don't trust you, at all.

I'm too spooky as mafia so Vector won't believe me, that's fine I accept that cost.

Hm, then it is possible that the primer is town-aligned, so that Town has a vigilante split between two Town players.
I THOUGHT so, but nobody CLAIMED it when they had the chance, you know? I was specifically hinting about it hoping for that.
Vector was primed 100% by scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, some info from tonight.

I am a voyeur: I can learn any abilities used on my target during the night.

I voyeur'd Vector and there were three other abilities used on them: They were inspected, targeted with an ability called "Prodigious study"and primed.

I do get some information about what the abilities I see do. Prodigious study lets someone copy an investigative ability their target has. Priming gives them the primed status, FoU wasn't more explicit about that, but I really do not think it's good.

Have asked FoU for more info on the priming, but it really looks like someone has some kind of arsonist role. Most likely scum, but maybe some kind of arsonist vig given Vector's claim about poison.

Any analysis later, time for food.

NJW also gave the arsonist primer an out if they wanted to claim as town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, what if mafia needed Tric to distribute the poison?  Sort of the opposite of the mafia needing Maximum Spin to kill off those who are primed.

@Roden: If you are town, you aren't talking enough.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Yeah, and assuming no multi-tasking there's only two people that could have primed Vector. Me or Roden.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's proooooobably because ToonyMan or Roden did it.

Probably ToonyMan, if I had to guess. The guy with the "death-related" role
Death Arsonist (sk, survivor; super-rare; 4+ players): You can prime a player at night by dousing them in gasoline. During the day, you may set a fire which kills all primed players. If you die, your fire goes off automatically. Actions: prime (day)ignite
From Xylbot.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That leaves Toony, Web, and Roden. The idea that both Toony and Web are scum again is not impossible, but the two of them arguing has been half the posts today, so that's a pretty marginal possibility. They also seems quite big on the idea of eliminating one another? Roden's dubious because of their lack of scumhunting D1 and their weird takes D2, but their vote on Tric is largely NAI to me because it came at a point where it didn't really matter, so the Tric wagon isn't relevant to my read on Roden. To be honest, I don't get why he'd do that hammer as either alignment, but hey, I guess it's one of those Just Roden Things I'm slowly learning not to flip out about. Still someone I'm worried about, but he didn't orchestrate the ML.

@NJW: I might be able to offer a possible explanation.  As you all know, in Round One I hammered Day 1 as Mafia.  One of my reasons was the analysis that mafia needs to look town, and townies generally have blood on their hands after Day 1.  I wanted to vote because I needed some blood on my hands to look town.  Shared guilt, unity in suffering, that sort of thing.  Roden might have felt that need to join in the mislynch, and did so in a way that made them look better.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Hm, what if mafia needed Tric to distribute the poison?  Sort of the opposite of the mafia needing Maximum Spin to kill off those who are primed.
Heh, that'd be a hilarious setup, but it seems unlikely that mafia would be TOTALLY dependent on town player actions to kill, or they could end up with their hands tied the whole game. They're supposed to be stronger this time than last time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Webadict:
Vengeful is death-related, that's why I hinted what I did.

@Jack:
I greatly appreciate your consideration into the game. You didn't have to do any of this as mafia which makes me feel good that it's not Web/Jack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's proooooobably because ToonyMan or Roden did it.

Probably ToonyMan, if I had to guess. The guy with the "death-related" role
Death Arsonist (sk, survivor; super-rare; 4+ players): You can prime a player at night by dousing them in gasoline. During the day, you may set a fire which kills all primed players. If you die, your fire goes off automatically. Actions: prime (day)ignite
From Xylbot.

Hm, so your theory is that ToonyMan needed to softclaim, just in case they were rolecopped? Otherwise that is too much information to give out as mafia.

I'm also not buying the Toonyman/Roden scum team.  Their actions link them in a way that a scum team would not want to do.

I've also indicated that if poison exists, I generally believe Roden to be scum.  Delayer when the mafia's kill is delayed seems under-powered, albet FOU does seem to like delayers way way way too much.  Didn't Roden roll delayer already in the tournament?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Jack:
I greatly appreciate your consideration into the game. You didn't have to do any of this as mafia which makes me feel good that it's not Web/Jack.
I appreciate the complement, although my eagerness is probably just because I didn't get to play a lot last round.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... the track I used on Euchrejack would've ignited him (and only him) as a side effect if he were primed. That's actually why I asked the vig question, because I knew there was a chance I'd be killing my target. So, individual piecemeal igniting is definitely available here. This fact is also why I think it's possible that priming and igniting could be on wholly separate roles.

This means both Web and I are now suspected primers.  Either of us could have had Primer tacked onto our ability, in the same way as Max just described.

I think the test is to see if we were sufficiently surprised by Max's announcement.  I think I indicated that I thought Max was a Firefighter, or that his tracking me was covering for a normal doctor.  Heh, silly me thinking that I was being protected instead of being almost vigilante killed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm also not buying the Toonyman/Roden scum team.  Their actions link them in a way that a scum team would not want to do.

I've also indicated that if poison exists, I generally believe Roden to be scum.  Delayer when the mafia's kill is delayed seems under-powered, albet FOU does seem to like delayers way way way too much.  Didn't Roden roll delayer already in the tournament?
omfg, Euchre.

"They're too obvious as scum to be scum!"

Who else is scum, if it's not Roden/ToonyMan? Just lay if out for me, so I can stomp your argument into the fucking dirt.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 153