Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94461 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

And yeah, I know, you're going to say "that would have been nice to know sooner", but I was TRYING to HINT it long enough to find out if there was anyone left with a protect to keep me from getting killed.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Max why are you so scared of getting Delayed if you're just a JOAT Tracker? You keep hinting at Vig but refuse to claim Vig. From your perspective, nobody can be Primer except Jack if it isn't you. So where's the suspicion towards Jack? Why not tell me to Delay Jack instead of threatening to purposely mislynch me just so you can Track someone tonight?
Why can only Jack be the primer? Why can't you be the primer?

I am not a... what even is a "JOAT Tracker"? Do you not know what a JOAT is? I get a bunch of different powers. Including the one which I was going to use tonight, if you don't delay me. But if you do I will probably die before I can use it.

... I mean... If Roden is Delaying you, then it sort of proves they're Town, no?
Sure, but if Roden is lynched and flips town, that ALSO proves he's town, and then you can have Roden back, if I don't get delayed.

I wasn't kidding about the question, guys. I can actually do that.
How can I be the Primer if I Delayed Toony? Even if you want to suggest Multitasking, I still said early into Day 1 that if a Watcher exists that they should be on Vector, which Jack agreed to after heavily soft claiming that he indeed was a Watcher. Why would I Prime Vector instead of literally anybody else who didn't have the threat of a Watcher visiting them? What is the logic behind that?

I called you a JOAT Tracker because the only hard claim you've made is JOAT with Night 1 Tracker option.

Would you move your vote off of me if I chose to Delay someone else?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, are you claiming a resurrect ability...?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How can I be the Primer if I Delayed Toony?
I have no reason to believe you did. Toony himself claims to have no action anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm voting ToonyMan as promised. Scum!Web always softpedals that I maaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be scum but he might not attack me oh no last minute time to launch Vector. Town!Web knows my alignment unerringly when I'm town. Somehow.

Anyway, Web is town, he has dropped none of his personal scumtells and I agree the old Toonster has slipped into his scumsided play.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How can I be the Primer if I Delayed Toony?
I have no reason to believe you did. Toony himself claims to have no action anyway.
Nobody else is claiming getting Delayed though, and my role PM says my target will know since they'll get a message about their action failing. Like I actually can't fake this.

Why are you believing Toony over me after literally everything he said today anyway? I seriously don't understand.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That should be a hammer.

Give me a suitable Delay target if you don't want it to be you, Max.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nobody else is claiming getting Delayed though, and my role PM says my target will know since they'll get a message about their action failing. Like I actually can't fake this.

Why are you believing Toony over me after literally everything he said today anyway? I seriously don't understand.
I mean... it could be that nobody got delayed at all because there's no delay. I hope there's no delay, then you can't stop me.

I'm not really "believing Toony over you". If anything, Toony is the one I most think is scum. I would much rather lynch Toonyman and rez him in the unlikely event that he is town, or TricMagic if he isn't. But then you come in promising to delay me!

There's this really old strategy game called Netrek. In Netrek, you pick up armies from planets to invade planets, and if your ship gets shot down while carrying armies, they are lost forever. When that happens with the last few crucial armies a team has left, it's called "dying with the armies" (which sounds generic but means dying with the armies), and it's terribly shameful.
For me to die without getting to use this power would be dying with the armies. I would rather lynch and potentially have to rez you, where at least there'd be a confirmed townie, than have my life be wasted.

Delay anyone else you like. You think it's Jack, delay Jack. That's all I'm asking.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I really don't mind be delayed.  I have a weak power, and would be happy to have two results D4.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, that was hammer.

Updated Unofficial Votecount:
Toonyman (4): Web, NJW, Roden, Vector
Roden (3): EuchreJack, Toonyman, Maximum Spin
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (0):

4 to hammer

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I can stop Roden for you Max.

See you guys after visiting my lost family.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (4): webadict, NJW2000, Roden, Vector
Roden (3): EuchreJack, ToonyMan, Maximum Spin
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (0):
4 to hammer.

webadict (nobody could figure out if he was the real webadict or simply someone borrowing his name) stepped forth. "It must be ToonyMan. Who's with me?!" As it turned out, enough people to push ToonyMan off into the execution pit.

It wasn't ToonyMan, and his ghost looked very displeased with you all.

ToonyMan was Town.

From the emanations of his now-spectral form, his specialty was clear enough. His face twisted into a rictus of anger and suffering, and he vanished through the ceiling.

Vengeful Roleblocker (town):
(Auto) Vengeful Roleblocker: When you are executed during the Day, during the following Night you may choose one player to haunt, which blocks their Night action (if they attempted any). They will be told that they were roleblocked if this does occur.

A clock chimed, singing of death.

Darkness fell onto you all, near-suffocating in its intensity and obscuration.

It almost seemed to be getting worse, if darkness could do that.

There was still the presence of something sinister in the room, making your hearts pound and shudder.

Night 2 has begun, and will end at 2 PM, Saturday, Central/Forum time. Or when all Night actions are ready to be processed and I have the time to do so.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

There were only a few sandwiches left, but there was no point letting them go bad. ToonyMan grabbed one for himself, followed by the remaining seven of you.

They still tasted good, at least. Sure, maybe some of you would have preferred hot dogs, but you decided to take what you could get for food in this hellish death game.

Hold on. Something wasn't right.

ToonyMan took another bite of his sandwich, then looked up at you all. "What?"

ToonyMan has revived.

Quote from: Votecount
ToonyMan (0):
Roden (0):
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (7): ToonyMan, Roden, EuchreJack, NJW2000, Vector, webadict, Maximum Spin
4 to hammer.

Day 3 has begun, and will end 4 PM Monday, Central/Forum time, or on a hammer.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1513 on: November 13, 2021, 05:38:01 pm »

Hahahahahah!! Hahahahahaha! I live!!

Needless to say, Max must have res'd me like he said he would.

I roleblocked Roden last night as a ghost. I was lying about being a Vengeful kill role. I am in fact a Vengeful Roleblocker.

I never thought I would be in a game where I write notes while dead, but I did under the hope that Max wasn't lying.

Spoiler: Angry N2 ghost notes (click to show/hide)

Nobody was killed at night again, so if I had to guess it's very likely NJW was primed last night. If someone was poisoned last night please claim so. Assuming two mafia this might be lylo considering the amount of players that are probably set up to die.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1514 on: November 13, 2021, 05:39:08 pm »

@Webadict: Whom did you use your super awesome power upon last night?

@Everyone else: Let's let Wuba give us his results first, perhaps.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 153