Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94361 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1530 on: November 13, 2021, 07:19:12 pm »

Webadict is never town in this game, ever.

I explained in my notes, but I can paste them here:

1. Why did Webadict target Vector on N1? During D1 other players made large hints that they were a type of investigator (such as Jack), but Webadict chose to "copy" Vector who had only hinted at the fact they were a doctor. Vector was a prime kill target, not a prime target for Webadict's inspection copy ability. His night-action choice makes no sense, but NJW spotted it so he chose to confirm himself on that.

2. As mafia last round I was the first vote on every mislynch that happened. This is a huge scumtell. Webadict is the same this round.

3. Town!Webadict would never misread both me and Tric like this.

4. Webadict didn't hesitate at all trying to kill me through all of D2 while I was hesitating over the fact we could both be town and team-killing each other. Hence why I unvoted him multiple times and wasn't even voting Web for end of Day 2. This shows an agenda-based play by Web which is a big scumtell. Mafia want to follow a plan they have and will only deviate if it benefits them.

I'm willing to out Roden today as well, but my vote is not leaving Webadict until he's dead.
1. Correct. The only way you can justify me making a target that makes no sense on purpose in this case is if you pair NJW and I together. I made a decision that, irrefutably, doesn't make sense if you think about it from a perspective of trying to obtain abilities. Unfortunately, this argument fails because you do not believe that NJW2000 and I are a team. What this DOES make sense as is someone that had just voted out a Townie needed a way to confirm what his actions were during the Night. EuchreJack had claimed the ability to watch targets, stating that he would be doing so on Vector, and thus, I determined that the best way to confirm that I, in fact, am not fucking scum, was to forgo gathering abilities (or hope that Vector had an investigation ability.) I was saved by NJW2000 of all people.

My ability is pro-Town, and there's no argument you can make to counter that. You have to take NJW2000's word for it, because it's really fucking obvious.

2. The only argument I have for this is that I'm not you? I can't argue against a scumtell for you. But, yeah, I'm gonna vote first. By that argument, anywhere I vote is scummy, because I'm either starting the bandwagon or hopping onto it. Am I pressing on the bear trap yet???

3. Well, that's patently false. I would say Town!ToonyMan wouldn't do stupid shit and go after someone who's ability and target are confirmed and whose ability is pro-Town as shit, but look at what we got here! Damn, this mirror shining in my eyes is hilarious in hindsight. This is how you fucking defend yourself, nerd.

4. Yep. Because, again, your actions were unconfirmed, and your only idea of who was scum was me, the guy who, AGAIN, HAS AN INVESTIGATION COPYING ABILITY, WHICH IS A PRO-TOWN ABILITY??? This is why I thought you were scum, because I frankly expected better from you as Town. You waffling all over the place made you look more suspicious. Duh. It's, like, not rocket science.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 13, 2021, 07:39:50 pm »

I None'd, and I have been poisoned. I will die post-elimination at EoD.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 13, 2021, 07:41:38 pm »

Yes. I'm not scum, and I won't be using this ability.
Well, maybe you should. If you're town, and Toonyman and I are both town - you must believe this at this point, I hope - then for you the plausible suspects are Vector, Roden, NJW2k, and EuchreJack, right? So, wouldn't you be curious to verify the claims of half of that group by seeing whether Vector is in fact really primed?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 13, 2021, 07:57:04 pm »

Hm, why would mafia hit Vector twice?

@Toonyman, since you are confirmed town, and want Web dead, maybe you can explain this to me.  How do we know that the scum team is not NJW2000 and Vector, with Vector having primed 2 people, and NJW2000 watching for the last two nights, with the end game being after elimination N3 when one of them primes a 3rd target and the other pushes the detonator for the win?

@Maximum Spin: I think you need to tell us how poison might exist.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 13, 2021, 08:02:45 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the question.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 13, 2021, 08:04:01 pm »

I roleblocked Roden last night and Max was res'ing me.

So you can probably cross out those two as whoever poisoned you last night. Removing NJW as well leaves Jack and Web.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 13, 2021, 08:05:17 pm »

@Toonyman, since you are confirmed town, and want Web dead, maybe you can explain this to me.  How do we know that the scum team is not NJW2000 and Vector, with Vector having primed 2 people, and NJW2000 watching for the last two nights, with the end game being after elimination N3 when one of them primes a 3rd target and the other pushes the detonator for the win?
Because Jack/Web is more likely than NJW/Vector.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 13, 2021, 08:12:40 pm »

What happened to Roden/Web? You can't be that pissed that I suggested Web might not be scum.  I mean, I think NJW/Vector is less likely than Roden/Web, hence why I asked you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 13, 2021, 08:15:58 pm »

Drat, so I am right.  Vector has been lying all along.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 13, 2021, 08:21:18 pm »

Town's gonna lose this one.

Toonyman is confirmed town, and believes the scum team to be Web/Jack
Vector has been town read for a long time
NJW is trusted due to their watcher role
Max is confirmed town, or too overly complicated mafia
Roden was suspected, but now appears mechanically cleared, since it has to be either Web/Jack or NJW/Vector.  And I've been suspecting Roden all game...
Web is still posting scummy shit that is gonna get them voted
I, EuchreJack, know that I'm town, but there is absolutely no reason for you to believe me.

Hm, that would make NJW the front runner for our little tournament.  Good game, NJW.  Go ahead, post your watcher results and falsely condemn me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 13, 2021, 08:25:12 pm »

Hey, I can probably post NJW's Watcher results for you!

"Uh, I watched Maximum Spin.  I saw an Inspect, a Prodigious study, and a Primer."

It's a lie, but you got no reason to believe me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 13, 2021, 08:27:20 pm »

At some point, you indicated that you could confirm that poison existed in this setup.  Or maybe I misread that, I'll try and hunt down the specific post.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 13, 2021, 08:27:52 pm »

UNVOTE, since it's not Roden.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 13, 2021, 08:30:22 pm »

At some point, you indicated that you could confirm that poison existed in this setup.  Or maybe I misread that, I'll try and hunt down the specific post.
Oh, yes.
I happen to also have an ability that prevents my target from becoming poisoned. (I mentioned having a protect at one point, when I was hoping to get protected and claim my rez, this is what I meant.)

Man, this was a lot for Fallacy to expect me to get you to take on faith, huh. But it's worked out so far, I guess.

Obviously this implies the existence of poison.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 13, 2021, 08:31:49 pm »

I'm gonna be so happy when you see how fucking wrong you are, it's gonna be hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 153