Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94499 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1545 on: November 13, 2021, 08:34:44 pm »

@Jack:
I don't understand the sudden shift onto NJW and Vector. Why do you think Vector and NJW have been lying now?

Jack, I only think you're mafia if it's exactly with Webadict. Web is always the first pick here though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 13, 2021, 08:35:55 pm »

@Toonyman, since you are confirmed town, and want Web dead, maybe you can explain this to me.  How do we know that the scum team is not NJW2000 and Vector, with Vector having primed 2 people, and NJW2000 watching for the last two nights, with the end game being after elimination N3 when one of them primes a 3rd target and the other pushes the detonator for the win?
Because Jack/Web is more likely than NJW/Vector.
I'm gonna be so happy when you see how fucking wrong you are, it's gonna be hilarious.
Okay, what's going on here then? Don't be afraid to be wrong three times in a row, I'll listen.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 13, 2021, 08:36:46 pm »

If the mafia group is NJW/Vector, and we assume that they have been priming people secretly, we do need to ask ourselves which of them can pull the ignite trigger. I think it's more likely to be Vector, because in that case the poison claim would essentially be a bid to survive today on the grounds that a lynch would become irrelevant.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

One last: My role definitely makes it plausible to me that mafia do actually have dual poison/priming. Certainly I can confirm they both exist in the game.
The post from Max about confirming poison.  Now to read the posts since my last post.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 13, 2021, 08:43:59 pm »

If the mafia group is NJW/Vector, and we assume that they have been priming people secretly, we do need to ask ourselves which of them can pull the ignite trigger. I think it's more likely to be Vector, because in that case the poison claim would essentially be a bid to survive today on the grounds that a lynch would become irrelevant.

Presumably, the mafia team would only be able to prime one person per night, to correspond to the normal one kill a night of a normal game.  We have no reason to believe that only one person on the mafia team could pull the ignite.  However, this means an ignite on N3 would take out 3 townies, so assuming we lynch one of them, town should still outnumber them.  Also, I'm assuming the turn resolution would go prime THEN ignite, since the mafia kill is usually last in turn resolution.
But only the mafia team and FOU would know that for sure.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 13, 2021, 08:47:07 pm »

@Jack:
I don't understand the sudden shift onto NJW and Vector. Why do you think Vector and NJW have been lying now?

Jack, I only think you're mafia if it's exactly with Webadict. Web is always the first pick here though.

@Toonyman: Since I know you've read my posts, you can see that I vaguely suspected it before, but I guess I didn't buy it because NJW seemed to confirm my role.
I also overlooked that Max sorta counterclaimed Vector, since Max only sorta claimed until now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 13, 2021, 08:47:08 pm »

The way I see it, if Webadict is town (false) the only possibility is NJW/Vector omegabraining as mafia. This is extremely unlikely.

In other words, Web has to argue NJW/Vector. He's always mafia otherwise so...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 13, 2021, 08:49:39 pm »

I also overlooked that Max sorta counterclaimed Vector, since Max only sorta claimed until now.
It's entirely possible that we both have that power.

The way I see it, if Webadict is town (false) the only possibility is NJW/Vector omegabraining as mafia. This is extremely unlikely.
Why is that unlikely, though? It's not THAT advanced a tactic, and they're both good players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 13, 2021, 08:50:02 pm »

@Jack:
Why not consider Webadict is mafia with Roden or Max? Even though both Roden and Max couldn't have poisoned Vector they could still be mafia with Web if Web is the poisoner.

I am open to Vector/NJW theories though, as we don't want to leave any stone unturned today.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 13, 2021, 08:52:21 pm »

@Jack:
Why not consider Webadict is mafia with Roden or Max? Even though both Roden and Max couldn't have poisoned Vector they could still be mafia with Web if Web is the poisoner.

I am open to Vector/NJW theories though, as we don't want to leave any stone unturned today.
Web just told you the name of Maximum Spin's power, which means Web could not have poisoned Vector unless Web was on a scum team with Maximum Spin.
And frankly, if Maximum Spin had to resurrect someone as mafia, why again is Tric dead and you alive?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 13, 2021, 08:52:32 pm »

Why is that unlikely, though? It's not THAT advanced a tactic, and they're both good players.
It means mafia chose not to kill or do anything harmful on N1.

This is possible since I was restricted last round, but FoU said they'd make mafia stronger. I was just res'd so mafia have to be at least kind of powerful. Web and NJW are not of the same alignment at least this much I feel confident.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 13, 2021, 08:54:10 pm »

@Jack:

Web just told you the name of Maximum Spin's power, which means Web could not have poisoned Vector unless Web was on a scum team with Maximum Spin.
And frankly, if Maximum Spin had to resurrect someone as mafia, why again is Tric dead and you alive?
...Why do you think Web is town Jack?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 13, 2021, 08:55:29 pm »

It means mafia chose not to kill or do anything harmful on N1.

This is possible since I was restricted last round, but FoU said they'd make mafia stronger. I was just res'd so mafia have to be at least kind of powerful. Web and NJW are not of the same alignment at least this much I feel confident.

I think you missed something.  NJW voyeured* Vector.  Vector wasn't tracked, and could have primed someone N1.  Which is pretty damn harmful.
*I said watch before, sorry for that.  Best replay NJW's message for best clarity.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 13, 2021, 08:57:03 pm »

@Jack:

...Why do you think Web is town Jack?
Because I'm town, and I can't see any mechanical way that Web would be scum if I'm not scum.  Since I know I'm town, I'm forced to clear Web, even though they're acting really scummy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 13, 2021, 08:59:24 pm »

It's entirely possible that we both have that power.

Not in a FOU game.  In this tournament, you could have similar powers, but not the same powers.  FOU is too crazy to give out two of the exact same roles.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 153