Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94503 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1560 on: November 13, 2021, 08:59:35 pm »

What did you do last night Jack?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 13, 2021, 09:01:05 pm »

I also overlooked that Max sorta counterclaimed Vector, since Max only sorta claimed until now.
It's entirely possible that we both have that power.

Not in a FOU game.  In this tournament, you could have similar powers, but not the same powers.  FOU is too crazy to give out two of the exact same roles.
To clarify, your powers could overlap, I think we've seen that.  But the roles would have to differ.  Sorta like how a Jailer protects and roleblocks could possibly appear in a game with a bodyguard who protects and dies.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 13, 2021, 09:02:39 pm »

I also overlooked that Max sorta counterclaimed Vector, since Max only sorta claimed until now.

Not in a FOU game.  In this tournament, you could have similar powers, but not the same powers.  FOU is too crazy to give out two of the exact same roles.
Well, it wouldn't be the same role, though, as I'm a JOAT with other stuff, it would just be one same ability. And Vector's power probably doesn't set people on fire.

Anyway, I do actually see a webadict/NJW team as theoretically possible, although it's hard to see how a webadict/Vector team would work. And just because Roden didn't get to do anything TONIGHT doesn't mean he's not evil.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 13, 2021, 09:03:31 pm »

@Jack:
Why not consider Webadict is mafia with Roden or Max? Even though both Roden and Max couldn't have poisoned Vector they could still be mafia with Web if Web is the poisoner.
I've realized this likely isn't possible since Web knew Max's role, so I see what you mean there.

Jack, you've realized the only person that could be the Vector poisoner is you yourself, or Vector has to be lying. I get that now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 13, 2021, 09:04:23 pm »

I inspected NJW2000.  I did this to check Web, at least a little bit.
My results were that NJW2000 was not targeted.  I figured town!Web couldn't resist knowing what was in the Maximum Spin grab bag, whereas mafia!Web would probably claim to have copied NJW2000's voyeur power as it is the more reliable investigative role.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 13, 2021, 09:06:51 pm »

@Jack:
Why not consider Webadict is mafia with Roden or Max? Even though both Roden and Max couldn't have poisoned Vector they could still be mafia with Web if Web is the poisoner.
I've realized this likely isn't possible since Web knew Max's role, so I see what you mean there.

Jack, you've realized the only person that could be the Vector poisoner is you yourself, or Vector has to be lying. I get that now.

Yes, and now I realize that I can't let Web get lynched, as a mislynch is game over.

Well, it wouldn't be the same role, though, as I'm a JOAT with other stuff, it would just be one same ability. And Vector's power probably doesn't set people on fire.
Damn, does everything you do set people on fire?  Please tell me your ability that revived Toonyman wasn't called "The Spark of Life"...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 13, 2021, 09:09:28 pm »

Please tell me your ability that revived Toonyman wasn't called "The Spark of Life"...
It was not.

It was "Fire of Life".

Sorry.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 13, 2021, 09:10:10 pm »

I inspected NJW2000.  I did this to check Web, at least a little bit.
My results were that NJW2000 was not targeted.  I figured town!Web couldn't resist knowing what was in the Maximum Spin grab bag, whereas mafia!Web would probably claim to have copied NJW2000's voyeur power as it is the more reliable investigative role.
Inteeeeresting, you watched the person that could not have been targeted anymore from what people have claimed. Gotta make sure NJW can't contradict you when he comes in right?

Are you still voting Roden?

Damn, does everything you do set people on fire?  Please tell me your ability that revived Toonyman wasn't called "The Spark of Life"...
I was struck by lightning when I was revived, so that's pretty fitting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 13, 2021, 09:10:45 pm »

Sorry, on a reread it said "like a bolt of lightning" so actually a simile.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 13, 2021, 09:12:18 pm »

Based on my flavour, it looks like I dropped a magic fire onto you from the top of the pit, so it would be pretty similar.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 13, 2021, 09:12:39 pm »

Unvote.

Okay. I'm willing to help figure this out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 13, 2021, 09:19:01 pm »

I generally get scumread because I have crazy theories, but maybe this will help:
Crazy theory: I thought I was at high risk of getting mislynched on D3.

You see, I got mislynched last round at the end of the first day.  THAT is why everyone didn't want to vote me Day 1 this time, as who wants to mislynch the same poor townie two rounds in a row?  But that subconscious towniness goes away each day, and you say to yourself "maybe I was wrong, he was town last time, so maybe he rolled scum this time?" - End of theory

Frankly, I should have said something D2.  It would have saved some aggravation, but I was busy pursuing a case, and like I just said, this sounds scummy.
The reason to tell you this is so that you can say "EJ is crazy.  None of that makes sense.  I'm smarter than that!"
...and then, hopefully, you'll think about it, and be less prone to the above error.  It's like an inoculation against poor thinking*!
*More crazy theories

Damn, I didn't realize we'd be at LYLO.  I thought it would be OK to get mislynched, or at least I could coast.  Now, I'm stuck defending the undefendable Webadict.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 13, 2021, 09:21:25 pm »

Are you still voting Roden?

Nope, I think Roden is clean mechanically.  In order for Vector to be mafia, NJW has to be mafia to make the claim of Vector being primed.

Oh, I guess mafia could have primed one of their own.  I hope they did, then we're not stuck eliminating correctly or losing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 13, 2021, 09:24:37 pm »

Vector
Because we gotta hit scum.  I'm happy to answer any questions, but I think everyone else needs time to discuss, so I'll shut up and let others discuss for a bit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 13, 2021, 09:46:12 pm »

Vector
Because we gotta hit scum.  I'm happy to answer any questions, but I think everyone else needs time to discuss, so I'll shut up and let others discuss for a bit.
Okay, I'm lost on why Vector?
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 153