Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94411 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1620 on: November 14, 2021, 01:15:08 pm »

@NJW:
Man you're right, I wasn't even thinking about that.

Why would Web target Max on N2? There's a huge reason why. On D2 Max admitted his track can cause primed people to die. Mafia don't start with this ignite so that's why Web can copy invest abilities. Neither of Web's targets on N1 or N2 make a lick of sense unless they're mafia.

Web should have targeted Jack on N1 since he was heavily hinting he was an invest role, Web did not. He targeted Vector the implied doctor.

Web should have targeted NJW on N2 since a vouyer that doesn't accidentally kill people is better than what Jack or Max claimed, Web did not. He targeted Max the one with the igniter.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 14, 2021, 01:17:54 pm »

@Jack:
You're miscounting primes. Vector was the N1 prime so at most two players will be primed on D4, with one being primed right now besides already dead Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: November 14, 2021, 01:25:53 pm »

Hi, I'm not pissed about being poisoned, I love being NKed LOL. I'm playing shitty (or not-here) this game because I'm so burned out from last round.

I have succeeded in my mission of getting Tric dead D1 and am now trying to succeed as town on zero effort U_U

I want you guys to think about priming in the context of Tric's sandwich-giving role. Tric's role "does nothing" except create a record of a neutral action between him and his target.

It's my theory as NJW says that like our JOAT's passive ignite, the mafia (or someone else) could have a passive priming action, piggy-backing onto someone else's target.

Euchrejack:

1. Regarding the poison overlap, it would make sense for me for a JOAT to have a one-shot poison move if scum also have a non-traditional NK.

2. I don't need to find your partner if it's you vs. me and I know that I'm town. You've been process-of-elimination'd according to present suspicions.

3. I've been online and reading, just not posting here. You can check my posting history if you want 9_9 Point is, yes, I coulda quickhammered if I wanted. But I didn't.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: November 14, 2021, 01:53:02 pm »

@NJW:
Man you're right, I wasn't even thinking about that.

Why would Web target Max on N2? There's a huge reason why. On D2 Max admitted his track can cause primed people to die. Mafia don't start with this ignite so that's why Web can copy invest abilities. Neither of Web's targets on N1 or N2 make a lick of sense unless they're mafia.

Web should have targeted Jack on N1 since he was heavily hinting he was an invest role, Web did not. He targeted Vector the implied doctor.

Web should have targeted NJW on N2 since a vouyer that doesn't accidentally kill people is better than what Jack or Max claimed, Web did not. He targeted Max the one with the igniter.
It really doesn't matter who I targeted because you think I'm scum no matter what.

You know what, just fucking kill me. I'm cool with it. I used my fucking investigation copy to prime Vector somehow AND ALSO to copy Maximum Spin's track-ignite ability which is a one-shot so that I could ignite one person potentially with my INVESTIGATION COPYING ABILITY.

So, just to reiterate just how dumb that sounds, I'm an Investigative Student, BUT I'm also a Primer, with some type of Multi-task or the ability to perform a doubled action. And the bonus I receive by copying Investigative abilities... IS A ONE-SHOT IGNITE-TRACK? AGAINST A REVIVE ABILITY?!? (BECAUSE NJW2000 CAN CONFIRM THAT MY ABILITY CAN ONLY COPY INVESTIGATIVE ABILLITIES) AND YOU THINK SCUM IS SOMEHOW POWERFUL WITH THAT SETUP!?!

I'm astounded, truly, by the depths of your inanity, and I'd fully rather be dead than play with you, as confirmed Town, being this dumb. Truly, utterly, insanely. You acted like complete scum Yesterday, and, had you not, I would have unvoted you. It's kinda that simple. I, fully, do not see a way to convince I'm not scum, so I'm on board to lose the game.

Simplicity is insane to you. If I make insane theories, then you call that insane, but if you make insane theories, they're gold. Sure thing. Fucking blow my brains out. I'm into this shit. I'll hammer myself, just to prove you wrong! I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Because you cannot possibly fathom how 4 people hammered you, and I, alone, was the scum vote on that. That makes sense.

I pushed harder on you BECAUSE Roden claimed Delay on you, so you potentially had a double poison showing up the next Day. It made complete sense to do, and you acted as scummily as possible. And if you want to vote me out for that, that's really on you, and it will always be on you. Forever. I probably could try harder to defend myself, but it's a bit harder to do when you're a confirmed Townie, so I'd honestly rather just lose than deal with it. If you actually, truly, 100% think I'm scum, there will be no winning this game for Town, and I'd rather just get it over with now.

Thanks for listening to my TED Talk.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: November 14, 2021, 01:59:14 pm »

Hi, I'm not pissed about being poisoned, I love being NKed LOL. I'm playing shitty (or not-here) this game because I'm so burned out from last round.

I have succeeded in my mission of getting Tric dead D1 and am now trying to succeed as town on zero effort U_U

I want you guys to think about priming in the context of Tric's sandwich-giving role. Tric's role "does nothing" except create a record of a neutral action between him and his target.

It's my theory as NJW says that like our JOAT's passive ignite, the mafia (or someone else) could have a passive priming action, piggy-backing onto someone else's target.

Euchrejack:

1. Regarding the poison overlap, it would make sense for me for a JOAT to have a one-shot poison move if scum also have a non-traditional NK.

2. I don't need to find your partner if it's you vs. me and I know that I'm town. You've been process-of-elimination'd according to present suspicions.

3. I've been online and reading, just not posting here. You can check my posting history if you want 9_9 Point is, yes, I coulda quickhammered if I wanted. But I didn't.
^Exactly what I claimed D2 for Max. I absolutely believe it. But, the only two people that could've done that are you, Maximum Spin, or Roden, unless you count Multi-task shenanigans.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: November 14, 2021, 01:59:49 pm »

So let's go through some statistics.

Web/Max - 0% - Web wouldn't need to copy Max's ignite if they're both mafia.
Web/Vector - 0% - NJW would need to be mafia too.
Web/NJW - 0% - As I said at the start of D2, only one of these players is mafia. Call this an intuition after seeing Tric flip town and reading D1.
Web/Roden - 20% - It's possible, but I find unlikely right now.
Web/Jack - 80% - This is the one.

I'll be doing Web/Jack first in my looksie as they are the most likely pairing, followed by Web/Roden.

PPE:
waah I'm a baby
Vote me bitch.

On a more serious note, you're still posting like a jester. I don't sense an ounce of sincerity out of you, because you can't. For three days you've played the clown. Ignoring me on D1, sitting a vote on me D2 and doing nothing, crying like a baby on D3 because my logic fucking owns, yeah, you're scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 14, 2021, 02:03:22 pm »

As NJW has stated, we can't mechanically figure out how mafia work until the game is over. Thus, our reads needs to be based on actual post analysis that is supported by mechanical info, not solely relying on it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 14, 2021, 02:14:35 pm »

Voting you would be stupid. Hammering myself is *chef kiss*.

Web/Jack makes complete sense. Here, let me map it out for you:

N1:
webadict has a Prodigious Study (100% confirmed by NJW2000 about what this does and how it works.) webadict uses this ability on Vector (100% confirmed by NJW2000.)
EuchreJack has Investigate (100% confirmed by NJW2000 about what this does and how it works.) EuchreJack uses this ability on Vector (100% confirmed by NJW2000.)

One of these two uses Prime on Vector. (Has to, as no one claimed it.)
In fact, why don't we ALSO say that one of us also poisoned NJW2000, just to really make it even. We can just fucking assume it, or the Mafia team isn't balanced at fucking all.

webadict, after conferring with EuchreJack, decides that the best fucking move is to go after TricMagic when EuchreJack points out that I should be defending TricMagic D1.
webadict, ALSO after conferring with EuchreJack, ALSO targets Vector with a copying ability. To really, just, fucking, nail that investigation on Vector. This is done to prove that I targeted Vector... BUT, ALSO to cover up for the prime... Which I had to use on Vector at the same time for reasons. Probably role related. Let's not think about it, shall we?

So, N2:

webadict copies Maximum Spin (I've been proven to have this ability and proved it by stating Maximum Spin's ability name.)
EuchreJack targets NJW2000 (cannot be confirmed, sadly.) But, we know, for a fact, that EuchreJack has this ability, so it wouldn't make sense not to use it.

But, since we definitely have a Poison Tonight, one of us POISONED VECTOR. AFTER WE HAD PRIMED VECTOR. That makes sense, #1.
I'm assuming in this scenario that we also Primed another target, so that I could ignite one of them Tonight.

The sheer brilliance of these Night actions is, simply, staggering. I'm, somehow, going to put as much danger on myself as possible to go after TricMagic instead of pocketing him, AND ALSO GO AFTER TOONYMAN AFTER TRYING TO POCKET YOU?!

Astounding. Truly. This is the best Mafia play I've ever done. God, how am I so good at being Mafia?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: November 14, 2021, 02:20:56 pm »

As NJW has stated, we can't mechanically figure out how mafia work until the game is over. Thus, our reads needs to be based on actual post analysis that is supported by mechanical info, not solely relying on it.
Except that you can confirm pieces, like the fact that Prodigious Study is 100% confirmed to exist, and it 100% works as I claimed UNLESS you don't believe NJW2000.
And you can equally 100% confirm that Investigate exists and 100% works as EuchreJack claims UNLESS you don't believe NJW2000.

You want to justify having a 3-man scumteam, maybe? I'm just that scummy that I've got NJW2000 scumming for me with EuchreJack AND Vector backing me up!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 14, 2021, 02:43:43 pm »

My theory is that Primes turn into Poisons automagically. Thus it still being Roden. The secondary of others being able to carry the Prime is possible, but if Vector is Primed, there is no reason to Poison Vector. But if Vector softclaims Poison Doctor, it does make sense to Prime Vector, and it also allows Roden to Poison from Roleblock.

Frankly, doesn't clear me, but that's what I think.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 14, 2021, 03:47:28 pm »

Max or Web, what exactly does the Ember Track do?
Haven't read rest of thread yet, sorry if web already answered, but:

It does exactly what I said before. It is a track, telling me who someone visits during the night, that also ignites a target who was previously primed. It told me that EuchreJack visited Vector, and did not ignite him.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 14, 2021, 04:02:57 pm »

Although Roden's actions n1 can't be confirmed, it would have taken brass to claim to have delayed Toony without knowing whether Toony could have said "no you didn't".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although Roden's actions n1 can't be confirmed, it would have taken brass to claim to have delayed Toony without knowing whether Toony could have said "no you didn't".
I don't have a night action. I'm a vengeful townie, if I'm lynched during the day I can choose to kill one player. I will be targeting Web if I'm lynched, still want to go?
ToonyMan claimed first.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 14, 2021, 04:26:42 pm »

Ah. Shit.
Yeah, that makes Roden look pretty bad, since I agree that "prime your target's target" is an intuitively likely way out of this quandary.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 14, 2021, 06:08:54 pm »

Jack and Vector are the only players who can't be ruled out through confirmed night actions. Though Vector's alignment resolves itself tonight anyway, if they don't die from Poison like they've claimed then we can just vote them out tomorrow.

If Vector is mafia and is not voted out, then there is no tomorrow.  Vector (or scumbuddy) detonates the 2 existing primes and 1 new prime.
There is no tomorrow where town can "fix this" if Vector is mafia.

Although, your delay might bring town a 50% of not losing N3.  But does that save town?
In this scenario, mafia cannot win, even if I'm paired with Vector. Otherwise, if I'm town and they're scum, if Vector doesn't die of Poison tonight then all I have to do is Delay them to stop a mass Ignite. At most, mafia could have one townie Primed, because Vector is still confirmed to be Primed Night 1 (unless NJW lied, which he only does if paired with Vector).

Even assuming unrestricted Multitasking:

Roden/Vector Scum Team
Night 1- No Poison, Vector is Primed
Night 2- Vector fake claims Poison, an unknown townie is Primed
Night 3- an unknown townie is Primed, Mafia chooses to Ignite

In this scenario, two townies die, but so does Vector. Even if we mislynch today, making it 4v2, it still becomes 2v1 Day 4 and I'm confirmed as scum. It's still a Town win.

NJW/Vector Scum Team
Night 1- No Poison, NJW fake claims that Vector is Primed, an unknown townie is Primed
Night 2- Vector fake claims Poison, an unknown townie is Primed
Night 3- an unknown townie is Primed, Mafia chooses to Ignite

...Oh, ok, yeah you're right, I'd only have a 50% chance to stop the Ignite. When I did the math in my head it looked better for town, but yeah that specific scenario is a win for the mafia. So I guess voting Vector is the safest play here. Tomorrow is likely end game though if they're town.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 153