Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94496 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1650 on: November 14, 2021, 06:57:23 pm »

@Jack:
You're miscounting primes. Vector was the N1 prime so at most two players will be primed on D4, with one being primed right now besides already dead Vector.
@Toonyman:
You're believing NJW2000.  While I respect his logic, I am unwilling to trust him.  What if NJW2000 is lying?
You're smarter than this, Toonyman.  I mean, you really are.  You have to look at all the options.
I have. I believe NJW over Web. If that means town loses then that just means NJW is the better player and I accept that.
Really?  That is it?  You're our confirmed townie, and you're just giving up?
Hardly. I'm writing a post for tonight why you and Web are the mafia team so I can gloat if I'm right after the game is over. If I'm wrong then I can learn where to improve, such as with my misunderstanding of Tric on D1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 14, 2021, 06:58:09 pm »

What a waste of a confirmed townie
I agree. But, he's 100% set on me being scum, so you're an unfortunate casualty of him retroactively justifying his bad choices.

I honestly think the best way to deal with him is to prove that the team is Roden and me, and then vote out Roden, because Roden is solo-scum.

@Jack:
You're miscounting primes. Vector was the N1 prime so at most two players will be primed on D4, with one being primed right now besides already dead Vector.
@Toonyman:
You're believing NJW2000.  While I respect his logic, I am unwilling to trust him.  What if NJW2000 is lying?
You're smarter than this, Toonyman.  I mean, you really are.  You have to look at all the options.
I have. I believe NJW over Web. If that means town loses then that just means NJW is the better player and I accept that.
That's not true. You've looked at all the options where I'm scum, which is *checks notes* completely wrong.

Toonyman
Fine, you want to lose, then go for it.
What the fuuuuuuuck are you doing.

Hardly. I'm writing a post for tonight why you and Web are the mafia team so I can gloat if I'm right after the game is over. If I'm wrong then I can learn where to improve, such as with my misunderstanding of Tric on D1.
You can learn right now, because it's Roden.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 14, 2021, 06:58:23 pm »

Toonyman
Yes! Vote the confirmed town!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 14, 2021, 06:59:39 pm »

Toonyman
Yes! Vote the confirmed town!!
Vector
At least I got your attention.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 14, 2021, 07:00:14 pm »

@Jack:
@Toonyman:
Really?  That is it?  You're our confirmed townie, and you're just giving up?
Why you gotta think like a Loser, Toonyman?  Join team Winner, actually look at the game!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 14, 2021, 07:00:54 pm »

I am not voting Roden. I roleblocked him last night and I believe the motivation and logic behind both of his night-actions. If Roden is mafia there's no partner that makes sense, so Web is correct that he would have to be solo scum, but that would also mean he bypassed my block and I strongly don't believe this is a solo mafia game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 14, 2021, 07:01:50 pm »

Vector is also town unless exactly with NJW who I believe is town. You're trapped Jack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 14, 2021, 07:02:22 pm »

Web, we still can't afford to get into a pissing match with Toonyman, so lay off ok?

I am not voting Roden. I roleblocked him last night and I believe the motivation and logic behind both of his night-actions. If Roden is mafia there's no partner that makes sense, so Web is correct that he would have to be solo scum, but that would also mean he bypassed my block and I strongly don't believe this is a solo mafia game.
Hey, we agree on something!  Good job Toonyman!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 14, 2021, 07:03:06 pm »

Vector is also town unless exactly with NJW who I believe is town. You're trapped Jack.

Alright, just for a second, try imagining the world from my point of view.  I know I'm town.  The confirmed townie thinks I'm scum.  What do I do?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 14, 2021, 07:04:10 pm »

That's a big negatory, ghost rider.

If Primes turn into Poisons, then it makes plenty of sense.

Unless you want to argue the scumteam both Primed AND Poisoned Vector on consecutive Nights.

Web, we still can't afford to get into a pissing match with Toonyman, so lay off ok?
Oh, but it's soooo easy. All you have to do is be right, and it just sends him into an angry spiral!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 14, 2021, 07:05:58 pm »

@Web: Yeah, but he's confirmed town, so other town might actually listen to him.  We're wasting time getting into these pissing matches.  People don't want to read about it, then they ignore us, then they vote us, then town loses.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 14, 2021, 07:06:47 pm »

-
Not much to say in response to most of this, but if mafia have poison as well as arson, and didn't N1 poison for some reason, then yes it does make sense balance-wise.

-
Uhhh... wait up. Prodigious study gives you a permenant copy of the ability, whatever that means. I assume that a permenant one-shot is a one-shot nonetheless, but I'd better check this with FoU.

-
Toony... I am not voting Jack today without extremely convincing evidence. Weird theories are not enough. After you and myself, EJ is my last target today due to reads and a very clean record mechanically. If you think there is a case on Jack, I am going to read your arguments with more charity and attention than anyone else's, but you need to present it to us in one properly-argued post.

I mean, Web I'm starting to think is very likely scum. Throwing stuff out like "primes turn into poisons after a night"... he's better than that. So if that's your main target, less of a high burden of proof.

Toonyman
Deep breaths. We can figure this out. I think Toony has gone a little mad with power after being townconfirmed and res'd, but there's still 7 players and most likely 2 mafia, we don't need his vote, strictly speaking.

EDIT: please stop posting before I can post, smf has stopped me like three times
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 14, 2021, 07:09:13 pm »

Ok, FoU's online, so it turns out web just gets the one one-shot.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 14, 2021, 07:14:45 pm »

Yeah, so anyway, Roden.

@Web: Yeah, but he's confirmed town, so other town might actually listen to him.  We're wasting time getting into these pissing matches.  People don't want to read about it, then they ignore us, then they vote us, then town loses.
Uggggghhhhhh.

Okay, but here's the thing, right?

Vector isn't likely to be lying because Maximum Spin backs up the poison thing. And I'm willing to believe NJW2000 and Vector aren't a scumteam because it doesn't make much sense. But, that literally leaves Roden, and ONLY Roden, as a possible suspect. Roden's actions are unconfirmed N1, and we've got a Prime and a Poison, both scum actions, happening to Vector. Why would scum Prime and then Poison? Because Prime turns into Poison. It would make sense that Maximum Spin can Ignite Primes, so that people can't find the causes of Poisons, AND if Maximum Spin is able to verify that Primes don't happen to them, then, again, the setup can be fairly balanced. Heck, ESPECIALLY if Roden can get other people to do their actions for them.

The point is that I'm not voting for Vector. I'm voting for Roden. And only Roden. Because Roden is the only person that can be scum.

Ok, FoU's online, so it turns out web just gets the one one-shot.
Well, whaddaya know, looks like I was telling the truth, eh? There's a reason for that: I'm not scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 14, 2021, 07:15:20 pm »

Let me share a little bit of speculation I have as part of my larger post as a teaser, although let me state again that behavioral analysis is more valuable than mechanical guessing:

Web's target becomes poisoned the following day.
Jack's target is primed concurrently with their inspect.

Web targets Vector N1
Jack targets Vector N1

Vector becomes primed, will become poisoned on D3

Web targets Max N2
Jack targets NJW N2

Vector's poison kicks in, still primed
Max has their Ember Track copied, will become poisoned on D4
Jack primes NJW

This post has just as much value as any of Web's shitty posts that don't scumhunt.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 153