Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94469 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1665 on: November 14, 2021, 07:16:51 pm »

Like look at that, Web is voting Roden purely because of mechanical info. The exact same way he voted me on D2 and lazily voted Tric on D1. He doesn't care, at all. He's not scumhunting, he's not looking into how people are playing or anything. Complete garbage.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 14, 2021, 07:20:46 pm »

Unofficial Day 3 votecounts
    ToonyMan (0):
    Roden (1): Webadict
    EuchreJack (1): Vector
    NJW2000 (0):
    Vector (1): EuchreJack
    webadict (1): Toonyman
    Maximum Spin (0):

No Execution (0):
    Not Voting (4): Roden, NJW2000, Maximum Spin
    4 to hammer.

Day 3 has begun, and will end 4 PM Monday, Central/Forum time, or on a hammer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 14, 2021, 07:22:35 pm »

Like look at that, Web is voting Roden purely because of mechanical info. The exact same way he voted me on D2 and lazily voted Tric on D1. He doesn't care, at all. He's not scumhunting, he's not looking into how people are playing or anything. Complete garbage.
Yep. You got me. My partner is Roden, though, so you should consider voting for them first.

Let me share a little bit of speculation I have as part of my larger post as a teaser, although let me state again that behavioral analysis is more valuable than mechanical guessing:

Web's target becomes poisoned the following day.
Jack's target is primed concurrently with their inspect.

Web targets Vector N1
Jack targets Vector N1

Vector becomes primed, will become poisoned on D3

Web targets Max N2
Jack targets NJW N2

Vector's poison kicks in, still primed
Max has their Ember Track copied, will become poisoned on D4
Jack primes NJW

This post has just as much value as any of Web's shitty posts that don't scumhunt.
Seriously, easy questions: Why would we Prime AND Poison Vector? Also, explain to me, please, which ability Poisons Vector from the list from NJW2000. Because, I'd have to have some type of echoing ability that Poisons to do that, because it didn't happen on N1 by your list.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 14, 2021, 07:25:21 pm »

On D2, NJW made a post where he compared my case and Web's case on Tric and determined that I was a more likely hit than Web between the two.

On D2, Web yelled over and over that mechanically the scum had to be inside me, Roden, and Max.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 14, 2021, 07:27:55 pm »

On D2, Web yelled over and over that mechanically the scum had to be inside me, Roden, and Max.
Weird, Roden is in that trio. Damn, I good at this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 14, 2021, 07:30:08 pm »

Vector, you're wrong about Webadict. He's mafia.

NJW, you're wrong about Jack. He's mafia.

I am here to show you the light. Unless Web and Jack actually work together and push a NJW/Vector team it's over for them. Max is town. Roden is town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 14, 2021, 07:33:59 pm »

I'm trying to tell you, Toony, you're looking for specters. I'm not scum. You just gotta accept that you were just that scummy that I voted you over literal scum. Not the first time I've done it, won't be the last.

Vector, you're wrong about Webadict. He's mafia.

NJW, you're wrong about Jack. He's mafia.

I am here to show you the light. Unless Web and Jack actually work together and push a NJW/Vector team it's over for them. Max is town. Roden is town.
It's not NJW or Vector. I refuse to vote for them. You will literally never see me try. You will eliminate me before I go after them. It doesn't make sense for the team to be Vector/NJW. One of them scum with Roden? Possible! But, I'm not gonna go after NJW/Vector because that team makes no sense.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 14, 2021, 07:34:19 pm »

Uh, Toonyman.  Why are you against voting the person who hammered you:
I'm voting ToonyMan as promised. Scum!Web always softpedals that I maaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be scum but he might not attack me oh no last minute time to launch Vector. Town!Web knows my alignment unerringly when I'm town. Somehow.

Anyway, Web is town, he has dropped none of his personal scumtells and I agree the old Toonster has slipped into his scumsided play.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 14, 2021, 07:36:30 pm »

You know, it would be great if NJW could explain the full details of the abilities he saw.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 14, 2021, 07:38:12 pm »

But, I'm not gonna go after NJW/Vector because that team makes no sense.

We apparently differ on the world "sense", but just an FYI, it doesn't have to be Vector/NJW.  It just has to be Vector/someone else.  Vector/NJW is just the worst case scenario, because it means two townies are primed rather than one townie and one mafia.  So for today, I have to work on the Vector/NJW hypothesis.

You know, it would be great if NJW could explain the full details of the abilities he saw.
Yes, NJW's info has been...inconsistent.  NJW has complete descriptions for Web's ability, but can't define "Primed".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: November 14, 2021, 07:40:06 pm »

Honestly, I have been pushed into the despair state at this point. Town deserve to lose if this is the best we can do even after I resurrected a confirmed townie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 14, 2021, 07:41:06 pm »

Uh, Toonyman.  Why are you against voting the person who hammered you:
I'm voting ToonyMan as promised. Scum!Web always softpedals that I maaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be scum but he might not attack me oh no last minute time to launch Vector. Town!Web knows my alignment unerringly when I'm town. Somehow.

Anyway, Web is town, he has dropped none of his personal scumtells and I agree the old Toonster has slipped into his scumsided play.
The only answers I have are insulting, so per your request, I won't say them.

But, ToonyMan can't make a team of me and Vector, so he has to accept Vector is Town. Same for NJW2000. And since I refuse to go after them, it only reinforces that thought. But, if I also went after them, it would reinforce this thought. Toony has recreated the Toony Tunnel.

Honestly, I have been pushed into the despair state at this point. Town deserve to lose if this is the best we can do even after I resurrected a confirmed townie.
I, disappointingly, agree.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 14, 2021, 07:43:38 pm »

Well, it isn't that bad.  It's just disorganized.  Heh, maybe you would have been better off resurrecting TricMagic.
Toonyman is pretty much useless for this day, but might prove his worth in later days.
Webadict is being Webadict, no idea what their end game might be.
Roden is pretty sharp.
NJW2000 is cooperative.
Vector is...well Vector.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 14, 2021, 07:48:01 pm »

Okay, one thing I want to stipulate for everyone is that, after last game, a totally solo Roden (not even any ally) is insane.
The irritating thing is that it doesn't even make sense for a scum webadict to be pushing it.

If Roden is solo mafia here, I will be complaining to the manager.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 14, 2021, 07:48:13 pm »

Web, wtf are you doing? I can't be solo scum because I was role blocked when a Poison happened, and this isn't a bastard game so we know mafia can't bypass role blocks. Prime turning into Poison isn't a thing that could ever exist because again, this isn't a bastard game, plus it would severely handicap mafia if they had to wait for two days for their NK to actually do anything.

Furthermore, I already proved we can't be the scum team. I was role blocked the same night you performed your Study action, which NJW confirmed you have and Max confirmed that you did it successfully. Yet there was still Poison.

It's impossible for me to be solo scum, and the only players I could be paired with are Vector and Jack. And I've already explained that if me and Vector are the mafia team, we already lost since they wouldn't actually die from Poison today and instead get themself killed with the supposed Ignite factional ability. This leaves Jack as my only potential partner that is not only possible, but also doesn't end in an automatic loss for the mafia team. But you town read Jack, so I should be town through PoE.

"But what about Multitasking?"

Then I'm hard confirmed as town because I claimed to Delay Toony Night 1. If I was Multitasking Mafia, I could use my fractional kill and Delay someone, I wouldn't have to fake claim targeting Toony like you accused me of doing.

Preview edit: Guys. It makes it a lot harder to keep up when you hyper post. Give us time to talk.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 153