Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94491 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Round Over): The Demon Shatters Time
« Reply #1785 on: November 16, 2021, 02:35:18 pm »

You're right, I don't think I would have changed my mind on D3, no. Maybe if you didn't make me feel miserable on D2 for doubting you over NJW I would have been more considerate, and I don't know how to say that any way else.

It was obvious Euchre was Town because he asked Vector if you were Mafia on Day 2. That was such a Town!Euchre play that it was impossible for me to ever vote Euchre.
Fair point, I didn't notice that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 16, 2021, 02:42:13 pm »

It was obvious Euchre was Town because he asked Vector if you were Mafia on Day 2. That was such a Town!Euchre play that it was impossible for me to ever vote Euchre.
Fair point, I didn't notice that.

Uh, could someone explain that a bit further?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 16, 2021, 02:45:08 pm »

I wish I wasn't lying about being a regular Vengeful Townie. I was targeting Roden N2 regardless which means he would have died instead of merely being roleblocked.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 16, 2021, 02:48:50 pm »

I wish I wasn't lying about being a regular Vengeful Townie. I was targeting Roden N2 regardless which means he would have died instead of merely being roleblocked.

You won't be learning anything from Round 4, will you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 16, 2021, 03:00:48 pm »

I've learned that being mad doesn't help at all. And my moments of clarity were when I listened to Jack because he was nice to me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 16, 2021, 03:14:26 pm »

I've learned that being mad doesn't help at all. And my moments of clarity were when I listened to Jack because he was nice to me.

LOL.  That totally won't backfire on you when I roll mafia...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 16, 2021, 03:15:23 pm »

You're right, I don't think I would have changed my mind on D3, no. Maybe if you didn't make me feel miserable on D2 for doubting you over NJW I would have been more considerate, and I don't know how to say that any way else.
Fair. A lot of that was because you continued to put me on Mafia teams (other than NJW2000/me, which would've been the only combination that makes sense) when my ability and target were readily confirmed by NJW2000 (and were also very Townie in nature). I would not have been able to vote for NJW on D2 at all, but I would've potentially jumped to Roden or Max. My tunnel on Day 2 focused a lot on you still trying to incriminate me in spite of the massive evidence for me being Town. Silly, yes, but it is a move you pull while scum.

I think the only way to convince me would be for me to acknowledge that a Roden/Toony team would never have claimed Roden delaying Toony and that a double poison the following Day would've been an instant vote. That was my key missing detail.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 16, 2021, 03:19:57 pm »

In my defense, I was voting Roden as a way to prove I wasn't paired with them. So if we both agreed that Roden was mafia...I know this isn't full-proof since Roden flipping mafia would just make me look like I'm bussing, especially since I was lying about being a killing Vengeful role. I should have been honest about my role, but I wanted to seem more threatening to mafia than I was for reactions.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 16, 2021, 03:23:36 pm »

In my defense, I was voting Roden as a way to prove I wasn't paired with them. So if we both agreed that Roden was mafia...I know this isn't full-proof since Roden flipping mafia would just make me look like I'm bussing, especially since I was lying about being a killing Vengeful role. I should have been honest about my role, but I wanted to seem more threatening to mafia than I was for reactions.

Actually, lying about your role was one thing I think you did right.  Your claim of vengeful was mistimed, however.  Maybe should have been D1 or at most very early D2?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 16, 2021, 03:25:00 pm »

The Web - Toonyman pissing match however was a mistake irregardless of the alignment of either party.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 16, 2021, 03:26:31 pm »

On to more exciting news, hey everyone join Totem Mafia!  Post that you want to play there!

FOU, maybe we can come back here later? Maybe you would like to play some Totem mafia yourself?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 16, 2021, 03:41:01 pm »

Considering I don't want to get in the way of Meph's game, I think it's fair to say I can delay the Final Round to after Totem Mafia finishes. Sadly I doubt I can join it myself as I have my final college semester to deal with.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 16, 2021, 03:43:14 pm »

Considering I don't want to get in the way of Meph's game, I think it's fair to say I can delay the Final Round to after Totem Mafia finishes. Sadly I doubt I can join it myself as I have my final college semester to deal with.

But if you're not playing forum mafia, what else can you do during those boring college lectures?  :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 16, 2021, 03:43:59 pm »

But if you're not playing forum mafia, what else can you do during those boring college lectures?  :P
Chat on Discord, probably
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 16, 2021, 03:46:12 pm »

I will disagree with Euchre here because you lying about your role was another factor for voting you. If you were a Vengeful Townie, you could shoot someone as a backup, buuut I also thought you were lying about it anyway.

Not lying about your role would've been points for you not just because I was pretty sure you were lying, but I was pretty sure you DID have a death-related role like you claimed D1. I was having trouble justifying what it was scum could have like that because it definitely wasn't Vengeful Townie, but Vengeful Roleblocker would've been a 100% Townie role, and been major credit for you.

Not sure why, but I could tell your roleclaim wasn't truthful... I just had a feeling you were lying to me. I could never use it as justification, but that is why I was more willing to push you on that. My gut feeling was you maybe were a Vengeful Mafioso, with a one-shot kill but only on death. You definitely didn't look like you were lying D1, so I assumed I was gonna be shot at Day end.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 153