Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94494 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R5, Day 2): Cherished Spark Of Hope
« Reply #2040 on: January 22, 2022, 05:17:34 pm »

@Jim:
Thanks for the reads. I'll write out my own D2 ones soon.

@Jack:
I have an idea.

What if we lynch Toaster and have you use that item on Webadict tonight? I think that might be optimal.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 22, 2022, 05:18:37 pm »

@Webadict:
I really only targeted EuchreJack because I figured he'd be alive Today, but, eh.
@Web: This bothers me because I don't understand why you would target someone that you thought would be alive (me), rather than someone that would likely be dead (Jim).  Also, why me again? What made me more likely to be alive than other players?  I had some doubts whether I was going to see Day 2, so why were you so sure of me rather than other players?

One other thing: Why is Web discussing Poison/Priming?  Nobody has said they were poisoned, and in the previous Fallacy games people knew when they were poisoned.

@WebAgain: What about Magma?  Town or scum? Why?
Because my goal is primarily to clear myself, and claiming to action the dead guy usually makes me look like scum.
What do you plan on doing if you're alive for N2?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: January 22, 2022, 05:21:29 pm »

@Webadict:
I really only targeted EuchreJack because I figured he'd be alive Today, but, eh.
@Web: This bothers me because I don't understand why you would target someone that you thought would be alive (me), rather than someone that would likely be dead (Jim).  Also, why me again? What made me more likely to be alive than other players?  I had some doubts whether I was going to see Day 2, so why were you so sure of me rather than other players?

One other thing: Why is Web discussing Poison/Priming?  Nobody has said they were poisoned, and in the previous Fallacy games people knew when they were poisoned.

@WebAgain: What about Magma?  Town or scum? Why?
Because my goal is primarily to clear myself, and claiming to action the dead guy usually makes me look like scum.
What do you plan on doing if you're alive for N2?
Well, my ability is only meant to find Multitaskers, so I guess target someone that is suspicious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 22, 2022, 05:40:46 pm »

@Webadict:
Mafia having multi-tasking is only implied if you're telling the truth. The other case is that you're lying and most likely partners with Toaster...which I want to believe. Jim is offlimits today because they'll be confirmed town tomorrow so there's no point. I think everyone else is town except Magma which I'm getting more nervous of.

D2 reads:

Town
Jack - pretty sure Jack is town, they're fully engaged with the game and solving, I feel even better about giving them an item last night
Max - same as Jack
Roden - it's our cop, NJW was a town miller so Roden looks even better

Neutral
Jim - kind of just ignoring, we'll know tomorrow
Magma - Jim might be right, me and Jack were clearing Magma because of outside reasons which could be incorrect here, I feel like they didn't care what I had to say and already had an agenda in mind

Scum
Webadict - all over the place, claims motion detector which isn't 100% provable. I really think they're mafia with Toaster or maybe even Magma I need to reread this
Toaster - Toaster claims they blocked Roden, but also Roden was blocked himself, why? Toaster was also being really cagey and step-by-step with his roleclaiming which feels calculated too

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 22, 2022, 05:56:53 pm »

So then you think there's two scum Roleblockers?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 22, 2022, 06:05:43 pm »

It's possible, although like I said in my case post I think the more likely scenario is that Roden interacted with something Toaster has.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 22, 2022, 06:07:15 pm »

This is also why Jack using their item on you tonight is better than them using it on Toaster tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 22, 2022, 06:12:43 pm »

It's possible, although like I said in my case post I think the more likely scenario is that Roden interacted with something Toaster has.
So, your suspicion of me is predicated on Toaster.

In essence, you're building a case for Toaster so that you can swap when I flip Town, because you can shrug your shoulders on that.

Weeeeeeeiiiiird.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 22, 2022, 06:17:18 pm »

I think Toaster is just an Ascetic.

@Web: Why are you pushing the Two Roleblocking Scum when Toaster being a lying Ascetic Roleblocker explains everything?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 22, 2022, 06:18:35 pm »

Are the setups in this series always confusing to navigate? I'm getting the impression the night game is difficult to sort out because all sorts of random and arbitrary nonsense can happen.

Not sure how available I'll be on the weekends.
ToonyMan
I feel that his recent posts have been shallow. His points against web are things that look ostensibly scummy, but lack substance. For example, who cares if web bandwagoned onto NJW? He had already expressed suspicion there.

My second suspect is Roden. I feel like he's coasting on the Cop claim. His play here contrasts greatly from the other game we played together, where he was town and actively trying to solve the game. In this game, he's talking more about his own role interactions with Toaster and waiting for other people to post. I get the impression that he's comfortable allowing the lynch to fall wherever it falls today.

I strongly suspect that webadict is town. His play doesn't make sense from a mafia perspective. I don't support any of the votes. The only way web can be scum here is if it's with Toaster, which... alright, but why would we lynch web first in that situation?

Is your contention that ToonyMan/Roden is the scum team? How does that team work with the claimed N1 game we know about?

I also don't see ToonyMan's posts as shallow or insubstantial so I view your grounds for voting him as suspect.

If I'm to say anything here, it's that Toaster's role is literally too suspicious to be scum, and while that's the stupidest thing I've ever said, I'm all in on that stupid fucking idea.

Or at least, Toaster's definitely not lying. Maybe he's scum. It just seems too stupid for him to be scum.

Stuff like this is why it's difficult for me to get a hold of this game. This is noise.

Please tell me you are not doing this intentionally.

My reasoning is that I was pretty sure you were Town, and I very much wasn't a fan of Maximum Spin's reaction. I'm down to vote out Maximum Spin here. I still feel like a Maximum Spin/ToonyMan team explains everything, and that ToonyMan might be giving out guns to kill people.

Is the substance of your case against Maximum Spin this mechanical argument that he was blocked and his reaction to Toaster voting him?

Stripped away of all the noise the case it's not meritless but it's not a slam dunk either.

@Toony: I actually was hoping the Mafia killed Max N1 because he was flaunting his role and it was an easy way to get rid of him because he's unreadable half the time. I was actually wondering if Roden was some type of Mafia meant to throw the Millers off or if Toaster might somehow be scum, but I'm much more confident that Max is lying and Toaster is telling the truth. Either that, or you actually did prime Euchre or something.

I'm going to make the observation that you were hoping Maximum Spin would get night killed so at some level you thought there was a reasonable chance of him being town. Toaster claiming jailer opened up the possibility that MS was the target of the night kill, which is something that you were hoping for, but this didn't seem to change your opinion about MS very much.

Part of the reason why I believe it's Max is because he was literally against a No Launch at the beginning of Today. He has explicitly stated that he will vote for a launch. With Toaster gone, this feels like a slam dunk for the Mafia team, as it removes what amounts to the only Roleblock against them. I'd much rather prefer me over Toaster in this case, as Toaster's role can still potentially win this.

Why would anybody advocate a no lynch when it's not milo?

Oh I see, your contention is that Maximum Spin wants Toaster dead in particular as his reason for not wanting to no lynch, versus just being an aggressive player.

webadict is also the only person bringing up no lynching on Day 2 after a Night 1 with no kills and giving Maximum Spin flak for not wanting to no lynch.

It's really weird.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: January 22, 2022, 06:22:48 pm »

My apologies to Roden. I had seen the comments between you and Web and suspected it was a scum team. I now think Web just buddied you, and you responded to that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: January 22, 2022, 06:24:01 pm »

So, your suspicion of me is predicated on Toaster.

In essence, you're building a case for Toaster so that you can swap when I flip Town, because you can shrug your shoulders on that.

Weeeeeeeiiiiird.
Just because I mentioned Toaster in that sentence and not you doesn't make that true. Your behavior is worse and more suspicious than Toaster's. Especially on Day 1. Which is why I'm voting you. I'm honestly hesitating if this is the optimal move or exactly what you want at this point.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: January 22, 2022, 06:27:03 pm »

I disagree. Not knowing the kill method gives a viable reason to No Launch. With a Poison/Prime kill, it seems completely reasonable to No Launch. And if a kill happens, we're at odd numbers again.

But, the reason for not doing so is that Jim or EuchreJack probably die Tonight, and winding up at the same place Tomorrow. It's not entirely meritless if you want more role information.

But, I'm not really gonna argue for it.

Anyway, ToonyMan is literally prepping to launch Toaster Tomorrow. Please vote him out. Thank you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: January 22, 2022, 06:48:35 pm »

I am a bit concerned about the unclaimed 3rd action mentioned by Web.

Note: I was Not told that I was poisoned, so I probably was not

Thus, either I was Primed, Inspected, or Doctored. If I was Doctored, then Web is Mafia. If I was inspected, Web is probably Mafia on a role fishing expedition. If I was Primed, Web is probably Town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: January 22, 2022, 06:49:25 pm »

Are the setups in this series always confusing to navigate? I'm getting the impression the night game is difficult to sort out because all sorts of random and arbitrary nonsense can happen.
Yes. See 2 and 3 especially.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 153