Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93494 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R5, Day 2): Cherished Spark Of Hope
« Reply #2070 on: January 22, 2022, 11:01:04 pm »

I don't believe Roden is lying. They claimed second, right after NJW, there haven't been any other cop claims, and we've had two roleclaims that would mess with him. Besides that I feel they're being genuine.

Magma, you voted NJW mainly because NJW's vote on Roden looked bad, right? Do you believe your reasoning is better, why?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: January 22, 2022, 11:16:23 pm »

I don't believe Roden is lying. They claimed second, right after NJW, there haven't been any other cop claims, and we've had two roleclaims that would mess with him. Besides that I feel they're being genuine.

Magma, you voted NJW mainly because NJW's vote on Roden looked bad, right? Do you believe your reasoning is better, why?
My reasoning for what, for suspecting Roden? The entire reason for why I'm not voting Roden right now is because of the cop claim. I think his play has been by far the scummiest today, for reasons I've already mentioned. The tl;dr being that he isn't trying to find scum at all.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: January 22, 2022, 11:31:45 pm »

N1:
Jim does nothing
Toaster jails Maximum Spin
EuchreJack gives radio to Maximum Spin
Maximum Spin targets EuchreJack, is blocked
Roden tries to inspect Toaster, is blocked
webadict targets EuchreJack, gets three pings
Magma Mater does not block Roden/did not target EuchreJack
ToonyMan gives item to EuchreJack

Toaster's claim is supported by Maximum Spin's claim
ToonyMan's claim is supported by EuchreJack
EuchreJack's claim is supported by MaximumSpin

So I'm thinking. Aren't there more actions than there are people?

webadict, EuchreJack, and ToonyMan account for four - Inventor item giveaway to Jack, Jack giving away a radio, webadict targeting EuchreJack and getting three pings, and the unclaimed third ping that webadict claimed
Roden accounts for two - Roden's blocked inspection, the unclaimed blocker
Toaster and Maximum Spin together account for two - Maximum Spin attempting something on EuchreJack, getting jailed by Toaster
Magma Mater claims to not have targeted either Roden or EuchreJack

This is nine actions with eight remaining players in a game with seven roles that can actually perform actions.

So,

Roden is lying about being blocked
Toaster is lying (or is wrong) and is actually an ascetic
webadict lied about targeting EuchreJack or the number of pings he got
Magma Mater lied about who they targeted

I'm inclined to believe Roden and Toaster more than I am Magma Mater and webadict at this point.

I don't believe Roden is lying.

Roden was also the first person to claim some sort of failed role result on Toaster.

My reasoning for what, for suspecting Roden? The entire reason for why I'm not voting Roden right now is because of the cop claim. I think his play has been by far the scummiest today, for reasons I've already mentioned. The tl;dr being that he isn't trying to find scum at all.

My second suspect is Roden. I feel like he's coasting on the Cop claim. His play here contrasts greatly from the other game we played together, where he was town and actively trying to solve the game. In this game, he's talking more about his own role interactions with Toaster and waiting for other people to post. I get the impression that he's comfortable allowing the lynch to fall wherever it falls today.

Why is a 75% reliable cop who's scummy because he's coasting on his cop claim and who you suspect of lying not worth voting because of his cop claim?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm there's a lot about Magma Mater that's bothering me, and more than webadict right now.

Magma Mater.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: January 22, 2022, 11:53:47 pm »

@Magma:

Okay, but why am I a better vote over Roden if my action is confirmed by Jack? Roden claiming cop is also mechanical but isn't even confirmable currently.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: January 22, 2022, 11:58:32 pm »

Alright, scrounged up some internets, lets go~

Regarding ToonyMan: Unless you think me scum, you have confirmation that ToonyMan is an inventor. 
Now, is ToonyMan a Scum Inventor or a Town Inventor?
The only info is whom ToonyMan gave their invention.  Which is me.  How many of you are reading me as not just town but LOCK TOWN?
ToonyMan on D1 indicated that I was probably Town.  Would the purchase of my vote be more useful than giving stuff to a player that hard to frame?

Regarding Magma: Did Magma say that they didn't action me? Or did we just assume they said that? Magma did claim ninja, but they threw that into their Obviously Fake claim on D1.  So the Ninja part actually looks legit.

I'm inclined to vote Roden over Magma, purely because Magma seems to have more to offer.  Roden's ability is patently unreliable, and Roden pulled the only parlor trick he could out of it.  Magma has unlimited potential.  Even better, if Magma is town, that unlimited potential means drawing a night kill over someone that is more obviously town.  Going to the grave to keep secret? What commitment!  I'm swooning over Magma!

Regarding Toaster & Roden: As Magma pointed out, they could just be misunderstanding and misinterpreting townies.

Max: Private chat, looks legit to me.
Jim: Awaiting Day 3 reveal

So Webadict again.  I usually fall for the sympathy and other manipulative ploys and stop voting the scum.
My theory is that Webadict is telling the truth about being a Motion Detector, but is mafia.  Maybe telling the truth about my being primed because their scum buddy did the deed.  Reeks of Too Much Information.  Who is talking about Priming? Who is questioning mafia's ability to kill? Who desperately wants to implicate Toonyman, even though the Third Action Person would be a far better suspect? Who is bringing up Multitasking?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: January 23, 2022, 12:01:59 am »

Regarding Magma: Did Magma say that they didn't action me? Or did we just assume they said that? Magma did claim ninja, but they threw that into their Obviously Fake claim on D1.  So the Ninja part actually looks legit.

Yes.

Checking in. No-kill is surprising. I'll say that I was neither responsible for the lack of kill, nor did I target EuchreJack. More later.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: January 23, 2022, 12:06:44 am »

I'm inclined to vote Roden over Magma, purely because Magma seems to have more to offer.  Roden's ability is patently unreliable, and Roden pulled the only parlor trick he could out of it.  Magma has unlimited potential.  Even better, if Magma is town, that unlimited potential means drawing a night kill over someone that is more obviously town.  Going to the grave to keep secret? What commitment!  I'm swooning over Magma!
Well, I'm not swooning over it.

I think I'm actually going to vote Magma. What'd you do last night?

PPE:
Yes.
Checking in. No-kill is surprising. I'll say that I was neither responsible for the lack of kill, nor did I target EuchreJack. More later.
That's what I thought, and then here they give me this corrective attitude by saying "I claimed to have not blocked Roden" when I mentioned that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: January 23, 2022, 12:08:49 am »

Thanks for clarifying.  So everyone is steering clear of claiming credit for that third action.  It must be awful then.
Still think Webadict is playing overwatch for scumbuddy like NJW did as Mafia Watcher in Round 4.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: January 23, 2022, 12:14:50 am »

N1:
Jim does nothing
Toaster jails Maximum Spin
EuchreJack gives radio to Maximum Spin
Maximum Spin targets EuchreJack, is blocked
Roden tries to inspect Toaster, is blocked
webadict targets EuchreJack, gets three pings
Magma Mater does not block Roden/did not target EuchreJack
ToonyMan gives item to EuchreJack

Toaster's claim is supported by Maximum Spin's claim
ToonyMan's claim is supported by EuchreJack
EuchreJack's claim is supported by MaximumSpin

So I'm thinking. Aren't there more actions than there are people?

webadict, EuchreJack, and ToonyMan account for four - Inventor item giveaway to Jack, Jack giving away a radio, webadict targeting EuchreJack and getting three pings, and the unclaimed third ping that webadict claimed
Roden accounts for two - Roden's blocked inspection, the unclaimed blocker
Toaster and Maximum Spin together account for two - Maximum Spin attempting something on EuchreJack, getting jailed by Toaster
Magma Mater claims to not have targeted either Roden or EuchreJack

This is nine actions with eight remaining players in a game with seven roles that can actually perform actions.

So,

Roden is lying about being blocked
Toaster is lying (or is wrong) and is actually an ascetic
webadict lied about targeting EuchreJack or the number of pings he got
Magma Mater lied about who they targeted

I'm inclined to believe Roden and Toaster more than I am Magma Mater and webadict at this point.

I don't believe Roden is lying.

Roden was also the first person to claim some sort of failed role result on Toaster.

My second suspect is Roden. I feel like he's coasting on the Cop claim. His play here contrasts greatly from the other game we played together, where he was town and actively trying to solve the game. In this game, he's talking more about his own role interactions with Toaster and waiting for other people to post. I get the impression that he's comfortable allowing the lynch to fall wherever it falls today.

Why is a 75% reliable cop who's scummy because he's coasting on his cop claim and who you suspect of lying not worth voting because of his cop claim?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm there's a lot about Magma Mater that's bothering me, and more than webadict right now.

Magma Mater.
Because as crazy as I am, "Scum Cop" is a crazy assumption to make at 8p. Especially with so many unknowns. The truth is that his claim has earned him some slank cover. If he's still slanking at 5p then I'll be willing to reassess.

@Magma:

Okay, but why am I a better vote over Roden if my action is confirmed by Jack? Roden claiming cop is also mechanical but isn't even confirmable currently.
Why would I care if your inventor claim is confirmed? How is that relevant?
Cop claim is relevant because we have a flipped miller. Inventor claim is totally different.

Well, I'm not swooning over it.

I think I'm actually going to vote Magma. What'd you do last night?

PPE:
Yes.
That's what I thought, and then here they give me this corrective attitude by saying "I claimed to have not blocked Roden" when I mentioned that.
Just acknowledging this and repeating that I won't be claiming today.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: January 23, 2022, 12:25:07 am »

Hm, let's assume Magma has some sort of investigative ability.  Revealing that could get Magma killed before they have anything worth disclosing.
Isn't that worth keeping around?

Not really in the mood for associative analysis at this point, but I'm seeing Roden/Toaster/Magma as possible scum.  Do they have a common Most Likely Partner?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: January 23, 2022, 12:25:45 am »

Because as crazy as I am, "Scum Cop" is a crazy assumption to make at 8p. Especially with so many unknowns. The truth is that his claim has earned him some slank cover. If he's still slanking at 5p then I'll be willing to reassess.
You know why those unknowns exist, right?

I can't be lying unless I'm mafia with Jack. Mafia have to be lying in this situation to account for the unknowns, therefore voting someone who could be lying sounds sensible to me.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 23, 2022, 12:30:10 am »

I can't be lying unless I'm mafia with Jack. Mafia have to be lying in this situation to account for the unknowns, therefore voting someone who could be lying sounds sensible to me.
Are you actually trying to imply that you cannot possibly be a mafia inventor??

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 23, 2022, 12:33:20 am »

Cop claim is relevant because we have a flipped miller. Inventor claim is totally different.
Because you might be able to ascertain whether or not ToonyMan is scum via the inventor claim.  Or "more likely scum" vs. "More Likely Town".
Why do you think ToonyMan gave me something?  Why not someone else?  Why not their scumbuddy?
Who needs a fake claim when your scum buddy can just GIVE you something to do?

Are you actually trying to imply that you cannot possibly be a mafia inventor??
ToonyMan could TOTALLY be a mafia inventor.  But is it more likely than ToonyMan being a Town inventor?  That is the question!

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: January 23, 2022, 12:34:20 am »

Seriously, the "unknowns" that people are basing the entire game on could both be explained by moderation quirks.

1. The Roden "block" can be explained by either of them not understanding their role / result correctly.
2. The webadict 3rd person can be Max who was blocked but still counts as "targeting".

The most likely scenario here is that y'all are chasing after a couple of red herrings. I don't get why that's difficult to understand for the people in this game. Just play Mafia please.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: January 23, 2022, 12:36:48 am »

Seriously, the "unknowns" that people are basing the entire game on could both be explained by moderation quirks.

1. The Roden "block" can be explained by either of them not understanding their role / result correctly.
2. The webadict 3rd person can be Max who was blocked but still counts as "targeting".

The most likely scenario here is that y'all are chasing after a couple of red herrings. I don't get why that's difficult to understand for the people in this game. Just play Mafia please.
Good points, especially in a Fallacy game.

Other than ToonyMan, what are your other suspects?

@ToonyMan: What are YOUR other suspects?

Maybe you two could agree to go after them instead of each other?  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 153