Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63114 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #330 on: January 02, 2022, 01:32:47 pm »

Chiyo shakes her head.
"Thanks for the offer, but...Hanako keeps me well taken care of. I wouldn't want to impose, anyway."
"Hanako, huh? Isn't that what that missing heiress all over the news is called? The Kazuraba heiress, right, Akihiko?"
"...yeah, but I don't think we'll get that lucky with it being her. Besides, you wouldn't happen to have her last name, would you, Chiyo?"

The mysterious girl shakes her head. Akihiko exhales.
"Figures."

On the other side, Kirishima continues knocking.
"Akitsuki! We need some help! I-I mean, if you're not too busy with K-Kasuga...I-I can come back later if you are! I swear I won't say anything t-to anyone!"
"E-eh!?"
"....what the hell gave her that idea?"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 01:34:38 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2022, 01:46:04 pm »

"You two are gonna be the last to figure it out, aren't you?"

Mildred took a quick check to make sure there were no Kaijin among the group and then opened the door.

"What's up, Kirishima?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2022, 01:50:03 pm »

"I'm a little surprised they missed it, given people kept calling Saya-chan Kasuga's girlfriend.  That's a really common rumor..."

Aika shrugged, then smiled and waved over at Kirishima.

"Sorry~!  Everyone was talking pretty loudly for a while.  Don't mind us, if you wanted to ask Akitsuki-san something; I was just about to head out."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 02, 2022, 02:14:26 pm »

Mori shot Kirishima a smile that would have been disarming on someone else.

"Don't worry about me being here, just fixing some bets, maybe bugging the room for blackmail purposes, don't worry about it." He said casually as he shoved Saya into Akihiko's arms and grabbed Chiyo by the hand. He turned his smile to the latter.

"We've got a lot of things to discuss. I really want to learn more about your friends, and definitely schedule a meet and greet between our groups." he said as he lead the girl out the door.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 02, 2022, 02:27:50 pm »

"...figure what out? Since when did Saya become my girlfriend again?"
"Eh?"
The door opens, revealing a small, black-haired girl. Anyone who attends the Computer Club might know her; Kirishima Shiina, computer whiz, shy as a wallflower, but second only to club president Futaba.

The girl's eyes widen as the door opens.
"Eh? Uh...so it wasn't Kasuga and Akitsuki doing....anyway."
She clears her throat.
"We were just going to ask if Akitsuki could help us, um, set up some stuff for the Theatre Club! Um....we were hoping if you could, um, get Sawatari to see about lending us some of the AV equipment-"
As Mori passes near Saya, Kirishima's eyes lock onto him and she quickly stops him.
"Sawatari! Oh, okay, I-I didn't need to track you down. Um, the school asked us to help you handle the upcoming inter-school play with Amamiya. W-we're already working with the Computer Club over in Amamiya, a-and....well, Futaba got a message from Mishima asking if they could do a count of what equipment we have, so I was wondering if we could borrow them to do a count and maybe do some tests on them? It's last minute, I know, but..."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 02, 2022, 02:46:36 pm »

For a second, upon hearing the name "Mishima" a look of blazing hatred passes behind Mori's eyes. Then, just as suddenly as it appeared, it blinks into nothingness, as if it was never there.

"Yes, of course, anything to make sure the play runs smoothly. I'll text Veep to start getting the equipment out for you. Would you like it delivered, or are you ok with heading to the Theatre Room to pick it up?"

He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to the club's group chat.

"Computer club is going to count and test our AV equipment. Get it out and sort it, please. Veep's in charge. I'll inform you if anything more is asked of us, still speaking to their Rep and the Helper Club."

"I suppose I should stay here for a bit just to make sure everything is properly coordinated then. Anything else pressing?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 02, 2022, 02:53:20 pm »

Shiina shakes her head.
"That's fine. Tetsu and Keita can pick it up. I do still need to borrow Akitsuki."
"For what?"
"We were hoping we could get an extra hand on, um....a thing. I don't really wanna talk about it here. D-don't worry, it's not personal business-"
"Oh, don't worry! Um...."

She glances back at Akihiko and the group.
"Um....maybe...we could use this place as a meeting place for when, um....things happen? It's a little easier that way."

She gets dragged off by Shiina, leaving Akihiko. When he's sure Shiina is out of earshot, he continues.
"...she has a point. We could use the Helper's Club room to meet up to discuss Kaijin stuff. If we need to. Besides, nobody else but us two use it and we already know about Kaijin stuff."

In the discussion, however, Mori notices that Chiyo has slipped away, his hand no longer holding hers.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 02, 2022, 03:06:11 pm »

"Very well. Let's meet up after school today to debrief what occurred today and decide on some way to contact each other if we need to. For now, I need to get to class and find someone to interrogate. I'll see you after school."

With that, Mori stepped out, walking towards his next class while also searching the halls for Chiyo as best he could without being late.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 02, 2022, 03:13:46 pm »

"Hmm, choices. Do I actually go to class, do I catch a nap here, or do I hang out on the roof...?"

Mildred tapped her lower lip thoughtfully as she considered her options.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 02, 2022, 04:19:03 pm »

With everything that happened thus far, Shoji could only nod at Akihiko's proposal, glancing up at the wall to double check the time,

"Y-Yeah, that sounds fine. I can be back here when school's over. I'll just, erm... Need to grab my stuff from the newspaper club. But I think I should, uh... Get going, I need to make sure I get to my next class on time" Shoji answered, turning and running out of the Helper's Club room. She wasn't sure if she could even concentrate on school work at this point, but she wasn't going to tank whatever standing she had by not attending.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 02, 2022, 09:22:20 pm »

As the party splits apart for the moment, the bell signalling the end of lunch time rings through Hermelin.

Like that, you are back to the normality of school life. For the moment.

As the school day ends, your free time begins...
[Now Playing: Free Time Theme (Demon Soul Saga Default) ~~Want to Be Close~~]

Free Time is now in session. All players have five Activity Points. All facilities are accessible.
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2022, 12:41:45 am »

Masaru almost remarked that he had not heard of the "Judge Hathorne" Sawatari referenced (likely a theatre thing, no doubt), but admitting it would only play into his hands, so he instead continued to ruminate on the Aegaeon problem... but before he could fully engross himself in the subject, the bell pulled him back sharply into reality.

"A-agreed! I have to get to class!"

He bolted towards the door, before turning back to the group with some hurried remarks.

"I'll see if I can make time for further meetings. Normally, I wouldn't make promises with altering my schedule, but I'm not letting go of this opportunity."

"Now, don't do anything to make me regret associating myself with any of you! We'll be seeing each other soon."

And with that, Masaru Demura vanished back towards his classroom.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2022, 12:43:54 am »

Mildred watched him go with a bemused smirk.

"He's such a serious person, isn't he?"

Mildred will spend three activity points as such:
1. Studying mechanics in the Library for a point of RES
2. Practicing in the Batting Cages for a point of DEF
3. Exercising in the Gymnasium for +15 EVA
And then go see what the deal with July is.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2022, 06:01:06 am »

Mildred
As Mildred arrives at the batting cages, she finds a familiar face.

She sees a bunch of elementary school children hunched around an upturned crate with a repurposed plastic arena, the sort used for Beyblades (or so Mildred heard, they were slightly before her time). Within, a pair of beetles fight for a few moments, with one beetle being eventually overturned. One of the kids pumps his fist, cheering.

The sole non-elementary student at the table smiles as he forks over a bunch of yen bills.
"Good game, kiddo."
"Hah! I knew Ichigo would win! Thanks so much, big bro!"
"Just don't tell your parents. They won't be happy you've been hanging out with me, huh? Now come on, you gotta be somewhere and your mom said she wants you back home by five, Takuya."
He pats the kid he lost the beetle fight to as both of them place their beetles back into matchboxes. The kids begin to disperse, Takuya last, as he grins, counting his hard-earned money.

The older student then notices Mildred's arrival. Mildred, of course, knows him well enough. Known as the banchou of Amamiya, friend to children, the sort of old-style guy you don't see nowadays with an old-style sense of honor, and a frequenter of Mildred's illegal races, the possibly self-proclaimed "King of Beasts", probably one of the only people that could match Mildred and Akihiko in a fight.

Akutagawa Jin waves at Mildred.
"Yo."
At some other point in time....
Mildred arrives at the local branch of July. It's....well, exactly what you expect out of a branch of a chain of supermarkets. Not particularly interesting, plenty of quick and dirty jobs for quick cash, and the most interesting clientele are the old ladies who shop there. Aside from the occasional mysterious craftsman from the old town, of course.

Still, the jingle is pretty catchy.
Mildred gains 1 point of RES and DEF.
Mildred gains +15 EVA for the next map!
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 06:02:39 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2022, 11:10:00 am »

"Regret associating. . . no, it doesn't matter." Shiro sighed. "I can't make any promises to come back either." She didn't exactly feel like giving up any more of her free time. "I guess if you desperately need me, you can give me a call. I'm sure the 'evil mastermind' has my number somehow." With that, she gave a perfunctory wave that made a halfhearted attempt at looking polite before heading out of the room.

Shiro heads to the Batting Cages to improve her DEF.
She goes to the Library to improve her MAG.
She goes to the Science Room for the +10 crit.
(She has a missed assignment to catch up on.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 85