Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63145 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2022, 03:24:43 pm »

"So let word get around. I'm not worried about it. Me and my dad might not exactly be high status but we, ah, have friends in low places as the song goes."

Mildred wasn't as interested in the 'my father can beat up your father' topic and instead steered the conversation away from it.

"So what's your opinion on what it means to trifle?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2022, 05:46:32 pm »

"Mostly, I think of things that actually affect us. Father's real worried about the family image. I, for one, believe in action. Mess with my turf, rough up my boys, then there's payback, but I don't care about some dumbass spewing some hot air unless he's already in throwing range." Shiro sighed. "He's probably right, though. Image means a lot nowadays. I mean hell, I just asked you to help maintain mine."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2022, 06:16:24 pm »

Masaru spends two Activity Points brushing up on his Magic in the Library, before heading to the Gymnasium for +10 Crit.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2022, 03:01:41 am »

"Anything you want to keep secret, my lips are sealed. Besides, we all have a pact of sorts now, I guess. A whole bunch of alter egos."

Mildred looked curious.

"Since it's loud enough in here no one's gonna hear us in the cage, I gotta ask. Your Kaijin. What do you think about it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2022, 11:56:10 am »

To say that a lot had happened would be a major understatement. Yui was absent-minded during the escape and after they returned to the real world, still internally struggling with how to move forward from now on.
The rest of school passed along as normal, even if Yui wasn't quite able to pay as much attention as usual. Whatever spare time was left during school, and shortly after her final unit for the day concluded, was her excusing herself to hit the books in the library. Hisa and Morimoto wouldn't believe what she experienced today anyway and being so beside herself would just make them more nervous than her excusing herself. First and foremost, she wanted to stay away from herself as much as possible, so hitting the books was the only proper way to do so.
Once her time started to run out, she went home to freshen herself up before taking her part-time job at July. She doesn't want to inconvenience her aunt with the additional household costs too much even if she always says that Yui shouldn't worry about it. It wouldn't prevent her feeling guilty for having been thrown into her life like that anyway.

As her job concluded, she was still feeling numb in her head.

"What a day..."

Out of instinct (and a hint of insecureness), she checked her bag, and felt something strange in one of them. It was the letter she received earlier today from Sasanuma, something she pushed away mentally before she genuinely forgot about it due to, well, everything today.
She shifted aside, away from the busy part of the road, and read the letter fully before deciding to visit the Batting Cages to wash her worries away with light physical exercise.

Yui hits the library for +2 RES, followed by working at July and unwinding at the Batting Cages afterwards for +1 DEF.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 05, 2022, 03:20:05 pm »

Jin laughs.
"Heh. I can't drive worth a damn myself."
"I can only imagine the thrill being behind the wheel in a race like that. Must be real somethin'."

Suddenly, a girl approaches the table.
  "...Jin. Who's this?"
Jin grins.
"Ah. Yeah, I don't think you two have met, since you're never at school. Honda, this is....Fujimura Ayaka, captain of the tennis club. Close friend o' mine. Her backhand's amazin'. Ayaka, this is Honda. We run in the same kinda' circles."
Mildred notes that Jin hesitated when saying Ayaka's name, as if he wasn't sure about it. Ayaka nods at Mildred.
  "A friend of Jin's is a friend of mine. It is a pleasure to meet you, Honda."

Masaru
As Masaru studies at the library, he runs into Rise.
"Hello, Demura."
After a few minutes of quietly working....
"....I heard about you and Futaba. Specifically, what you said."

Masaru gains 2 points of Magic.
Masaru gains +10 Crit.

Yui
The letter is very simple. And yet the contents might be surprising.
Quote from: Sasanuma Eisuke
I'm sorry for what happened last year. Deeply, truly sorry.

Feel free to ignore this letter. I had a feeling you wouldn't want to talk to me alone, so I had to do it this way.

If there is any way I can make it up to you, please let me know.

Yui gains 1 point of RES. The Library is no longer able to grant any more points this chapter.
Yui gains 1 point of DEF.
Yui earns 100 yen.
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 05, 2022, 04:48:39 pm »

In his trance of studies, Masaru hadn't noticed Rise approach him until right before she confronted him about Futaba. She knew very well to wait for his attention to lose its death grip.

"I told her that my time is important, and that it would be preferable to send the budget papers to our secretary first, so as to not interrupt me in my work." The line of reasoning seemed perfectly natural to him: one person could give him the budget papers much faster, and at a much more convenient time, than multiple club members providing them successively. And yet...

"...There was a problem with what I said, wasn't there?"

Was he overworking Tadano with this request? Or was it something else altogether? Masaru Demura did not understand his failings particularly well, but after his encounter with himself earlier that day, he was all too aware of the quantity of them, if nothing else. He was in no position to ignore advice of any kind, especially from his senpai and current student council president.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 05, 2022, 05:33:12 pm »

"Well~ I should get going, anyway.  There's still a lot to do, after all.  I can't really promise on this meet up stuff, but I'll try to check in and see~"

Aika picks up +3 DR from studying in the Science Rooms, then goes to the Mishima Tower studio and nearby entertainment district to do some recording and interview work and the like for Coral ☆ Light before hitting the Shopping Center for more promo work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:57:07 pm by Lucus Casius »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 05, 2022, 06:39:55 pm »

Mori and Veep regrouped after Mori's shift ended.

"Looking back, that was a complete disaster. I looked like a clown in front of the enemy, and I'm certain she, at the very least, had some understanding of what was going on in my head. Was your mission at least a success?"

Veep nodded, shifting the bag in his hands to his elbow as he took out his pen and paper.

"Didn't buy much as we're not sure what the script is yet. Bought fake bamboo, gold spray paint, and glow in the dark night sky stickers." Mori read off, before noting a bag from the local DVD store, "And what's that?"

Veep handed Mori another note.

"A show we can watch later and critique the acting. Mori read, "Ok, I'm trusting you that it's either entertaining or entertainingly bad. Anything you want to do while we're out?"

Another note: "Batting cages?"

"Didn't you get enough of watching me fail today?"

"Think of it as stress relief. Imagine you're hitting images of Mishima, or yourself for looking like an idiot."

"Ok, fine."

Mori and Veep go to the batting cages for +1 DEF.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 10:06:42 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 05, 2022, 07:29:44 pm »

Otoya nods.
"Yeah, same. I've just been meaning to catch up on work. I have that recital in two weeks. Need to practice. Kanna's gonna kill me if I miss it. You feeling okay?"

"Erm... Yeah. Yeah, I am. Like I said before, just some finishing touches."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2022, 03:17:15 am »

"Ah. Yeah, I don't think you two have met, since you're never at school. Honda, this is....Fujimura Ayaka, captain of the tennis club. Close friend o' mine. Her backhand's amazin'. Ayaka, this is Honda. We run in the same kinda' circles."
  "A friend of Jin's is a friend of mine. It is a pleasure to meet you, Honda."

"How close a friend are we talking, Akutagawa? Don't think I didn't notice that little bit of hesitation there."

"Bah, I'm just teasing! Good to meet you. I'm Honda, first name Mildred."

"He doesn't strike me much as the type to play tennis. How did you two meet?"

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2022, 03:33:32 am »

Just as Mildred enters July there's a thump as someone turns the wrong corner and almost walks right into her. ,

"Ah, excuse me... Mildred? Ah."

Misa blinks for a moment and then offers extends her hand.

"We separated a bit quickly back there... or at least quicker then, uh, it took me to process what had happened, so I don't think I ever said thank you for lending your skill to our common cause back then."

Use 1AP at July and gain 100 yen.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 06, 2022, 05:40:29 am »

Mildred was surprised by the sudden encounter, but surprisingly did not react by throwing hands when bumped into.

"Oh, yeah, no problem. I'm not the type of person to just sit by when a fight breaks out, you know, let someone else handle it."

Having gotten over the initial surprise, Mildred took a better look at the person addressing her.

"If I remember right, when the theater kid was asking who everyone was you said your name was Misa. Sounds like you already have my name. Good to meet you."

She didn't really count the last time because there was a LOT going on, and it had been more of a case of Proioxis meeting Pixie back then. She held a hand out to shake.

"So, also here to look for some deals?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #388 on: January 06, 2022, 10:00:31 am »

"Anything you want to keep secret, my lips are sealed. Besides, we all have a pact of sorts now, I guess. A whole bunch of alter egos."

Mildred looked curious.

"Since it's loud enough in here no one's gonna hear us in the cage, I gotta ask. Your Kaijin. What do you think about it?"
"I don't really know. I guess the whole black knight thing makes sense. He's kind of an asshole, though." She put one end of the bat on the ground, leaning on it slightly. "You?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2022, 12:47:27 pm »

Mildred looked up in thought for a few seconds, thinking about her Kaijin.

"I'm of two minds about her. She came at me with all the bullshit people say about me, but when I stood up to her she agreed. I guess she was just testing me, but if she is me she would've known from the start I would pass."

"Aside from that... being her feels right. I've always liked beating the hell out of people who deserve it, and there's no doubt that these demons definitely deserve it. Being in that Akuma dimension or whatever you want to call it, with all that power and nothing but enemies who needed to be destroyed to save Akitsuki... was liberating. It was simple, you know?"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 85