Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63148 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #405 on: January 07, 2022, 10:36:06 pm »

"That's some forward thinking. Good idea."

"Variations on pick up and carry mostly. There's almost always one store or another which is interested in getting someone to help restock or work in the back rooms here, even if which store it is changes all the time."

"There's an 'hiring' board actually, for the ones interested. Want me to show you where it is?"

"It doesn't pay the most, but it doesn't pay the least, and if the work is unreliable it's reliably unreliable."

Misa sighs.

"Though hopefully we don't need to test my forwards thinking anytime soon. It'd be nice if no one gets a murder attempt in the next week... and honestly, I'm a little scared of what I might do if I turn into Pixie again."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2022, 10:06:14 am »

Akihiko nodded at Veep.
"Well, yeah, that checks. Your friend thinks he's in some kinda anime and has me pegged for a shonen protagonist. Having a chuunibyou for a club president can be a bit off-putting."

Ayaka nods.
"Yes. I am a student at Hermelin, same as you."
"Yeah, I figured you wouldn't know, Honda. She's off doin' tournaments for the school, y'know. She's not bad at tennis. And, of course, you're you."

"Oh? No! No, I was just texting Aki-kun to check up on him. A concert, huh? You must be super popular to make it so easy!"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2022, 04:08:09 pm »

Veep turned to look at Mori with a slight quizzical expression before handing him another note.

"I meant the tendency to change his apparent mood on a dime and occasional mentions of blackmail and bribery. You don't normally let your chuuni side out except with people you trust."

"Kasuga and I had something of a chat earlier about some things, but I've been asked not to tell anyone about it." Mori replied, "So I'm going to need 10,000 yen if you really want to know."

Veep snorted and lightly punched Mori's arm.

"Anyway, like I was saying earlier, we should probably trade numbers so we can keep in touch about play prep and such." stated, turning back to Akihiko, "You wanna talk business now, or just hang out and compete with Veep on who can kick my ass more at bat. Or do you have plans?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 09, 2022, 01:50:50 am »

"I suppose you did pretty alright, too. I'd be lying if I didn't say I had a little fun."
"Hoping this doesn't turn into too much of a pain in the ass though. Got enough to deal with between Father, the boys, and school, I don't need some shonen anime bullshit interrupting my life every ten seconds."

"Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. If I was you I'd consider an Akuma attack a good chance to vent some frustration on something that really deserves it."

"Anyway, the boys? You have brothers?"

Mildred was an only child so she didn't know if siblings were that much of a handful or not.

"Variations on pick up and carry mostly. There's almost always one store or another which is interested in getting someone to help restock or work in the back rooms here, even if which store it is changes all the time."

"There's an 'hiring' board actually, for the ones interested. Want me to show you where it is?"

"It doesn't pay the most, but it doesn't pay the least, and if the work is unreliable it's reliably unreliable."

Misa sighs.

"Though hopefully we don't need to test my forwards thinking anytime soon. It'd be nice if no one gets a murder attempt in the next week... and honestly, I'm a little scared of what I might do if I turn into Pixie again."

"I s'pose it couldn't hurt to at least take a look at what needs doing. Might find something worth a few bucks."

Mildred made an 'after you' gesture to Misa.

"Quick question, though. Why are you scared of Pixie? Seemed to me like you were doing a good job out there."

"Yes. I am a student at Hermelin, same as you."
"Yeah, I figured you wouldn't know, Honda. She's off doin' tournaments for the school, y'know. She's not bad at tennis. And, of course, you're you."

"I'd ask 'what is that supposed to mean' if I was that kind of girl. I ain't though."

The biker snorted slightly and waved off the comment.

"If Hermelin sponsored street races, I'd be winning tournaments for them, too."

"Good luck with the tournaments, though."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 09, 2022, 05:23:54 am »

"Oh? No! No, I was just texting Aki-kun to check up on him. A concert, huh? You must be super popular to make it so easy!"

"Aki-kun, huh~?  Let him know I said hi!"

"But I guess you're kinda right.  We owe the chance to do this to the support of our fans, after all."

"Though I guess if we weren't successful, we wouldn't have fans in the first place~"

"Still... it's harder than you'd think~!  Even with Coral ☆ Light picking up as much as it has, getting enough interest for a proper concert is hard.  And not just 'cause you wanna be sure there are enough people there to enjoy it, though that's definitely the first thing!"

"You need to make sure the venue thinks there will be, or else they won't think it's worth their time!  Or if not them, then your manager, so they can try to secure it.  And even once you can do that, you still have the really hard, really important part."

"You need to make sure people--both new fans, and those who've been to every last one of your events--actually do enjoy it! And that means a lot of hard work.  And practice.  Lots and lots of practice.  Enough to learn a new song, or a new dance, or how to do an old one in a slightly different way.  Not to mention all the other little things outside the songs themselves.  And even in cases where not much changes, you need to put in enough to show the audience that your entire heart and soul is in it."

"That way everyone--old and new--can enjoy themselves and come away from the whole thing smiling."

Apparently realizing she'd gone on for a bit again, Aika rubbed the back of her head, giving the other girl an apologetic look.

"Heheh, sorry~ I get pretty passionate about this stuff, y'know?  I guess I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #410 on: January 09, 2022, 12:45:05 pm »

"Ugh, I hadn't even thought of them. Yeah, I have brothers, but that's not who I meant."
"Nah, I've got a few, uh, friends. They look to me for advice and all, you know." She didn't really think she was fooling Mildred, but her being a classmate was enough to keep her from stating things outright. "They're liable to do some dumb shit if I don't check in on them."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 07:52:24 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 09, 2022, 04:07:48 pm »

"Ah. I getcha."

Mildred winked with a finger to her lips. She knew all about keeping those people in line, and she'd bet Akutagawa knew a little bit about it too.

"I have a few knucklehead acquaintances like that myself."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 09, 2022, 06:42:58 pm »

Akihiko shrugged.
"Sure, let's trade numbers. I don't mind sticking around for a bit; I've just gotten out of training at the dojo."

Ayaka nods again.
"Thank you."
"You do know one of the teachers used to be a street racer, right? Well, at least as word on the street goes, anyway. Get her in charge, maybe we'll get street races sponsored, eh?"

Saya nods.
"Oh, no, no! I love hearing about stuff like this! It's always really interesting hearing about it from someone who's super passionate! Maybe I should come and watch one of your concerts with Aki-kun sometime? Granted, I'd have to drag him. I don't think idols are his thing..."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 10, 2022, 12:57:48 am »

"Quick question, though. Why are you scared of Pixie? Seemed to me like you were doing a good job out there."

"It's this way then." Misa says, pointing with an extended finger as she starts to walk.

"And... mm. It's not that I'm afraid of Pixie. If I was afraid of her, if I couldn't face her... I don't think I'd have come back out as me. But Pixie... saying she isn't me would be a lie."

"But she's a different me, then this me, if that makes sense?"

"I... I spend too long hiding away, just hoping for things to change, and I'd forgotten what it was like to act on my hopes." Misa says with a frown. "I won't forget that again."

"But even if Pixie's me, she's a me that will consider doing and saying things that this me... this me would consider too much."

"That me did consider things, doing things to change things, that me as I am right now would not have thought of, and her reasons not to aren't the reasons this me would have used."

Misa voice drops for this, the last sentence, as if she's speaking to herself as much as Mildred. "And yet those reasons and those ideas still ring true to me."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 10, 2022, 01:51:20 am »

Saya nods.
"Oh, no, no! I love hearing about stuff like this! It's always really interesting hearing about it from someone who's super passionate! Maybe I should come and watch one of your concerts with Aki-kun sometime? Granted, I'd have to drag him. I don't think idols are his thing..."

"You could always trick him by saying it's a new superhero live show.  Something like Go!  Bright Coral ☆ Rangers! has a nice ring to it~!"

"Hm.  I guess it's not entirely a lie, either, with the kaijin thing..."

Aika stopped to ponder this for a moment, appearing almost subdued.  Within seconds, however, she'd shaken whatever thought she'd had off and was back to her usual cheery self.

"More seriously, concerts aren't for everyone.  If things are going well, crowds get excited, and for some of the more introverted types like him it's the wrong sort of energy."

"But~!  A lot of that changes, if you go with a friend.  Even if it's not normally something you'd enjoy, just being around someone you care about who does can let you appreciate it too.  And with as close as you two are, I bet he'd have a great time!"

"Besides, if all else fails, everyone likes music~!  The trick is that people just like different types."

"So, what's Aki-kun a fan of?  Alt rock?  Wait, no, I've got it!"

"Enka.  That guy definitely listens to enka."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 10, 2022, 03:27:43 am »

"Thank you."
"You do know one of the teachers used to be a street racer, right? Well, at least as word on the street goes, anyway. Get her in charge, maybe we'll get street races sponsored, eh?"

"Impossible. I know that's the word on the street but I can't picture any of them doing anything like that. Even if - no, especially if odds are it's Kurenai. I just don't see it."

"It's this way then." Misa says, pointing with an extended finger as she starts to walk.

Misa voice drops for this, the last sentence, as if she's speaking to herself as much as Mildred. "And yet those reasons and those ideas still ring true to me."

"Oh, I see. You're afraid that Pixie is the 'real you' because she would say and do things you would only think about?"

Mildred considered this as they walked, hands in her jacket pockets.

"That's hard for me to relate to. I just do whatever I feel like, and Proioxis only seemed to want me not to take things too far. But I think that caution's a part of me, too, like those things Pixie does are a part of you. Like the cylinders of an engine. A vital part of the engine, but not the only part it needs to work. You need the whole thing put together for a vehicle to run."

"Well, I can't tell you what's best for you. I ain't that smart. But I don't think there's any harm in having those feelings."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 10, 2022, 12:51:56 pm »

"Kurenai-sensei? Like....Helpers' Club advisor....Kurenai-sensei? Tall, black hair, glasses, low-key kinda hot like one of those librarians on TV?"
Jin thinks briefly.
"....yeah, if it's that Kurenai-sensei, my mom ran with her back in the day. They used to call her the "Crimson Bloom", 'cause that's all you'd see of her taillights when she got ahead of you, my mom used to say. 'Course, this was back when she lived up in Tokyo, so it got pretty wild."

Saya snorts.
"Enka? I think Aki-kun would be caught dead before he got caught listening to it."
"I wouldn't say he's all THAT introverted. And he loves karaoke. Just...you know? Because of all those rumours about him, he doesn't really have many friends. Just me and Honda. I think he'd love having more, but...."
  "....well, anyway. I could definitely drag Aki-kun with me to cheer for you at a concert! He really doesn't seem to mind doing things when it's with me...he's so accomodating that way."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 10, 2022, 01:19:56 pm »

"Bull-fuckin'-shit Akutagawa. There's no way. I'll believe it when she races me, and that'll never happen."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 10, 2022, 01:46:02 pm »

"Could even look up the newspapers if you wanted, Honda. She was all over them. Obviously they never caught her. And I get you. Didn't believe that some bookish teacher was actually a legendary street racer....'til mom confirmed it, of course. Crazy where life takes you."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2022, 05:15:26 am »

Saya snorts.
"Enka? I think Aki-kun would be caught dead before he got caught listening to it."
"I wouldn't say he's all THAT introverted. And he loves karaoke. Just...you know? Because of all those rumours about him, he doesn't really have many friends. Just me and Honda. I think he'd love having more, but...."
  "....well, anyway. I could definitely drag Aki-kun with me to cheer for you at a concert! He really doesn't seem to mind doing things when it's with me...he's so accomodating that way."

"Well, I may have been off base on the other stuff, but that part's exactly like I said!  You two are super close~"

"So~!  How about this?  If you can talk him into coming to a concert, I'll make sure to set aside a couple of tickets for you.  My treat."

"Don't let it stop you if he's busy, though.  I'd love to have you there, and I bet Kaede and Naoki feel the same."

"You do a lot of stuff for other people, after all.  I figure it's only fair you get a chance to enjoy yourself, right?  And I think Aki-kun will, too, if he goes with you and gives it a chance~"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 85