Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63141 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #540 on: January 22, 2022, 09:15:55 pm »

". . . what do you mean, why? It's tradition. We're a noble bloodline, I can trace my lineage back for centuries."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 23, 2022, 12:17:20 am »

Mildred began looking around the cafeteria for Miyazono. Of course, she had no idea who he was or what he looked like, so she just started calling out.

"Miyazono! You in here or what?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 23, 2022, 04:23:11 pm »

Sakurajima Team
After some walking, the group arrives back at school, Kanna taking a moment to sign Tsukasa in, before the group heads up to an empty home economics room. The room....looks exactly like what you'd expect of one; islands dotted around the room with sinks, countertops and kitchen utensils. A section of wall is absent of decorations, with a few stools scattered around; perfect for filming whatever Sakurajima has to say.

"This is perfect!
"Yes. We could do something with this."

Tadano/Miyazono Team
As Mildred yells Miyazono's name over the din of the lunch crowd, she sees one young man in glasses stare up, a box of orange juice in his hands with a straw, looking completely confused.
"Eh?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 23, 2022, 04:53:27 pm »

"Well, I'm off to go get the AV equipment, you all go ahead and start with the cooking work." Mori said, as he headed to the Theatre room.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2022, 12:08:50 am »

"There you are! We'll be right there!"

Mildred led Misa and Saya over.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 24, 2022, 05:36:13 pm »

Sakurajima Team
Right before Mori can even make down the corridor, he finds a student shuffling away, having left behind a camera, a tripod, and a note on the top.

The note looks to be in Veep's handwriting.
Had this delivered to you to keep you out of the clubroom. Mishima's in there talking with a few of the students who are fans of hers. You owe me big time.

Tadano/Miyazono Team
Otoya just stares at Mildred.
"Eh? Do we....are you even a student here? You don't look like a student..."
"Miyazono, this is a friend of mine and Aki-kun's, Honda, and this is our other new member Miyashita. We're here about your request?"
"Oh, right, Tadano. Yeah. Um....this is gonna sound awkward but....I was hoping you could help Tadano. He and I go way back, as you and Kasuga know and, well...."
"No way to sugarcoat it. He's got a huge crush on Koga."
"Aww. I mean, I figured. But aww. So what do you want us to do about it?"
"Huh? Well, uh....I figured you'd know about relationships, given you and Kasuga...."
"Eh? It's....n-not like that! What about you and Sakurajima?"
"Huh?! N-no! Kanna and I are....it's not like that! What do you mean you and Kasuga aren't...anyway."
"Also I....didn't want to stress out Kanna, anyway. I know those rumours about her being sick are all....well, rumours, but she collapsed when we were doing a tournament and....I don't want to make her more stressed. So I figured I'd come to you guys for advice and leave her out of it."
"Is she okay?"
"She got discharged pretty quickly, so she's okay, but....I don't wanna make trouble for her, you know?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 24, 2022, 06:34:35 pm »

Mori sent a quick text to Veep.

"Consider your debt repaid for making me sit through that insipid show."

The reply came within a few seconds.

"That 'insipid show' had you bawling like a toddler."

"Choke."

After a few seconds, Mori added.

"Thank you.

"No problem."

Mori brought the equipment back into the Home Economics room.

"Fortunately, my ever-faithful vice president saw to it to have the equipment we needed delivered." he stated, as he stepped back in, before turning to Sakurajima, "Now, can you give me some information of what you want to have in your message so I could prepare?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:38:52 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 24, 2022, 07:44:56 pm »

"I'm a student. Third year. Besides which, kind of help do you want us to give? If it's 'get together' kind of help I don't think anyone in the club can do that. Saya and Akihiko are about as oblivious as it gets, the others are shy, and if I wanted a guy I'd just do this."

Mildred immediately kabedon'd Miyazono and looked down at him (again, she was about six feet tall).

"Hey."

"But I'm just screwing around and I don't think that approach works for everyone!"

Chuckling to herself, she stepped back.

"Then again, who knows. Maybe I could go teach your friend that."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 24, 2022, 07:59:11 pm »

Sakurajima Team
"Eh? Preparations? I was....hoping just to wing it. I ddin't really want to write it down or something because I thought it might be a little cliche..."

Tadano/Miyazono Team
Otoya just stares at Mildred again, looking at her as if she'd suggested he'd just strip naked.
"Eh? Would Kanna even approve of something like that? W-wait, why am I..."
"Anyway, that's not the only issue. Um....there's this other dude. Kaneko Daiya, member of the football team."

The name should sound familiar to Mildred. He was one of the people she and Akihiko sent to hospital that day when they tried (and failed miserably) to jump Akihiko. At least Sasanuma put up a decent fight.

"There's rumours he might be trying his hand at asking Koga out. I'm not sure if she'll accept, but....knowing the type of guy he is, I don't want Tadano to get hurt."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 24, 2022, 08:06:35 pm »

"Ok, guess I'll just sit here then." Mori replied as he pulled out his phone and started putting down notes for the upcoming play.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 24, 2022, 08:19:16 pm »

"Name sounds familiar... Oh, I think I whipped his ass before. Stuffed him in a locker. I can tell him to back off and if not..."

"Well, I've got other tricks I can acquaint him with."

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 24, 2022, 08:24:07 pm »

Through the definitional undeservedness of her flattery was objectionable, Akitsuki's relentlessness had finally broken Masaru's rationalizations. He set an alarm on his phone for 5 minutes before the class bell (so he wouldn't need to deal with crowded hallways), and headed towards the cafeteria. However, given that he never used the facility in question, it took him a surprising amount of time to find it (made worse by this being his first year). He only knew where Miyazono was via Honda's... display.

"...Am I interupting anything?" He then approached Miyazono. "My name is Masaru Demura. Treasurer of the Student Council, if you needed to know. It came to my attention recently that a senior member of the Student Council needed support of some kind, and though outside of my immediate jurisdiction, *and schedule,* I was obliged to aid in whatever way I could."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 24, 2022, 11:55:35 pm »

"We don't know if the rumors are true either though." Misa points out. "It'd be a shame to put in a lot of effort into making sure Daiya doesn't do something if he gets turned down only to find the rumors had no truth to them, right?"
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 25, 2022, 09:12:51 pm »

Sakurajima Team
Kanna sighed. She closes her eyes, and....

"Here goes."
"Hey, Otoya. If you're seeing this....I'm probably no longer with you. There's a few things I have to say...."
The message is pretty short, surprisingly; it was Kanna explaining why she wanted to play alongside him (she'd known him since they were both children), what she loved about him (his awkward, yet earnest nature, his kind heart, the fact that he never pitied her) and finally, a confession of love of her own (cheesy, cliched, but honest). It was, by acting standards, terrible. Horrible. But....well, it was honest. Kanna was no actress, but she had genuinely wanted to say something, and say something she did.

There's some information that from anyone else, Mori might have considered using as blackmail material. From a dying girl under his protection? As far as he was concerned, he'd never heard it.
At the end of it, Kanna looks drained.
"...how was that? Was my voice clear? I think I might have cracked a bit. Sorry if I'm fretting, I don't want to look bad in front of Otoya, you know?"

Tadano/Miyazono Team
"W-what?! No! Don't beat him up! Tadano....and Demura, apaprently....would kill me if you did that! "
"No, I just want you to find out if he's planning anything! If he's doing something to mess with Tadano, then....do something, b-but nothing horrible! I sound like some kind of gang boss right now, Kanna would laugh her butt off..."

"Well, well. If isn't the Genius Cellist, the Mad Dog of Mishima and the famous Akitsuki Saya."

A young man in the Amamiya uniform suddenly appears, leaning on the table.
"Please don't call me that."
"Well, I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge your skills."
"Who are you?"
"Sugiura Kazuya. A new transfer to Amamiya. I'm here to scout out the competition."
"One of those...Big Three, right? The students everyone likes?"
"Yep! Mishima Kanade, the famous, beloved actress. Kazami Tsukasa, the aloof, handsome and tragic senior. And myself, the beloved, cool transfer student."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2022, 10:08:12 pm »

"It was spectacular." Mori replied, gently, "No amount of training or practice in acting could ever match the heartfelt and true force of your words. Any failings are to be left in, uncorrected, as no amount of practice can rival true sincerity."

And in return, I'm going to be completely honest with you here." Mori continued, "And as you know, that's a rare occurrence, worthy of your undivided attention, and careful consideration."

The air about him shifting. Any amount of smugness, or self-assured confidence faded away like mist in the morning light, leaving behind nothing but gentle sincerity.

"Two paths lie before you. The first path is the one you currently plan to embark on. You will continue for the rest of your life to act as if everything is well, as if you have all the time in the world ahead of you, until that's just not possible anymore. I will, similarly, act as if I never heard a word of what you said, as though it has been scoured from my mind so that, even under threat of torture or death, I will never betray you to anyone. When you're finally gone from this world, I will make absolutely certain that this recording gets to Miyazono, and that he watches it the full way through, and sees the pure, heartfelt sincerity that I just saw before me, so even though you're gone, your final will and legacy shall be with him forever." Mori stated, walking up to Kanna and kneeling down in front of her and putting one hand on her shoulder. "The other path, which is dark and foggy with unkowns, is a path where instead, you go out and you tell Miyazono all that dwells in your heart yourself, now, while it still means something. Don't wait until you are gone to make your feelings known, instead push every day you have left to be the best that you can take from it. Seize the reigns of your fate and prove that you decide the path of your life, as no one and nothing else could."

Mori stood up and let out a heavy sigh.

"I will not... no, I can not judge you on which path you choose to take. The circumstances you bear with every day are too heavy for me to hope to comprehend, and the choice of what you do with those days is yours and yours alone." He continued, "But give some thought to a change of path, to plunging into those dark unknowns. I can't tell you what will happen, and I certainly can't promise that it will not hurt, but that's the thing about life. It bites at us and scratches us, cuts us until we bleed, beats us until we collapse, but we still cling to it, because no matter the pain we suffer, it's only in life that what we do or say means anything at all."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 10:10:41 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 85