Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63179 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #675 on: March 29, 2022, 04:51:59 pm »

"You caused this. You drove him to this. You want what the figure is saying to be true. You want to be special. You want to make a miracle. You want to overturn the world. You want control. You want that power. You want to be someone. You want it all."

"Those words were yours and yours alone."

"Sorry... but I think we need to save you first." Mori replied to Otoya, before turning to the team.

"Otohime, support Gwer! Pyrrha, you're with me! he ordered "and if Gawain can deign to get his head out of his own ass, it would be a great help if he would be with Otohime and Marc'heg Gwer, thanks! The odds we'll actually be able to stop the toad right now are pretty much zip, so focus on the people you know you can save and leave the rest for later!"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:47:13 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 02, 2022, 06:43:36 pm »

Yet another name to keep track of. Perhaps Vasusena's lack of awareness of Kaneko's pathetic excuse for baggage would successfully make this seem less personal... if he hadn't suddenly assaulted Koga-senpai.

"KOGA-SE-" He held himself back in an attempt to conceal his identity, but only barely. He immediately redirected his attention to Spartoi, and let loose a flurry of burning bolts at him, while he was distracted by Kasuga.

"Pixie, rescue Koga! Proioxis, protect Tadano and Akitsuki! Everyone else, surround him! There is only one way to end this, and we must end this as quickly as possible!"
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 02, 2022, 08:50:47 pm »

"Got it, chief!"

Mildred immediately placed herself between the Akuma and Tadano & Saya, whipping up a wall of wind just behind her to keep the latter two safe.

"If you want them, you'll have to get through me. You couldn't beat me in a gang fight and you sure as hell can't beat me like this, so give up already."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 03, 2022, 07:20:40 pm »

"Pixie, rescue Koga! Proioxis, protect Tadano and Akitsuki! Everyone else, surround him! There is only one way to end this, and we must end this as quickly as possible!"
"On it!"

Darting forwards, Pixie attempts to fee Koga from her bounds as she swings around and brings her foot, backed up by a slicing gale of wind, down on the tentacles between their owner and where they have grabbed on to the student president. "Let's get you out of the kamen rider fight zone!"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 04:10:18 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 06, 2022, 11:48:01 am »

Pixie rushes in to try to save Rise, but more tendrils arise, swatting her away. Her bursts of wind go wide. The Akuma now occupying Daiya's form just laughs at her, before bringing Rise closer with a gesture of his fingers.

"That all you got? In that case, we'll take care of you first, Prez. You'll-"

[Now Playing: Tadano's Theme ~POLARIS~]

"Sprout forth, Momotaro!"

A greenish blur smashes into the tentacle, the distinct sound of metal being crushed by metal. In the blink of an eye, Rise finds herself not in the clutches of a deranged Akuma, but in the arms of a short person, clad in green armor overlaid over peach-pink armor, a zunari kabuto helmet and mask obscuring their face and a green visor obscuring their eyes. Across their back, a simple kanabo is slung, made of black steel and golden studs arrayed around it. However, the voice is unmistakable.

"You little-"
"I'll protect you, Koga-senpai!"

That voice belongs to Tadano Riku.

"Tada...no? Are you..."
"I don't know what this is but....I won't let him lay a finger on you!"

Riku, still holding Rise tightly, bounds off the ground, avoiding Spartoi's metal appendages. With one swift kick towards one, the young man rends it with a strike, managing to push himself towards the group. The Akuma drops Akihiko, his attention turned towards him. Riku lets Rise down gently, placing the young woman on the metal floor, before positioning himself between her and Daiya.

"I won't....let someone else fight my battles for me anymore! Kasuga, Akitsuki, Koga-senpai, I'll fight with you!"
"Goody-two-shoes little runt! You're not some kinda superhero, you know, even in that getup! Quit spouting shit like some wannabe shonen protagonist! I still got options!"

His eyes dart towards Saya, still incapacitated. If Akihiko's eyes were still visible, they'd widen. He immediately tries to pull himself to his feet, only for Daiya to stomp down hard on him, pushing him back down. The pinned Kaijin smashes his fists into Spartoi's leg, but to no avail; he's far tougher than even Saya was.

"Don't you dare touch Saya! You bastard! I'll-!"
"What, make speeches at me? Please. You don't have the balls. And I'll-"

Saya's voice suddenly pierces through the din, clearly anguished and scared.
"Get away from Akihiko! Don't you DARE hurt him! Shine down, Tsukuyomi!"

[Now Playing: Saya Battle Theme ~Lone Prayer~]
Suddenly, a burst of light knocks Daiya off his feet, sending him tumbling away, almost blinding everyone else in the room.

"What?! Two of you?! No!"

Floating an inch off the ground, in the place of Saya is her Akuma form.

No, not quite right. It resembles her Akuma form; however, her robes are blue, rather than white, the ribbons surrounding her form a soft white rather than a fierce red. The ever-shifting galaxy reflected in her visor is colored in blues and yellows, rather than harsh crimson, and a lock of blonde hair emerges from the back of her helmet. The bottom of Saya's now-spindly legs fades into a translucent field of stars. In her hand, another blast of light is readied as she floats over, helping Akihiko up.

All of you sense something; as Saya approaches, you feel more aware of the enemy's weaknesses, of the layout of the room. Something about her power seems to grant you increased insight into everything.

"Are you okay, Akkun?"
"I'm more worried about you, Saya. Are you sure you can-"
"If it's for you, Akkun, I can do anything. Please, don't worry about me."
"Saya..."

Saya -or Tsukuyomi- turns then to face Daiya.
"I'm done letting Akihiko fight his battles alone! I'll protect him too!"
"Quit the lovey-dovey shit! Shut up! Shut UP!"

Masked Onibi begin to pour into the room as Daiya pulls himself to his feet.

"You stupid people....losers while I've had to struggle here with everyone hating me, I'll make it all mine!
"The only loser here is you, ya whiny bastard. Come on, give me a fight already!"

The Akuma occupying -or rather, enveloping- Otoya moves towards Mori slowly.
"Get out of the way."
Shinigami raises its hand, a blast of blacker than black forming within its palm. Gawain yells.
"Sawatari! Out of the way!"

Before he can react, Mori is shoved aside, Gawain falling backwards, as the blast smashes into the wall behind them, disintegrating it entirely. Behind it, you can see Akihiko's group in the middle of fighting a different Akuma and a different group of Onibi. Tsukasa pulls himself to his feet.

"This must be the center of the Domain then. Damn."
"Well, this is all very interesting. But....I will bid you adieu."

The mysterious Kaijin waves, his cheeks clearly raising into a grin under his mask, before fading into the shadows. Tsukasa clenches his hands, tightly gripping his sword.
"I'll get that bastard later. Sakurajima, behind me!"
"Y-yes."

Robed Onibi begin to pour into the room, as Akuma and Onibi alike begin hemming the Kaijin in, back to back, with Rise and Kanna safely ensconced between the two groups of Kaijin.

As the fight begins, however, Kanna seems to lose consciousness, slumping to the floor. Rise catches her, staring at the others. Despite the desperate situation, she seems to have it relatively together.
"Handle the fight! I have Sakurajima!"

"Don't hurt Kanna. Let me save her, please."

~~~~Turn 1~~~~
Player Phase
~~Map Theme (Mass Destruction)~~
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 11:49:52 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 06, 2022, 05:08:08 pm »

Mori looked at the Akuma revealed across the newly made whole in the wall. Yes, some things were different, if he hadn't known who it was it might have taken longer to figure it out, but the way he held himself, at least when he was confident or about to do some kind of goonish action, remained the same.

"Kaneko Daiya..." Mori muttered.

"Will you render judgement? Will you inflict punishment? You will hear his gallows snap."
"Focus on one thing at a time for now."

"...we will discuss your punishment when this is over."

He turned to look at who else the broken wall had revealed. There was Kasuga and the rest, of course, along with a few other Kaijin. The starry one was Akitsuki, after all, it looked like Lunarian. The other one he hadn't seen before... process of elimination of those he knew had been taken by Daiya suggested Tadano, though further information would be required to confirm it. As for the new, yet familiar, Kaijin.

"So it appears the true Aegaeon has made his appearance?" Mori stated, "A pity, you just missed your imposter. Scrawny man, purple hood and a mask, speaks like this. Rather a bothersome toad, but I didn't catch his name. He rather reminds me of a shitty knockoff of myself, what with his less effective shapeshifting and voice mimicry. Actually, come to think of it, he may still be here, given he just faded into shadows, but when I do that I'm only hidden." He changed to addressing the assembled kaijins "If you could please watch for signs of an invisible figure walking about, as best you can while still concerning yourselves with the fight, that would be fantastic, thank you!"

"Anyway, Akitsuki and... Tadano, yes? Congratulations on your successful fight with the voices in your head. Side effects many include seeing terrifying monsters in the mirror, receiving creepy text messages, or repeated extremely vivid nightmares. If you experience these symptoms, please contact the Helper's club immediately as The White Knight will be of ABSOLUTELY NO HELP WHATSOEVER! Now then, I'll be helping Otoya if I am needed. Please decide swiftly who will be helping to restore which akuma so I may decide whose shadow to watch from."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #681 on: April 11, 2022, 08:42:07 am »

K9, Hikana Hateful I
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 12, 2022, 05:06:02 pm »

"And here we go again... "

Pixie gives a slight sigh before darting past Pyrrha-, well, before beginning to dart past Pyrrha until she sees the enemy she was targeting get almost disintegrated by sheer overkill causing her to divert her course so she can strike a different enemy with the bolt of lightning she's been pulling out.

N8, Zia Vengeful F
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 07:43:21 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 13, 2022, 02:33:57 pm »

It was all certainly a lot to process. Yet more Kaijin joining them (including the student council secretary), an entire second domain revealing itself (which other Kaijin were already dealing with), Fantomas' bizarrely uncalled for rant... he turned to the newly-minted Kaijin before him.

"Momotaro, pay no mind to Fantomas. Even as a human, he makes an effort to be impossible to trust, even with those of us he works with. Though his actions stand to aid us, I cannot comprehend the intention of his words at this time."

"Making peace with your inner demon and becoming a Kaijin is an accomplishment. Take pride, as commander of your own self."

"Now, everyone! The Onibi have surrounded us! Reposition against the wall nearest to Pixie!"

Vasusena to K7, cast Sunfire on Hateful G
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 13, 2022, 03:49:22 pm »

”They hate you. They fear you. They distrust you. They have reason to. They will never trust you. They will always hate you.”
”Does that matter?”

”Thank you very much for remembering that I personally enjoy making all of you suffer and squirm, as too many people here seem to forget it,” Mori replied, ”but I’m actually trying to be helpful right now, bucket-head. I’ve been having nightmares and hallucinations ever since I had my little talk with the voices in my head so I wanted to let the new recruits know what they might be in for, since no one had the courtesy to tell me.”

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 13, 2022, 04:00:51 pm »

"Sounds like a personal problem; Proioxis has been pretty quiet for me. I think you need a therapist."

With that, Mildred scooped up some rubble from the floor and moved to assist her friends.

Mildred moves to L9 to smash up Hateful H with a basic Throw.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 01:13:50 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 15, 2022, 08:12:46 pm »

Jin glances over at the ranting Mori, before gazing back at Akihiko.
"Voices? Shit, that happens?"
"Less talking, more fighting! We can sort that out when we aren't surrounded by Onibi! I'd thought you'd know, given you've got the whole being the Ocean King going!"
"Most talking Aegaeon's ever done is when he, uh, gave me the power. Y'all went through that, right?"

Riku looks down at himself.
"Inner peace? What? I, uh....all I wanted was the power to protect Koga-senpai....oh well. I still don't know how to do this-!"

And so, the Helpers' Club gives him a masterclass in how to be a Kaijin.
Quote from: Pyrrha vs. Hateful Mask I
(Aika's Charisma activates!)
(Shiro's arrogance is overwhelming...)
(Shiro's pride is overhwelming!)

Pyrrha casts Hikana!
Pyrrha loses 3 MP!

Pyrrha initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Critical: 17, crit!
Hateful Mask I takes 30 damage!

Hateful Mask I is defeated!
Pyrrha regains 10 MP!

Quote from: Vasusena vs. Hateful Mask G
(Masaru has a reputation to uphold!)

Vasusena casts Sunfire!
Vasusena loses 3 MP!

Vasusena initiates!
Hit Rate: 95 to hit
Hit: 83, hit!
(Ignis check: 16, pass!)
Hateful Mask G takes 22 damage!

Hateful Mask G is defeated!
Vasusena regains 10 MP!

Quote from: Mildred vs. Hateful Mask H
(Mildred's fists are raised!)
(Proioxis' Warding Wind is active!)
(Shiro's Support activates!)

Mildred initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Critical: 2, crit!
Hateful Mask H takes 39 damage!

Hateful Mask H is defeated!
Mildred gains one stack of Warding Wind!

Quote from: Misa vs. Vengeful Mask F
(THe winds rise behind Misa!)
(Pixie's Fairy Glamour is active!)
(Mildred's Support activates!)

Misa initiates!
Hit Rate: 84 to hit
Hit: 82, hit!
Vengeful Mask F takes 13 damage!
Vengeful Mask F suffers -10 Hit/Eva for 1 turn!

Vengeful Mask F retaliates!
Hit Rate: 65 to hit
Hit: 37, hit!
Misa takes 8 damage!

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 15, 2022, 08:44:38 pm »

”Something is wrong with you. Something no one else suffers from. Something no one else cares about. Something you will suffer alone. Something you will suffer for the rest of your life. Something that can not be stopped.”
”Focus on the more urgent patient first. We can talk more about this when Otoya is ok.”

”I was attacked by demonic mirror versions of people I know and then almost suffocated in sand inside a house of mirrors!” Mori replied to Jim’s question.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 15, 2022, 08:50:54 pm »

"....fuck, man, I'm so sorry for whatever you went through that made your inner demon come out like that. Assuming inner demons even work like that. Sorry, don't have an answer for ya, bud."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 15, 2022, 11:49:18 pm »

"Boom, headshot! See that, Kaneko!? That's gonna be you next!"
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 85